Author Topic: Couldn't take it anymore...  (Read 2412 times)

Offline pesto666

• IceShanty Rookie
Couldn't take it anymore...
« on: Dec 11, 2007, 12:45 PM »
I had to do it. Punched out for lunch and jigged the Globe Pond next to my office in Pittsfield. I know it's nothing special, and I got allot of funny looks from the people sucking on coffin nails instead of eating lunch :cookoo:, but, OHHHHHHH, was it worth it. Nothing caught, but I got a couple of tickles. I've caught bass in the summer, so I know they're in there.

Think I'm going to set some traps out tomorrow. Fresh bass fillets of lunch sounds like a good idea to me.
If "Ignorance is bliss", and "Patience is a virtue", does that mean you can have a pretty good life if you're kinda stupid and don't mind waiting around?

Offline Pail Rider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Couldn't take it anymore...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2007, 12:54 PM »
The pond in front of Globe?  Desparation has set in  ;D  You should've taken an extended lunch and gone to Upper Suncook Lake or Crystal Lake and iced some bows  ;)

Offline pesto666

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2007, 01:56 PM »
The pond in front of Globe?  Desparation has set in  ;D  You should've taken an extended lunch and gone to Upper Suncook Lake or Crystal Lake and iced some bows  ;)

I don't mind the little pond and the little bass if it means I'm less likely to go postal by the end of the day. If I'm going to take a long lunch, it's going to be a VERY long lunch. I'll start doing that right after New Year's and hit the big lake for cusk. Right now, I'll settle for the quicky. :tipup:
If "Ignorance is bliss", and "Patience is a virtue", does that mean you can have a pretty good life if you're kinda stupid and don't mind waiting around?

Offline Pail Rider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 2007, 02:17 PM »

I don't mind the little pond and the little bass if it means I'm less likely to go postal by the end of the day.

Good point, perhaps I should try to talk my boss into putting a pond in on the front lawn  ;D  ;D

Offline newfoundpleasure

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2007, 02:21 PM »
Wow,  I guess if I get desperate and ice fish the dirty pond between Cracker Barrell and Burger King off Exit 4 in Londonderry, I won't feel so bad.
I fished it with my son out of a pedal boat years ago after hearing about the place from a friend.(fun catch and release)  The Pickerel in that place are scary BIG.  Wouldn't want to fall into that water, 1. cuz it's disgusting, and 2. cuz you wouldn't want to be a meal for all the large Pickerel in that place.
I just might try it after we get the cold spell this next weekend.  I just don't have a 10" auger bit.  LOL.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #5 on: Dec 11, 2007, 03:22 PM »
funny you talk about scary pickeral........i was talking to a home owner last winter who has a house on baboosic lake in amherst. he was hanging from a floating dock and got bit by a pickeral on his nipple. he said he had a hard time getting it off and it left a horrible purple mark. i tried not to laugh, because that seems like it would hurt like hell........personally, it sounds like a far fetched story to me, but i guess it would be possible. has anybody else heard such a thing???????????
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline fishingonly2002

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 1st in State
« Reply #6 on: Dec 11, 2007, 04:19 PM »
did he have a nipple ring? haha, but seriously in florida chicks would go swimming toppless and baracuda love them shiny nipple rings. as far as pikerel, I dont know, I have heard of pike and musky attacking peoples legs for wading around there nests. a nipple seems like a random target for a pikerel just hanging around a dock. possible though.

~Neal
Life is an art designed by those who live it.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #7 on: Dec 11, 2007, 04:38 PM »
he was an older man and the pickeral must of loved the nipple button........what a weird topic
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline Art 53

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Good things come to those who bait
« Reply #8 on: Dec 11, 2007, 05:44 PM »
Just more of a reason to keep your Pants on!!!!

Offline Riverat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Our Winter Home on the Lake.
« Reply #9 on: Dec 11, 2007, 09:21 PM »
True story, years ago I was standing with some friends talking at bow lake swimming area by the dam in the water chest high when a smallie about 8-10" long bit my left nipple almost completely off :o That hurt like hell and was very sensitive for years. Kind of embarassing but could not resist the oppertunity to share after reading post. Always vowed to catch that little bugger and not release him.

Offline Pail Rider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 12, 2007, 07:03 AM »
Maybe we can talk Berkley into making up some 'Power-nipples'...we may be on to the newest 'miracle-bait'  ;D

Offline newfoundpleasure

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 12, 2007, 07:20 AM »
Maybe we can talk Berkley into making up some 'Power-nipples'...we may be on to the newest 'miracle-bait'  ;D

:roflmao:
Now that is hilarious!
I believe these stories, cuz the smallies nip our feet and legs when we are putting in our docks in the spring.  We have to walk over their nests to do this, and they get rather angry with us.

What the fish must be saying to themselves, "Tell your nipples to stop staring at my eyes".

Oh no, it's only Dec. 12th and already cabin fever.  LOL

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #12 on: Dec 12, 2007, 11:51 AM »
atleast it wasnt a pickeral haha :P

Catch A Buzz

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.