Author Topic: Berkley Series One noodle rods  (Read 696 times)

Offline KinnickResident

• Team IceShanty Regular
Berkley Series One noodle rods
« on: Dec 12, 2018, 03:37 PM »
Was in a local store last night looking through ice gear, and I came across the Berkley Series One noodle.

Do any of you have any experience with them? Here's why I ask...

I have a TUCR Bullwhip and Precision Noodle in the same length as the Berkley rod I was looking at, and I've used both enough to get very familiar with them. Checking out the backbone, tip, balance...I have to say that this thing is almost indistinguishable from the TUCR. They do have nicer guides, but not near enough to justify $120 vs $25. I'm no penny pincher when it comes to quality and I have several higher end St. Croix rods for open water, but I'm seriously struggling to justify keeping the TUCRs in my bag after toying with the Berkleys...especially since it's a noodle rod and the Berkleys have a reel seat. I do 90% of my ice fishing within 20 minutes of the Berkley HQ, so if I ever broke one it'd be a quick swap at the outlet store.

Unless someone here has some glaring reason (performance-based) that the Berkleys suck, I'm going to be having two TUCR rods for sale on Facebook for $90 each and put some cash in my pocket.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
Re: Berkley Series One noodle rods
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2018, 05:08 PM »
Not that I own one...but they do appear well made.

I still remember the cherrywood and lighting sticks.  Series one is above those in regards.

Like I say...buy it and tell us about it.  ;)
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline KinnickResident

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2018, 11:38 AM »
Not that I own one...but they do appear well made.

I still remember the cherrywood and lighting sticks.  Series one is above those in regards.

Like I say...buy it and tell us about it.  ;)
Bought one last night and I'll be using it this weekend.

Offline fishnhawk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2018, 11:49 AM »
Where can you find one of these Berkley Noodle rods? I looked on Amazon and did a Google search but must be putting in the wrong info.
[img]http://www.iowaoutdoors.org/albums/oldbear/team_iowa_logo5.thumb[im_]

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 13, 2018, 12:03 PM »
the berkley series one and the genz power noodle from clam are both really well made noodle rods.  like you its almost indistinguishable.  i used the genz noodle all last year along side my 2 customs and was very happy. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.