Author Topic: Tip up Noise Maker  (Read 10606 times)

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Tip up Noise Maker
« Reply #30 on: Jan 10, 2017, 07:20 PM »
I don't think you can change the delay, but I haven't noticed any either.  These alarms do charm for like 15 seconds though and then turn off.  I actually like that feature because I'm usually very close to the main receiver AND I don't need the keep hearing the alarm should I lose the shut off fob.....luckily you get 2 shut off fobs with these units just in case you lose one.

You can set the alarm to silent, so it just makes a short doorbell tone on the base unit..

<°)))>{

Offline Coach 54

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Feb 03, 2017, 12:16 PM »
These alarms all sound great, but I guess I'm a little more low tech. I attach small bell purchased from the hobby shop to the flag of my tip up. Sometimes its just too windy to hear them trip but I can't count the amount of times I've been in the shelter and heard it go off. Simple but effective.

Offline Doug SD

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Mar 11, 2018, 07:04 PM »
I tried these alarms out on the ice last weekend, but unfortunately the signal didn't seem to broadcast very far.....like 100 feet max.  I kept the main receiver in my portable shanty which has insulated fabric, but I may need to play around with where it may work better.   Holding the receiver in the window seemed to help, but I would hope these alarms don't require that to work.       

I guess I was a little disappointed that I had 2 flags pop up without the alarm going off.  Are there any suggestions on how to use these alarms?       

Thx

Is anyone still using the harbor freight alarms?  I have been trying them this winter and have not had much luck with the main receiver lighting up (I cut the sound wire).  I set my tip ups not more than 25 feet from my portable and only had it light up one time yesterday.  I have tested inside my house and can get all too work.  I plan on testing inside the portable in my garage this week.  Just wondering if they are working for someone or if you all just scrapped them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.