Author Topic: Fisherman's Inn? Elburn  (Read 5387 times)

Offline geoff

• IceShanty Rookie
Fisherman's Inn? Elburn
« on: Feb 06, 2010, 08:21 AM »
So i hear that fishermans inn is for sale.  I wounder if i can fish it now or how i could get permission.  There are tons of huge gills in there.  It would be the best spot ever.

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: Fisherman's Inn? Elburn
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2010, 09:45 AM »
47 n Main??? Heard that was case over 20 years ago.  My corner to go to Gander n Cabela's tour.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline Kingfish6221

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2010, 10:34 AM »
Just talk to my man in Kaneville, working an Sunday access. Geoff, give me a call in the am, we'll hook em somewhere.
Blu, that place has been loaded with bull gills and catfish as long as  I can remember. Used to go in there under the cover of darkness. Been kicked out of there a time or two in my past but then that can be said about alot of places around here. Montgomery and Oswego retention and park district ponds mostly, they really don't like ice fisherman. Some s**t about liability?

Offline Bohldog05

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2010, 10:53 PM »
Just talk to my man in Kaneville, working an Sunday access. Geoff, give me a call in the am, we'll hook em somewhere.
Blu, that place has been loaded with bull gills and catfish as long as  I can remember. Used to go in there under the cover of darkness. Been kicked out of there a time or two in my past but then that can be said about alot of places around here. Montgomery and Oswego retention and park district ponds mostly, they really don't like ice fisherman. Some s**t about liability?
One of my friend's is a ex manager of that place. she told me to go for it. She said its basically a ghost town. the thing is they sold some of them ponds already. i guess the ones that are further away they sold already. Also she told me some of the ponds have pumps running in them. and some are frozen solid. But if you guys get permission let me know i am def. game. I don't wanna go in there without permission of of old second bank (owners of it).

Offline Bohldog05

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 08, 2010, 10:45 AM »
did you guys end up going out to fisherman's inn?

Offline Bohldog05

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2010, 09:29 AM »
Have you guys fish it yet?

Offline geoff

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 12, 2010, 10:23 AM »
Not yet.  Been thinkin about shabonna on sat.  You goin?

Offline Bohldog05

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 14, 2010, 01:56 PM »
Anyone game for this friday fishing it?

Offline fish-hero

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 14, 2010, 06:36 PM »
if this is an open invite, ill be there.

Offline Kingfish6221

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 14, 2010, 09:26 PM »
Working until 2pm and will head out after that

Offline Bohldog05

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 15, 2010, 02:48 AM »
So 2 people are game for fishing it? Have you guys ever fished it before?

Offline wilbur

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 15, 2010, 07:55 AM »
Can I go Ill bring the beer?

Offline Bohldog05

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 15, 2010, 08:43 AM »
So now we just need to decide on a time???...Also is anyone willing to talk to the people from Old Second in down town aurora. Its currently in a trust and they take care of it. I heard they are trying to sell it. My good friend is was one of the general managers there and she told me to go for it and the place is basically a ghost town.....but i would hate to get busted 

Offline bluegill63

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 15, 2010, 10:56 AM »
I grew up right there on green road we use to sneek in there at night and fish big bass 25 years ago!!

Offline Bohldog05

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Feb 16, 2010, 09:32 AM »
Is everyone still game? and has any one talk to Old second bank?

Offline guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 19, 2010, 07:55 PM »
did anybody get out?

Offline wilbur

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Feb 20, 2010, 04:38 PM »
I went right past the inn today the only lake i seen was right behind it and it was pretty much open from geese. Is there a bigger lake you cant see from main st.

Offline Bj1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Feb 20, 2010, 09:55 PM »
Got to talking with the guy that runs the bait shop in S.E. and he told me a couple guys tried it thru the week and got run out of there. Talked with a fella that lives close there and he said they are watching it real close...

Offline Bj1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Feb 28, 2010, 08:38 PM »
must be bait shop talk because i went by there today and there was 4 or 5 guys out there just haveing a good ole time.....

Offline Bohldog05

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Mar 01, 2010, 12:19 AM »
must be bait shop talk because i went by there today and there was 4 or 5 guys out there just haveing a good ole time.....
Do you know what ponds they were fishing? Were they doing any good?

Offline Bj1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Mar 01, 2010, 07:16 PM »
I did'nt stop and check how they were doing...they were fishing on the pond closest to main st. i guess that would be west of the main building...it's just a small pond but they were on it and i was surprised that they were fishing but as i went by there were 2 more trucks parking so there must have been a whole group of guys out there...

Offline Kingfish6221

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Mar 01, 2010, 10:14 PM »
We were there as guests of the owners. This place is unbelieveable! After touring the grounds, an awesome artesian well on site, and feeding the domestic ducks the games began. Ice was 5" and soft and with the unground springs running into the ponds, ice won't last long now. Blue gills big as dinner plates. Non stop action for about an hour and a half then it was home to clean the day's catch and watch the hockey game. Bj1 is correct, the owner lives nearby and the place is definitely private and patrolled. We did make a date to fly fish here come warmer weather.

Offline Bohldog05

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Mar 01, 2010, 11:45 PM »
Kingfish i wanna go...   ;D are all the ponds spring feed?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.