New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Trolls have ruined this board.Thoughts?  (Read 5968 times)

Offline sbuffaloice

• Team IceShanty Addict
Trolls have ruined this board.Thoughts?
« on: Dec 18, 2022, 08:31 AM »
Much like last year, keyboard cowboys are flooding this board with asinine threads specifically crafted to incite a reaction.  Moderators have a thankless job cleaning this up, but honestly its happening again with no repercussions for these asshats.
I declined to renew my Miltia for this very reason, and find myself on here less and less. Sad, really. This page used to be a great resource.

See ya on the ice.
Real good Steve, we were biting this morning..we were biting this morning...

Offline hangemhigh

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Trolls have ruined this board.Thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2022, 08:47 AM »
IMO the original "thoughts" poster seems to come on here specifically for that purpose ....with particular targets in mind hoping to get them to respond and get them banned.  I suspect based on some of the responses to people that he/she actually has a couple of different user names as well .....the verbiage and responses are just too similar, and it can't be a coincidence.  I didn't remember him from last year until a week or so ago.   Now that I know who he is I'll ignore him from now on ....some people enjoy giving it back to him/her though - can't blame them for that either.  If he/she goes away a lot of the problems go away IMO.

Offline sbuffaloice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2022, 02:14 PM »
IMO the original "thoughts" poster seems to come on here specifically for that purpose ....with particular targets in mind hoping to get them to respond and get them banned.  I suspect based on some of the responses to people that he/she actually has a couple of different user names as well .....the verbiage and responses are just too similar, and it can't be a coincidence.  I didn't remember him from last year until a week or so ago.   Now that I know who he is I'll ignore him from now on ....some people enjoy giving it back to him/her though - can't blame them for that either.  If he/she goes away a lot of the problems go away IMO.

I agree with everything in this post. And ive stated the multiple accounts thing before as well. Will the mods do anything this year?

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2022, 03:49 PM »
now   i have to admit i like to stir the pot a little ......  and  i  get someone to  go off  and  say  i'm a  old fart i  don't know  how to  fish i sell  fish  and  cause  trouble ....... pretty much true ........  but i  don't bait  guys to  get them  banned  or  put in time out  or  to make this  web  site  look  bad.......dacker and  Rg can't do it all.... so that means we have to put on our big boy pants and  just ignore  some  comments  and  some people ......  come in have  fun  share  info  pictures   and  tell stories and if ya wanna  joke around   then lets  do it  but baiting  people  to  cause harm is  wrong my suggestion ignore and  give  dacker time to  work on it.......i'll even behave  to give him some  extra  time   .... i still think it's illegal to  fill empty propane  bottles  ;D

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2022, 04:06 PM »
My thoughts...as an outsider? The NY board has 380,000+ posts. Next is Maine at 300,000 posts on their board. That's a LOT of posts! Every other state has less than half of that. So chances are pretty good that there will be a plethora of "not so favorable" comments. Trolls included.  Good luck with the vetting.  ;)
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 18, 2022, 04:12 PM »
I’m still going to fill empty propane bottles Trap!!😜
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Dec 18, 2022, 04:14 PM »
well ....as long as  you have a  note  i guess it's ok

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Dec 18, 2022, 04:28 PM »
now   i have to admit i like to stir the pot a little ......  and  i  get someone to  go off  and  say  i'm a  old fart i  don't know  how to  fish i sell  fish  and  cause  trouble ....... pretty much true ........  but i  don't bait  guys to  get them  banned  or  put in time out  or  to make this  web  site  look  bad.......dacker and  Rg can't do it all.... so that means we have to put on our big boy pants and  just ignore  some  comments  and  some people ......  come in have  fun  share  info  pictures   and  tell stories and if ya wanna  joke around   then lets  do it  but baiting  people  to  cause harm is  wrong my suggestion ignore and  give  dacker time to  work on it.......i'll even behave  to give him some  extra  time   .... i still think it's illegal to  fill empty propane  bottles  ;D

You old fart, fish selling ,trouble maker.  Don’t get me involved.  I do what I can..   Thats why the perch eyes is locked..    ✌️✌️✌️😎😎
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Dec 18, 2022, 04:35 PM »
  You old fart, fish selling ,trouble maker.  Don’t get me involved.  I do what I can..   Thats why the perch eyes is locked..    ✌️✌️✌️😎😎

wasn't  my  fault  i was  busy  seeling  endangered   snail  darters  :roflmao:  but i  did post a  useful video on  how  to pop a eye out

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #9 on: Dec 18, 2022, 04:36 PM »

Trap you old fish selling trouble making fart. I don’t believe you gonna behave. Lol imho

As for the clowns baiting people that’s wrong and it’s a select few with, like others have said multiple names that do it and some are not from ny.
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline sbuffaloice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 18, 2022, 04:37 PM »

Trap you are the OG Shanty troll, and we wouldnt have you any other way. 😂
Your posts are never malicious in nature and you are always willing to give good advise.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11 on: Dec 18, 2022, 04:48 PM »
Trap you are the OG Shanty troll, and we wouldnt have you any other way. 😂
Your posts are never malicious in nature and you are always willing to give good advise.

Yeah and he’s probably the number one member who’s has been sent to sit in the corner looking at the wall for a week without actually being banned…🤣🤣🤣
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline sbuffaloice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Dec 18, 2022, 04:51 PM »
  Yeah and he’s probably the number one member who’s has been sent to sit in the corner looking at the wall for a week without actually being banned…🤣🤣🤣

😬🤣🤣😅☠️☠️☠️

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13 on: Dec 18, 2022, 04:51 PM »

two weeks   :(

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #14 on: Dec 18, 2022, 05:06 PM »

fish with trapp sometime its as trip ask KP

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15 on: Dec 18, 2022, 05:14 PM »
seriously the  best one  i'm  fishing  chapman  park fall  walleye  night bite  no one  getting  anythink   freddie  is  giving me  what sounds  like crazy  instructions i  do them and i limit out  =))   and that is  a true  story  ....freddie  out fished  everyone there and  he was  home  :roflmao:

Offline hangemhigh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 18, 2022, 05:15 PM »
hahaha - I come here for the info but for the posts that make me laugh too .... and there is usually plenty of those ....

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Dec 18, 2022, 06:26 PM »
fish with trapp sometime its as trip ask KP
He is a fun guy to hang with. No one can cast bobbers in trees, on purpose, like us. 😁 The man might get people on edge at times. But, since I’ve known him, he doesn’t have a mean bone in his body. People need to understand his way of having fun…then he wouldn’t have the moderators putting him in timeout.😂

His life stories, intelligence of the outdoors, friendship and humor are bar none!!😎

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Dec 18, 2022, 06:29 PM »
seriously the  best one  i'm  fishing  chapman  park fall  walleye  night bite  no one  getting  anythink   freddie  is  giving me  what sounds  like crazy  instructions i  do them and i limit out  =))   and that is  a true  story  ....freddie  out fished  everyone there and  he was  home  :roflmao:
true story! I’ve been on the ice looking at a blank graph for a couple of hours. Freddie calls and the screen lights up with fish. 🎣🕳️

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19 on: Dec 18, 2022, 06:52 PM »
rusty you being new i'm not sure you know you can private  message  another member  here you  don't have to be afraid to  give your friend  your  pone number.....click on their name  and  you will see   send  member a  message ..... it's  safe  and private  ....

Offline Conklin

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Navy Vet
« Reply #20 on: Dec 18, 2022, 08:36 PM »
Much like last year, keyboard cowboys are flooding this board with asinine threads specifically crafted to incite a reaction.  Moderators have a thankless job cleaning this up, but honestly its happening again with no repercussions for these asshats.
I declined to renew my Miltia for this very reason, and find myself on here less and less. Sad, really. This page used to be a great resource.

See ya on the ice.
Finally a guy with some nuts to speak up! I was a militia member for years and had enough of the nonsense and paying for nothing. It is sad because it was a good thing for many of us. Now it’s just the good ole boys club of 7 dudes and zero info behind shared amongst guys with a common interest. It’s more the keyboard cowboys calling everyone out who stir the pot. Let um go and they’ll go eventually.
If you can't stand the heat, get your bass out of the kitchen.

Offline Hugh-Boone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Dec 18, 2022, 10:30 PM »
I'm not sure what it was like on this forum more than a few years ago. I really only spend time on the NY threads and I have found it to be helpful. I have seen a few people start some trouble, but what ever, I've seen threads locked. Paying for extras on forums doesn't pay for mods on any site I am aware of, what it does is pay for the cost of running a website. having a forum that allows posting of pictures and serving them is actually quite expensive. Lurkers will always exist, people will come to feed off info and provide none. I have a few posts and almost all are for providing specific information. I didn't even know about the Militia until I saw this post and I had to look for it. I can say from being online way to much, never feed trolls! If you suspect some one, don't engage, they feed off contrarian responses. The mods do pic them up from what I have seen, though like the govt' says "see something, say something". I would say if you think there is a troll alert mods to it, just because they don't immediately do something isn't a bad thing. I can say that if you think this board is bad... there are far far worse places out there. If yahoo answers is still a thing take a look at that with a "look and don't engage" strategy.   

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Dec 19, 2022, 05:13 AM »
I’m still going to fill empty propane bottles Trap!!😜

Me too!!!  ;D

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23 on: Dec 19, 2022, 05:26 AM »
you better  not  reeleyz  cause i'll turn you and that KP  charictor  in to the  propane  police  !!!!!  AND I MEAN IT MISTER!!!

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Dec 19, 2022, 09:51 AM »
for the record :  thankyou trap for that video on popping perch eyes  I've always gouged them out with some type of tool or a hook   Handy info

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Dec 19, 2022, 01:18 PM »
Me too!!!  ;D
I just filled the 100# cylinder bud. C’mon over, we’ll fill 1# bottles and joke about how much Trapper would be upset if he saw us do it!!😂😂😂

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #26 on: Dec 19, 2022, 03:49 PM »
You boys need some ice.
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Dec 19, 2022, 03:55 PM »

Offline wallydiven

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Dec 19, 2022, 04:42 PM »
two weeks   :(
I've been banned from the bedroom longer than that 🤣

Offline Iceman1899

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Dec 19, 2022, 06:29 PM »
I've been banned from the bedroom longer than that 🤣
lmao! Yup some trolls on iceshanty I can handle. When I tell my wife I’m going icefishing from dawn to dusk and she gives me the look is another story

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.