New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Delta Lake  (Read 86994 times)

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
Re: Delta Lake
« Reply #840 on: Mar 03, 2014, 01:14 PM »
Me and Walleyes don't get along, I have always struggled with catching them. I'm really planning on concentrating on Pike, if I'm up to it I may give them a try? Thanks for the tip!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Vfrancis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #841 on: Mar 03, 2014, 04:48 PM »
Me and Walleyes don't get along, I have always struggled with catching them. I'm really planning on concentrating on Pike, if I'm up to it I may give them a try? Thanks for the tip!
Bart if you see tip up on delta more than likely they are walleye fishing everyone I talked to had flat heads on the tip ups looking for eyes or crappies we got a fat 29 incher and a small pickerel. My son lost something really big. Not positive how big but from the run it defiantly had size to it. We were using large pike shiners.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #842 on: Mar 03, 2014, 05:19 PM »
Bart if you see tip up on delta more than likely they are walleye fishing everyone I talked to had flat heads on the tip ups looking for eyes or crappies we got a fat 29 incher and a small pickerel. My son lost something really big. Not positive how big but from the run it defiantly had size to it. We were using large pike shiners.

29" Walleye!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Vfrancis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #843 on: Mar 03, 2014, 06:55 PM »

Offline Tmaida17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #844 on: Mar 06, 2014, 05:43 PM »
Anyone know how deep the ice is on Delta as of today? Thinking about heading over there Saturday .

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #845 on: Mar 07, 2014, 03:31 PM »
Fished Delta for the first time! 20"-24" of ice about 4" of snow on top, great conditions for the sled and wheelers. Not to bad by foot too. Managed a few Perch. I had one flag and caught my first Pike through the ice!(28-1/2") Had something on the jigging rod, probably pike, fought it for nearly 5 min. Had it to the hole three times, couldn't get a good look at it though the slush? Finally broke off at the hole... :'( Left early, forgot my sun screen! ;D Northern Pike checked off my bucket list!

Sun rise on Delta Lake.
  Keep America Godly...

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #846 on: Mar 07, 2014, 03:38 PM »
congrats Bart.......your not gonna have anything laft on that bucket list at the rate your going  ;)

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #847 on: Mar 07, 2014, 04:08 PM »
That bucket list just keeps getting revised...  Congrats on your retirement! :clap:
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Vfrancis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #848 on: Mar 07, 2014, 04:47 PM »
Congrats on the northern. Isn't delta a nice little lake. My 12 yr old son caught a 31 inch northen at sandy pond a couple weeks ago on at 4 lb ugly stick ultra light if I can figure out how to post pictures I will send one

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Length 47 3/4 " Girth 24" NY Northern Pike
« Reply #849 on: Mar 07, 2014, 06:11 PM »
WTG Bart.. Was a beautiful day out there.. I got a little sun burn myself... I got El'Skunkoed... But im heading back out sunday I think... The ice is in GREAT SHAPE.. SOLID BLACK ICE ALL THE WAY THROUGH...
TeamNumbnutts on youtube ... Subscribe !
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=teamnumbnutts&sm=3

Offline Vfrancis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #850 on: Mar 07, 2014, 07:12 PM »
com

Offline Vfrancis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #851 on: Mar 07, 2014, 07:14 PM »

Offline Vfrancis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #852 on: Mar 07, 2014, 07:16 PM »

bart this is my son on sandy pond 31" on an ultra light made my season for him to catch this fish

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #853 on: Mar 08, 2014, 04:16 AM »
The smile says it all, WTG Dad! :thumbsup: Congratulate him for me! :clap:
  Keep America Godly...

Offline redbeard79

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #854 on: Mar 08, 2014, 05:24 AM »
Congrats Bart   I like you setup you have.  Anyone out today I was am going to head out ion a little bit would like. To meet Some of  the guys. On here

Offline Vfrancis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #855 on: Mar 08, 2014, 08:16 AM »
The smile says it all, WTG Dad! :thumbsup: Congratulate him for me! :clap:
it's all in the equipment he gets the best, I get what's left. One Time took him on the boat set him up on a good hole he caught fish one after anouther I never put a line in the water. One of my best trips ever and he was hooked for life after that.

Offline fireandice310

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #856 on: Mar 08, 2014, 10:38 AM »
i grew up fishing this lake always have luck catching something there mostly on tip ups. thinking of making the trip from marcellus ny to here tommorow to relive the olden days hows the bite going?

Offline fireandice310

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #857 on: Mar 08, 2014, 10:59 AM »
anyone know if the aok or anywhere is still selling bait? its been a few years since i been to delta i grew up in lee center fished that lake a lot they used to have a bait store in lake delta plaza on turin road and aok was selling bait for a while anyone know????  thanks in advance, trying to prepare before we make the hour and a half trip down and cant find bait LOL

Offline Vfrancis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #858 on: Mar 08, 2014, 11:06 AM »
anyone know if the aok or anywhere is still selling bait? its been a few years since i been to delta i grew up in lee center fished that lake a lot they used to have a bait store in lake delta plaza on turin road and aok was selling bait for a while anyone know????  thanks in advance, trying to prepare before we make the hour and a half trip down and cant find bait LOL
AOA is not selling bait or allowing parking closes bait was Rome and Marcy last trip we bought our the night before .

Offline fireandice310

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #859 on: Mar 08, 2014, 11:11 AM »
okay thanks ill just pick em up up here at the local bait shop. looking foward to the olden days i used to have on delta with flags flying all day :tipup:

Offline fireandice310

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #860 on: Mar 09, 2014, 09:56 PM »
Made the hour drive from marcellus. Fished from 7 am till 430pm. Around 930 am had 3 flags in a row go off. Managed 2 pickeral and a 11 1/2 inch perch. Buddy lost something huge at the hole twice shredded his line...toothy critters. Learned my lesson about drilling in someone's previous hole. Drilled and apparently hit someone s crap hole complete with toilet paper and crap flying asi drilled :sick: :sick:

Offline gubby

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #861 on: Mar 09, 2014, 10:05 PM »
so i guess you can say you found where the crappie are  ;D but i don't think they'll be keepers.

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Length 47 3/4 " Girth 24" NY Northern Pike
« Reply #862 on: Mar 10, 2014, 06:27 AM »
Made the hour drive from marcellus. Fished from 7 am till 430pm. Around 930 am had 3 flags in a row go off. Managed 2 pickeral and a 11 1/2 inch perch. Buddy lost something huge at the hole twice shredded his line...toothy critters. Learned my lesson about drilling in someone's previous hole. Drilled and apparently hit someone s crap hole complete with toilet paper and crap flying asi drilled :sick: :sick:

Sounds like you found "The Old Man of Lake" crappie spot.. Thats how he marks them...
TeamNumbnutts on youtube ... Subscribe !
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=teamnumbnutts&sm=3

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #863 on: Mar 10, 2014, 10:11 AM »
Hahahaha! I'm sorry, but sitting on my couch this is a good laugh. If it was me who found the hole full of sh*t, I would be laughing.
I am Muskies Inc.

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #864 on: Mar 10, 2014, 05:09 PM »
Yuck! So if anyone asks what'd they put in the water in Rome. I'd be a little cranky if that was my auger

Offline redbeard79

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #865 on: Mar 13, 2014, 11:50 AM »
Who is going to be out Sat?  I. Don't fish northerners I go for perch and eyes  but was thinking about looking for one this weekend. Any suggestions on what water depth I should look for  thanks .

Offline Vfrancis

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #866 on: Mar 13, 2014, 12:19 PM »
Any reports on delta would be great looking for snow depth on the lake to see if 4wheeler will make the trip going out Friday morning

Offline fireandice310

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #867 on: Mar 14, 2014, 05:38 AM »
Any reports on delta would be great looking for snow depth on the lake to see if 4wheeler will make the trip going out Friday morning

im heading out Saturday let me know how it is and if you have any luck

Offline gubby

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #868 on: Mar 14, 2014, 07:42 AM »
Redneard79 am hearing them ca.catching  Northerner in the shallows in like 5-8 fow also perch bite is good to . Some place to try is on backsets by rock pile or front of beach house. Good luck

Offline redbeard79

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #869 on: Mar 14, 2014, 07:40 PM »
Thanks gubby for the info and good luck.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.