Author Topic: Eastmans  (Read 1449 times)

Offline zwiggles

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Eastmans
« on: Dec 31, 2023, 03:44 PM »
Not ice fishing, but while we wait for the water to harden my father, buddy and I hit up Eastmans yesterday:

Hands down the best fishing I’ve ever had. Absolute bloodbath, we filled all the totes in the first hour with pollock. After my first drop I switched to a single jig and still had to stop catching fish to catch my breath (flu sucks). Everyone caught all the giant pollock they wanted in 90 minutes, then we picked through some small haddock and got a few keepers, and to top it off the last spot was a red fish bonanza. We filled a cooler with those delicious buggers.

Only down side is we are 6 hours into freezing and prepping the fish for future meals  ;)

Can’t say enough about the mates on the boat as well, they busted their jumps for us all day. We had an unbelievable time.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Eastmans
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2023, 04:27 PM »
Not ice fishing, but while we wait for the water to harden my father, buddy and I hit up Eastmans yesterday:

Hands down the best fishing I’ve ever had. Absolute bloodbath, we filled all the totes in the first hour with pollock. After my first drop I switched to a single jig and still had to stop catching fish to catch my breath (flu sucks). Everyone caught all the giant pollock they wanted in 90 minutes, then we picked through some small haddock and got a few keepers, and to top it off the last spot was a red fish bonanza. We filled a cooler with those delicious buggers.

Only down side is we are 6 hours into freezing and prepping the fish for future meals  ;)

Can’t say enough about the mates on the boat as well, they busted their jumps for us all day. We had an unbelievable time.

Very nice! Good eats ahead!

Offline Steve H.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2023, 05:57 PM »
Epic haul, Z! Congrats.

Offline Digs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 31, 2023, 10:44 PM »
Looks like a super fun day!
Every fish is a good fish!

Offline jigmaster5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 01, 2024, 06:08 AM »

You're going to be eating fish for a while!   ;D

Looks like a great day, lots of fish & nice seas...

Offline Fishin_603

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 01, 2024, 09:58 AM »
Way to go! Looks like a blast

Offline Emd16685

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 01, 2024, 05:10 PM »
I went out on an Eastmans boat earlier this year. I agree, best boat and crew around..

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Jan 02, 2024, 04:53 AM »
Nice haul Z.  Feel better.

Offline gunvault

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 02, 2024, 06:41 AM »
  Great day for you, Eastmans has been really doing good with many days of a complete slaughter, looks like you hit it right Congrats to you, Hope you feel well soon, a nice hot fish chowder should Help

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 02, 2024, 11:08 AM »
Great haul !! looks like a real fun day congrats
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 03, 2024, 07:03 AM »
Very nice I was wondering if they still went out. With this weather van they run ll winter?
Salmonemia

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 03, 2024, 07:13 AM »
Looks like an awesome time and a bunch of great food to come.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline iceman260

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 03, 2024, 08:32 AM »
Looks like a fun day.
If fishing is a sport are we considered athletes?

Offline BogMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 04, 2024, 01:23 PM »
I follow their fishing reports and am amazed at what they are still catching this late in the season. Looks like a Yankee 12 hr trip of many years ago. But it was cod we were catching. First stop we filled the cooler chest. Second stop we stacked 20+ burlap bags against the back door. Back home with over 80# of fillets.

Offline johnnh

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 05, 2024, 04:51 AM »
Those old days bring back some great memories. We started the day talking with old Bill and enjoying his stories. Phil was a young captain then and always put us on fish. We brought in some real nice cod, pollock and wolf fish (aka mother in law fish).  I was a regular for a bunch of years and we had wooden tags that Phil would tie to the rail to mark our spots if he knew we would be there. My favorite spot was the pulpit. I recall some days that got so rough we had to tie ourselves to the rail to keep from going overboard. In those conditions the jigging was easy, just hang on and let the boat do the work.
So much for some great memories and its nice to see Eastmans continues to give everyone a great time

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.