Author Topic: Vados Bait  (Read 8987 times)

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
Re: Vados Bait
« Reply #30 on: Sep 01, 2014, 08:50 AM »
i have been using crittergrub for a few years now. last year when my order arrived about half were dead due to the bad weather and delays in the shipping. i called them and they replaced the order in full! the bait has always been very good from them and the prices are low. look them up, you will not be disappointed.
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Oct 03, 2014, 11:40 AM »
i don't buy from Vados since i had an entire order of 1,000 spikes die only a couple days after arrival (proper refrigeration, storage etc.) and they wouldn't replace it.

i usually order from Knutsons, but you should be aware that they don't charge your card until the order ships. for someone like me who doesn't have much disposable income, i need to know exactly how much money is on my card. when i don't get charged for possibly up to a week, that becomes a problem.

a bunch of the cheaper places don't offer the variety of colors too, so watch out for that.

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Jan 09, 2015, 02:45 AM »

i usually order from Knutsons, but you should be aware that they don't charge your card until the order ships. for someone like me who doesn't have much disposable income, i need to know exactly how much money is on my card. when i don't get charged for possibly up to a week, that becomes a problem.

That is a big first for me.. I usually see posts on forums about folks complaining that their card gets charged way before the order ships...

Seems like waiting to take your money till they are good for delivering is the preferred, and most honest approach IMO....

Knutsons is pretty local to me and I'm there at least a few times a winter.. They have the best selection of EVERYTHING that is ice fishing.. Usually if they don't have it, nobody does...

<*)))>{

Offline frogmaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Nov 08, 2015, 06:05 PM »
BUMP:
I sure Hope KNUTSON, JADA & VAODS and all other Seller read this:  LISTEN  All we want is to know the price of the product plus shipping Fees UP FRONT and ACCURATE.  We all know they have a profit Margin (got it) but do not hit us with profit margin then see what you can over-charge us for so called S&H Fees too!   The First HONEST SELLER can put all others out of business if they are HONEST!!!

What I am seeing is they will quote you CoXXX shipping fee then they say in small print they can also use USPS.  You pay the CoXXX costs with your CC then it arrives in your mailbox via USPS that is $10.00 less which they keep as profit :(.
Fish FEAR ME ;)

Offline redneckdan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Nov 08, 2015, 06:48 PM »
My first order last year from Vados was 1000 mixed color spikes. I recall it was right around $19 delivered. They arrived in good condition and seemed to last a long time.  My second order was for 5000. Again arrived okay but didn't seem to last as long. Might have been partially to do with how I stored them.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #35 on: Nov 08, 2015, 06:50 PM »
BUMP:
I sure Hope KNUTSON, JADA & VAODS and all other Seller read this:  LISTEN  All we want is to know the price of the product plus shipping Fees UP FRONT and ACCURATE.  We all know they have a profit Margin (got it) but do not hit us with profit margin then see what you can over-charge us for so called S&H Fees too!   The First HONEST SELLER can put all others out of business if they are HONEST!!!

What I am seeing is they will quote you CoXXX shipping fee then they say in small print they can also use USPS.  You pay the CoXXX costs with your CC then it arrives in your mailbox via USPS that is $10.00 less which they keep as profit :(.

Why not just call in get everything figured out, then pay for it if your that worried.

Offline JonPerry

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Nov 19, 2015, 08:12 PM »
Vados treated me right last year. I don't have a problem with them, the next time I'll be requesting UPS instead of Speedee. The UPS guy always carries biscuits. I don't mind calling for a shipping cost confirmation if it's not on a website. ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.