Author Topic: any plans for sleigh  (Read 787 times)

Offline littlesturgeonguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
any plans for sleigh
« on: Jan 23, 2005, 06:40 PM »
looking for plans for a sleigh for ice fishing something big enough to carry power auger and a couple five gallon buckets and maybe some other gear. need something that pulls nice behind the snowmobile

P Gottshall

Re: any plans for sleigh
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2005, 09:06 PM »
Sturgeon,

Checkout http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=17919.msg150078#msg150078.  Several sled ideas have been posted there.

Paul

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: any plans for sleigh
« Reply #2 on: Jan 23, 2005, 10:28 PM »
I guess I would have to say I love my Trap Guide model and it will do exactly what you asked for and alot more. I can pull mine behind the ATV or Snowmobile and all I did was add a set of old snow skis under it.
I have seen alot of home made contraptions out there and pound for pound and all the efforts put in them I think it would ultimately be cheeper to spend the $300 or so and have the sled as well as a pop up shelter.
I could certainly build it better myself but then it would weigh twice as much and be more then I can handle by myself. The trap is easy to load and unload from the truck and fits all my gear, sets up in a minute and pulls twice as easy with the skis on the bottom. This is my third season with it and many more are still forseeable.
I will deffinately replace it with another just like it if ever I have to.
Easily one of the best investments I have ever made for hard water fishing.
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.