Author Topic: SPRING OR DIGITAL SCALE????  (Read 1051 times)

Offline Pittsfield Pike Preditor

• IceShanty Rookie
  • drill em and fill em
SPRING OR DIGITAL SCALE????
« on: Sep 13, 2007, 01:34 PM »
Wondering if anyone out there thinks one is better than the other. I had found that on cold days that the digital scale wont read as accurately or even stay on if it is real cold and it isnt warmed up. Does the cold have any effect on the spring? I was also looking into the ones that grip the lip and also weigh at the same time. If anyone has any input please let me know. Thanks and pray for ice!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: SPRING OR DIGITAL SCALE????
« Reply #1 on: Sep 13, 2007, 08:04 PM »
Those Zebco de-liar scales wont move with a three pound bass on them....Junk!

You are right about the digital scales though, they don't work for beans in the cold.

I would find a good quality spring scale like THIS ONE. Cold will not effect it enough to worry about.

The weigh a fish with a ruler method also works well. Once you get used to measuring fish, you wont care what they weigh. I like to measure, snap a quick pic, and put them back down the hole CPR style!

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #2 on: Sep 13, 2007, 08:15 PM »
here in pa usually the cold isnt bad enough to affect the digital. i use it constantly and never have had a problem. i would assume though that in cold weather it would not work at all

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Sep 14, 2007, 06:42 PM »
I have one of these.  1) no battery to die from the cold 2) accurate enough for liars... 3) in the wight range of my whoppers!  4) works great in both open and hard water... 5) does not break easily....

http://www.itinscales.com/chfish.htm#in

Offline Wissota Bear

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Sep 18, 2007, 09:45 PM »
Nothing beats a good spring scale.  But if I catch a real impressive fish, I'll bring it to the local bait shop for official weight and length.  That way there is no doubt.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.