Author Topic: Giant lake trout  (Read 1138 times)

Offline Backwater_

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dedicated to Fishing
Giant lake trout
« on: Jan 24, 2005, 12:07 PM »
Now that I have everyones attention....I have a question.
Earlier this month, or even late last month, I noticed a picture of a giant lake trout that was caught and released somewhere.  The fisherman who caught the fish described that he pulled several large fish from it's stomach when he caught.  The picture showed him with the fish with blood all over the ice....and this became the topic of some controversy towards removing the fish from the lake trouts stomach.  Has anyone seen this picture, and if so, where can I find it again.  Thanks for your help.

Offline kingfshr16

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Giant lake trout
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2005, 12:24 PM »
 I believe it was caught in manitoba, check down in their forum and see if you can find it
Jason

Offline Backwater_

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dedicated to Fishing
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2005, 12:39 PM »
There is one big one on the manitoba board, but it is not the one I was refering to.  The one I was referring to had two or three large cusk removed from its mouth, not lake trout, and I think it may have been caught in the U.S. ? Thanks anyway. :)

trapperdirk

« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2005, 12:48 PM »
It definately was caught in Manitoba last winter and was if I remember right 41 inches long and I was part of the controversy that happened after . :-\ I hope the controversy isn't going to start up again as the thread got locked because it got out of hand . :-\ It was caught by a lad by the name of Master Angler and a beauty it was . ;) Atleast 35 pounds I figger . ;D

TD

Offline reubenpa

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2005, 01:37 PM »

grumpymoe

« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2005, 09:46 AM »
I would suggest that anyone reading this post of an awesome laker, reread!!! at no time did the angler suggest that 3 burbot were removed from the stomach....he simply stated "what a pig".....it had 3 burbot in its "mouth"...and thats when some started speculating that they were pulled....Grump

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.