Author Topic: Cascade 2018  (Read 14255 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: Cascade 2018
« Reply #30 on: Dec 17, 2017, 10:58 AM »
As I figured reports are starting to come in which is great.  You get it warmed up for us PF, we'll be pulling into there the morning of the 12th. Are you fishing the morning of the 12th before you head back this way?
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline PACKFAN-UT

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Retired AF,Nam Vet, VFW life member, Wis. Native
« Reply #31 on: Dec 17, 2017, 02:42 PM »
Dubob told me that you guys along with some other people from Utah are headed up that weekend, now that I'm retired I prefer to fish the week days, I will be headed back home that morning, you guys have a great trip. 

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #32 on: Dec 18, 2017, 07:56 AM »
Booked my room this morning for January 8 - 13.  Life is good.   ;D
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline PACKFAN-UT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Dec 18, 2017, 10:22 PM »
We are pulling out at 0600 that morning if you want to run up with us, not sure if I'll be taking our Kawasaki UTV up or the Polaris 550 widetrak yet, the TerriX is a little heavy so I would need some pretty good ice before I dare venture out with it. 

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #34 on: Dec 19, 2017, 07:38 AM »
Booked my room this morning for January 8 - 13.  Life is good.   ;D

Maybe we'll get a day on the ice with you Bob if your staying till the 13th. We should arrive bright and early on the 12th, drop our gear at the house and head out fishing
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Dec 19, 2017, 09:40 AM »
I should arrive by noon on the 12th myself. I'm going to start the journey on the 11th to break it up a bit. 10hrs total for me.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #36 on: Dec 21, 2017, 02:22 PM »
http://tamarackidaho.com/webcams

Click the link to see the lake. Pretty sure this is right above where our house is at. You can see the little island on the shore right out from our house. Cool veiw of the lake. I'm guessing sled are going to be good to go by the looks of all that snow
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #37 on: Dec 22, 2017, 07:46 AM »
Seen this over on bft, credit to K2muskie for posting it up. This is a good read about the fish populations in cascade. Looks like 12in perch are on the menu

https://idfg.idaho.gov/press/2017-survey-shows-perch-populations-remain-strong-lake-cascade
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Ranger619

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Dec 22, 2017, 09:07 AM »
Sure wish I lived a little closer !! 2 day drive for me  :-[ :-[
Fish as much as you can we're not here forever!

Otter Cottage Pro X Over
Marcum LX9 LX7 LX3
Thorne Bros,G Austin & TUCR Rods
Striker Lite Flite Milwaukee Fuel M18

Suzuki 750 King Quad W/Otter Monster Box

Offline PACKFAN-UT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Dec 22, 2017, 11:04 AM »
Looking at the weather forecast for the next 10 days looks like the lake will have plenty of snow by the time I head up on the 8th, guess I will be bringing the sled instead of the UTV.  :)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #40 on: Dec 22, 2017, 11:31 AM »
Did you look at the cam link i posted above^^^^^^. looks to be plenty of snow up there now. The fog is just lifting off the lake now
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline PACKFAN-UT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Dec 22, 2017, 04:27 PM »
Yes I did but they are calling for a lot of snow days in the next ten days. A lot of snow usually gets the slush monster going. Hopefully the weather reports I'm getting off the cell phone are wrong.

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Dec 27, 2017, 10:52 AM »
I just placed an order from Rapala.com for another $100 worth of tackle for this trip and an order from Okuma for another couple reels for this trip. All that I have left is to buy my sticker for my sled and some wax worms and spikes on the way up and I'll be good to go. I can't wait to see one of those monsters come through my hole!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #43 on: Dec 27, 2017, 11:04 AM »
That works, I recieved my order from Pete's tackle right before christmas and should be good to go myself. Good looking stuff and even giving shanty folk 10% off. The stickers can be purchased in cascade at Intermountain Power Sport Rentals. They're open 9-6 monday thru saturday and even show some times on sunday if needed
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Dec 27, 2017, 11:06 AM »
Thanks Matt! That sounds like a safer bet than ordering one online for it not to come in on time.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Jan 01, 2018, 01:39 PM »
Hopefully things will lock up with some colder temperatures. Looks likely that we will have enough snow for sleds, just hope the slush mess will go away soon. I fired up my snowmobile and have been riding around town without any problems so far. Looking forward to a great trip! My goal is to catch a two pounder and put it on the wall. Probably ought to make that two fish at two pounds. ;D  anybody else getting ready yet? See y'all very soon!

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #46 on: Jan 01, 2018, 03:04 PM »
Joe, I'll be up there 8 - 13 Jan.  See you then?  Stop by Granny's and tell Don that Bob & Linda said 'Hi.'   ;D
Bob Hicks, from Utah
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline Hutbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Jan 01, 2018, 05:20 PM »
Holy cow Joe I've been getting ready / to excited to sleep for a month!! I'm going to bring 2 pair of boots but I'm hoping the slush locks up also. I wonder if tackle Tom's sales some of tackle Pete's hardware? I'd like to support the local guy while in his area
I hope i'm half as good as my Dogs think i am ;-)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #48 on: Jan 03, 2018, 11:36 AM »
For those staying at the house check your emails, just sent out an update  @)
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #49 on: Jan 03, 2018, 12:20 PM »
Matt will you add me to the email chain even though I am not going to be staying with you guys I would like to stay up to date on what your plans are since I will be there at the same time. I'm sure I'll text you while we are on the water if not fishing together.

On a related note the new stuff from Okuma for this trip will be hear today and my Rapala stuff I ordered for this trip should be here early next week.

I can't wait!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #50 on: Jan 03, 2018, 12:22 PM »
Yes I will as soon as I get back to my computer
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #51 on: Jan 04, 2018, 11:34 PM »
Sounds like it's a frozen mess up there. Might want to have the Scratchers in good working order if it don't get some snow out of the next 2 storms that go thru before we head up or take a wheeler if it don't soften up to much. More to come for sure with everyone that's headed up there next week
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline massNtrash

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #52 on: Jan 05, 2018, 07:15 AM »
I'll take running the scratchers over a slushy mess any day!

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Jan 06, 2018, 12:15 AM »
My gear is packed and ready to roll boys. Brought at least two of everything in case Murphy decides to show up. My snowmobile decided to have problems, so we had to have a little talk. After replacing some fuel lines in very hard to reach places, I think she is ready. I am no mechanic, but even the losers get lucky sometimes. I am feeling a little sadness because my trusty old Otter Resort has found a new home and I won't be able to camp in it again. Never thought I would have feelings like that for a tent. Must be all the miles and the memories we shared. She is going to a good home and I am sure that the new owner will enjoy many years of good service from her.
 Anyhow, I am heading to Uncle Dan's place in Idaho falls on Sunday and by Monday afternoon, I should be on the lake chasing tail. Between all of the videos, reading, studying maps and communicating with many fishermen for the last two years, the dream is about to become a reality. May you all be safe in your travels and I thank you in advance for letting me roll with you guys. Truly a blessing to me.
For those about to rock, I salute you.

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #54 on: Jan 06, 2018, 08:04 AM »
Still fighting this damned cold & cough and hoping I'm good to go by Monday AM.  Safe travels to all y'all on your trip to perch nirvana.  I hope to be joining you on the ice on Tuesday.
Bob Hicks, from Utah

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #55 on: Jan 06, 2018, 10:49 AM »
Well the reports from yesterday don't sound good at all. It's looking like 4in of water on the ice from what's being said. That's not good. I'm sure it will refreezz this week, hopefully. That doesn't do you guys much good though Joe & Bob
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline PACKFAN-UT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Jan 06, 2018, 12:32 PM »
looks like the weather is going to stay warm all week with snow and rain predicted on and off, may end up cancelling and go goose hunting instead. :%$#!:

Offline k2muskie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Jan 06, 2018, 02:32 PM »
Folks fishing Cascade today called me ice north is holding 7-9” however ice heaves forming in areas and some ice heaves have open water.  ATVs don’t try to cross any ice heave even no water showing is what I was told.  Ice heaves are 100 of yards long.  Also shorelines are getting soft ATVs could have problems getting on and especially getting off.

Ice South is very iffy an ATV went through trying to get on via sugarloaf Ramp.  Reports ice South is 4-5” and really unknown for the entire area south of island.  Be very careful if headed up there

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #58 on: Jan 06, 2018, 02:52 PM »
Thanks for the Intel Kim, just got off the phone with Bob and sounded exactly the same. We're still proceeding as planned as for going, but mode of transportation will be decided on a last minute basis. Might be just walking out. Most of us have Scratchers for the sleds so little snow won't be to much of an issue on the ice. We have wheelers to but know all to well how the edges are and ridges/cracks on the ice. Hopefully the temps drop enough at night and daytime temps don't get to high above freezing to keep stuff firm
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Jan 06, 2018, 03:28 PM »
Thanks again for the report K2!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.