Author Topic: Is it me... or  (Read 1795 times)

Offline nepa old man

• Team IceShanty Addict
Is it me... or
« on: Jan 25, 2005, 02:00 PM »
Am I the only one who struggles with gettiing my cover on my fish trap scout ?  Anybody else ???
Good Friends, Good Family, Good Food, Good Fishin.

Offline JigAwhopper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • addicted to ICE
Re: Is it me... or
« Reply #1 on: Jan 25, 2005, 02:13 PM »
yeah,,,,I'm afraid it's YOU   :P ;D!

Offline SLIPPERYFISH

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Got to get on the ice
« Reply #2 on: Jan 25, 2005, 02:32 PM »
Am I the only one who struggles with gettiing my cover on my fish trap scout ?  Anybody else ???

I just bought the cover for mine... I am on you side about the tightness of that cover.... I dont know if they made a few of them wrong by accident or what, but mine is a royal pain to get it on there... the last corner is the worst too.  Ive tried starting at the front, starting at the back and each side too and all combinations are equally difficult.  I will say that if that trap is in the back of the truck doing 65 mph on the highway, you are not going to loose anything with that cover in place!!

Offline nepa old man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 25, 2005, 02:42 PM »

I just bought the cover for mine... I am on you side about the tightness of that cover.... I dont know if they made a few of them wrong by accident or what, but mine is a royal pain to get it on there... the last corner is the worst too.  Ive tried starting at the front, starting at the back and each side too and all combinations are equally difficult.  I will say that if that trap is in the back of the truck doing 65 mph on the highway, you are not going to loose anything with that cover in place!!

I'am glad t's not just me, I'am no dummy & tried every way to. I had mine for 2 yrs. now and one corner has
a small pin hole in it already, at 40 bucks a clip not to cheap, when I get time I'am gonna call clam & see if any other complaints. Guess your a lucky one Jig-a-Whopper.   

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2005, 03:14 PM »
I struggle with making a bed with fitted sheets so the first time I tried getting the Trap Guide cover on was when I bought a cap for the truck ;D
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline nepa old man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2005, 03:32 PM »
I struggle with making a bed with fitted sheets so the first time I tried getting the Trap Guide cover on was when I bought a cap for the truck ;D

My buddy is using my cap on a trip, otherwise I'd just throw it in without the cover. had to mess with puttin on the cover in -20 wind chills. After 10 hrs on the ice thats the last thing I wanted to flock with.   >:(

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2005, 03:43 PM »
Yea, Mine gets covered during the Off season only and would never attempt it in sub zero. Like the old taneau covers we had on pick ups with the snaps. No way Hose a.
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline panfishpmp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 25, 2005, 03:58 PM »
slip it over the back first then pull up front sould work fine. I ahve mine packed to the top and it streches the fabric but still straps on easy.
Kevin Kiffmeyer

Offline Icefish4Life

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 25, 2005, 06:52 PM »

I've encountered the same problem; it was very difficult to get my scout's cover on.   I ended up taking it back to the store where I purchased it at. The store staff had as much difficulty getting it on as I did!

Offline seaweed01

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 25, 2005, 06:59 PM »
I have a trap guide and have no problem at all puting the coner
on it.

Offline SLIPPERYFISH

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Got to get on the ice
« Reply #10 on: Jan 25, 2005, 07:30 PM »
I have a trap guide and have no problem at all puting the coner
on it.

I have 2 friends that own Pros... they dont have this problem either... I think the manufacturer "loosened" the tolerences after this blunder.  Otherwise, I love this hut!

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #11 on: Jan 25, 2005, 08:35 PM »
the cover for my pro is tight and difficult to get on by myself, but i'd rather have it that way, then having my trap fill up with snow while hauling down the lake with the quad

Offline nepa old man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 26, 2005, 08:11 AM »
Thanks guys, now I know its not just me.      ;D ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.