New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Northern NY Thread!  (Read 373378 times)

Offline Adkrs

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Northern NY Thread!
« Reply #2610 on: Feb 07, 2017, 09:18 PM »
We've had a few people go through the ice the last few days in the tupper lake area. All on machines. Be careful people. 2 are dead.
Beer will get you through times of no ice better than ice will get you through times of no beer...

Offline eyehi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2611 on: Feb 08, 2017, 07:30 AM »
Been another mild winter for sure.....we are fortunate to have fishable ice here as many places dont..... It is crazy to think in early febuary i have not had my wheeler on the ice yet....
Budweiser pro staff

Offline Kobey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2612 on: Feb 08, 2017, 07:40 AM »
I know what you mean.  I was going to take mine out this weekend, but with the way the weather is, the pull shouldn't be too hard so I'm probably not going to go through the trouble of trailering mine.

I can't remember a year when I was so uneasy about the ice.  I've always been the type that if there's very good ice I go, and if it's iffy at all I stay home.  But this year even on lakes with 10" or more I'm worried I might hit a thin spot.  At least it finally made me buy some safety equipment.  Now I have a Striker jacket, spud, and a rope with a flotation cushion on the end.

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2613 on: Feb 09, 2017, 01:42 PM »
What a tough year it's been for me. They have been handing me my a$$ most of the season. I seem to Be in that February lull, time to make some adjustments.

Anyone else having a noticeably tough year?

Offline blackmer826

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2614 on: Feb 13, 2017, 05:46 AM »
Anyone have a report on Robinson bay?

Offline iceFisherJoe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2615 on: Feb 13, 2017, 08:51 AM »
I miss black lake never get a chance to go.. :(

Offline TAP66

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2616 on: Feb 13, 2017, 09:08 PM »
Heading north this weekend. Hoping to fish black at least once.
I don't mind if you sit next to me as long as you are a fisherman who cares about the resource.

Offline Hank77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2617 on: Feb 14, 2017, 10:32 AM »
Anyone headed to lake Bonaparte in harrisville this weekend?? Derby starts at 7am held by the harrisville fire department.  Hourly prizes for pike. And also lake trout division but not hourly. I fished it last Saturday ice conditions are good. Solid 8-10" of ice w few inches of snow. We did receive more snow Sunday and Monday so snowmobile will be the best option. No slush yet see you all on Saturday the 18th.

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
« Reply #2618 on: Feb 14, 2017, 07:41 PM »
Anyone headed to lake Bonaparte in harrisville this weekend?? Derby starts at 7am held by the harrisville fire department.  Hourly prizes for pike. And also lake trout division but not hourly. I fished it last Saturday ice conditions are good. Solid 8-10" of ice w few inches of snow. We did receive more snow Sunday and Monday so snowmobile will be the best option. No slush yet see you all on Saturday the 18th.

Was told over foot of snow and 3" of slush in sand Bay today
Just enjoying life

Offline HybridHunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2619 on: Feb 15, 2017, 07:17 PM »
What a tough year it's been for me. They have been handing me my a$$ most of the season. I seem to Be in that February lull, time to make some adjustments.

Anyone else having a noticeably tough year?
Yes. I struck out 6 days starting out the season. Then myself and one other guy put up a 41, 40, 39, 36, 35, and 33 in 2 days during one of the first warm ups. Right after was got dumped on with snow and I have been sitting on the side lines ever since. Ice is gonna go fast this year. Some of the water around me only have 12" of ice. There should easily be double that this time of year. My mind is already back in the boat.
I am Muskies Inc.

Offline icefishinman88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2620 on: Feb 16, 2017, 04:44 PM »
anybody in the croghan area ever fish effley falls. Never fished it through the ice. Taking a beating on my other lakes. Any help would be great.

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2621 on: Feb 21, 2017, 12:23 AM »
Yes. I struck out 6 days starting out the season. Then myself and one other guy put up a 41, 40, 39, 36, 35, and 33 in 2 days during one of the first warm ups. Right after was got dumped on with snow and I have been sitting on the side lines ever since. Ice is gonna go fast this year. Some of the water around me only have 12" of ice. There should easily be double that this time of year. My mind is already back in the boat.

I'll be walleye fishing out of the Lund in 2 weeks In the Dirty O, if this weather keeps up. And I won't be the only boat lol.

Offline Kobey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2622 on: Feb 21, 2017, 10:30 AM »
Not looking good for the Lyme derby.  Do you think they will cancel it or make it ice or open water?

Offline bushyjr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flag
« Reply #2623 on: Feb 22, 2017, 04:00 PM »
Not looking good for the Lyme derby.  Do you think they will cancel it or make it ice or open water?

They canceled it
Just enjoying life

Offline wishinfishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2624 on: Feb 23, 2017, 02:21 PM »
Northern Pike Challenge is cancelled for this weekend on the St Lawrence

Offline austin hunter ice team

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2625 on: Feb 27, 2017, 04:51 PM »
does anyone know of a lake with safe ice near canton, ny............I have to go see my son this weekend and would love to get one more ice fishing day in before it's over for the year, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2626 on: Feb 27, 2017, 07:28 PM »
does anyone know of a lake with safe ice near canton, ny............I have to go see my son this weekend and would love to get one more ice fishing day in before it's over for the year, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't feel comfortable recommending anywhere for you with how bad the weather is. I am in Texas for work when I get home I will be putting the boat in the st Lawrence for walleyes.

Offline austin hunter ice team

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2627 on: Mar 01, 2017, 08:23 PM »
thank you for the advice, have a great open water season

Offline eyehi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2628 on: Mar 05, 2017, 07:24 PM »
The open water can wait .....who is still ice fishing around here  ??? Had a decent afternoon with some bluegill and perch .... 3 trucks on the ice .... Jumbo perch are starting to roam  :tipup:
Budweiser pro staff

Offline bgaffney

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2629 on: Mar 06, 2017, 03:22 AM »
edyehi you still fishing whitehouse? I would like to get out one more time this coming weekend.

Offline eyehi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2630 on: Mar 06, 2017, 11:47 AM »
I was going there this morning but decided to try another spot and did not have much luck .... There is still good ice there though .... A friend of mine lives on the bay and fishes it often...
Budweiser pro staff

Offline bgaffney

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2631 on: Mar 06, 2017, 02:53 PM »
Thanks Eyehi try and get out Saturday.

Offline eyehi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2632 on: Mar 12, 2017, 02:47 PM »
I did get out saturday.....had the river to ourselves with the below zero windchill.....kept 15 perch....they bit much better on friday before the snow ....
Budweiser pro staff

Offline bgaffney

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2633 on: Mar 14, 2017, 04:45 AM »
Eyehi,
Made it out Saturday to Brandy Brook, 6 perch and maybe 25 eyes only one keeper. Thanks for the info. Seems like the ice may last 2 more weeks. Is there a better place for perch, Coles or Wilson Hill?

Offline eyehi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2634 on: Mar 14, 2017, 12:21 PM »
All those places have perch, but they are not biting very well lately from my expirience .... Coles has much less ice than other spots and some areas were open water last week after the rain .... This snow will prolong the season for sure.....
Budweiser pro staff

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2635 on: Mar 15, 2017, 01:54 PM »
Have a little snow boys..... SMFH..

Offline eyehi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2636 on: Mar 15, 2017, 03:00 PM »
That fireball in the sky won't harm the ice for a while by the looks of things ..... So sick of shoveling snow  >:(
Budweiser pro staff

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2637 on: Mar 15, 2017, 07:35 PM »
For sure. But it's also going to pull the wool over some otherwise crap ice. Be sure you know what your walking on! Lol

Offline blackmer826

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2638 on: Mar 16, 2017, 06:28 PM »
Who has been back out?

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2639 on: Sep 08, 2017, 12:26 PM »
Starting to get chilly. Leaves are changing at a dangerous rate. :o

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor