Author Topic: Do used ice rods sell good?  (Read 644 times)

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
Do used ice rods sell good?
« on: Dec 12, 2018, 04:19 PM »
Can I sell rods fairly easy or are they hard to sell? I only want to sell local on facebook? I have not sold too much stuff just thought I would ask. They are combos maybe 50 bucks new is 25 ok to ask? My intent is not to sell on here at all just wondering if people buy that kind of stuff. They are in good shape but just too long for how I fish.

Offline NateD

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Do used ice rods sell good?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2018, 04:23 PM »
I think it would depend what you have, higher end stuff is usually easier to sell because people are always looking for deals but you never know, post it and see.  You can still sell local on here too.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2018, 04:30 PM »
IMHO...I never understand the sale of used goods or rather how expensive others are selling their used goods.

As it seems it's a seller's market, since there's generally someone who's willing to buy it for slightly less than retail price.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline Dave R

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2018, 06:14 PM »
I guess it would depend on brand and how old. And, how anxious you are about wanting to sell it.

Half of what you paid is a good place to start. I would post it on a local FB buy, sell and trade page. Might have someone looking to get started but limited resources.

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2018, 06:20 PM »
Ask a little more then you want for them, you can always come down in price , ( pretty hard to go up) . If they sell at the higher price, great, if not the buyer thinks he is getting a deal when you drop your price , but you are getting what you originally wanted.

Offline Raptortrapper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2018, 06:22 PM »
Like was stated-- depends what it is, and if someone is looking for it.  I'm a perfect example!! I found a first generation Fenwick Elite Tech Ice rod on eBay.  It was a "dealer demo" and he wanted the full $30 new price for it.  I GLADLY paid the $30 for that rod! Been looking a long time for it, and finally got the chance to get it.  I jumped on it! 

Ya just never know what people will buy, or what they will pay for it.  I always list stuff high, as you can always come down on it, or negotiate.
The next time you think you know it all, try telling someone else's dog what to do.

Offline quackpot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 13, 2018, 06:04 PM »
Wow people sell them I've only bought. If they are cheaper ones why not donate to a beginner. Last year I gave two hub stanys, a lantern, a few hand augers and a spud bar. It was the best feeling knowing I helped new people out.

Offline Raptortrapper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 13, 2018, 06:07 PM »
Wow people sell them I've only bought. If they are cheaper ones why not donate to a beginner. Last year I gave two hub stanys, a lantern, a few hand augers and a spud bar. It was the best feeling knowing I helped new people out.

WELL DONE!!!!
The next time you think you know it all, try telling someone else's dog what to do.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #8 on: Dec 13, 2018, 06:24 PM »
This isn't anything new . People buy and sell things...new and used ... everyday. Why would a used fishing rod be any different...or
am I missing something here,  :-\
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 13, 2018, 06:41 PM »
I sold 2 rods sold in 10 minutes WOW, now I bought a Series one and a Snitch rod

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.