The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Gunflint Trail is freezing over. Supposed to get down to 6 degrees tonight.  (Read 1533 times)

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Yesterday we got 8 inches of snow. Then things calmed down and we're getting ice.

Got my Snowdog ready and made a couple trial runs.

Veritas Odium Parit

Offline Seamonkey84

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Wow, and I thought Maine winters are long lol. I guess being coastal keeps us more temperate.

Offline redneckdan

• Team IceShanty Regular
Most everything around here is skimmed. Had the first rescue of the season this afternoon.

Yall please dont do dumb shiit.

Im off to thaw my gear and find a hot shower...

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Rescue is much better outcome than "salvage."

Veritas Odium Parit

Offline redneckdan

• Team IceShanty Regular
True dat

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
My daughter did search and rescue in the BWCA, but only in summer. Winter would be more exciting with the addition of hypothermia and ice.
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Most everything around here is skimmed. Had the first rescue of the season this afternoon.

Yall please dont do dumb shiit.

Im off to thaw my gear and find a hot shower...  Redneckdan, thanks for being part of a rescue team! :clap: :bow:
To many posts about guys bragging about going out on ice they shouldn't be on not caring or thinking about those of you who have to risk your life to save or find them.

Offline redneckdan

• Team IceShanty Regular
Went out and checked one of my early season spots. Found 3-5" on my usual early season route to my honey holes. Hopeing to get out this weekend. Still quite a few death traps that are obscured by 2-3" of snow cover. Have heard of 7-8" on other area lakes, have not measured that much myself yet and cannot verify its true.

Offline redneckdan

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ice rescue in progress on duluth harbor.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.