Author Topic: Shappell Bay Runner  (Read 4228 times)

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Shappell Bay Runner
« on: Nov 13, 2013, 07:25 PM »
Has anyone seen one of these set up somewhere? Looks like it would be good to move around the lake like a flip style but has a full floor like a cabin style. My buddy has a Shappell S3000 and it was great last winter but not too mobile unless the ice was glare. The pricing on them isn't bad at all either.

http://www.shappell.com/iceshelters/bayrunnersledcabin.html

"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

FISHFORPIKE

Re: Shappell Bay Runner
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2013, 07:57 PM »
I have been looking and reading about them.  Seems like a neat concept - get out on the ice, set up and able to just move around without doing anything.  Sounds cool.  I wish it were 48"X 72" instead of 60" though.  I think 5' inside will be a bit tight when it includes the seating.

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 13, 2013, 08:04 PM »
I would give Rick a call over at the Ice Hole, I think he carries Shappell.
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 13, 2013, 08:38 PM »
I have been looking and reading about them.  Seems like a neat concept - get out on the ice, set up and able to just move around without doing anything.  Sounds cool.  I wish it were 48"X 72" instead of 60" though.  I think 5' inside will be a bit tight when includes the seating.

That's what I was thinking... 44"x60" might be a bit tight. That's why I'd like to sit in one before laying down the coin. I really like the concept though, I fish mostly small ponds where walking isn't a big deal. It'd be nice to just slide it out of the truck at the launch, open it up, get the heater going and whatever else set up inside then make our way around the lake.

I would give Rick a call over at the Ice Hole, I think he carries Shappell.

Pelletier's in Jaffery is a Shappell dealer and my go to local guy but he doesn't have one. Gonna start calling around or e-mailing if I get some down time at the shop tomorrow.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #4 on: Nov 13, 2013, 08:48 PM »
I wouldn't care much about the bench seat either - I'd rather have a nice high-back folding chair that I can "relax" in.

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 13, 2013, 08:51 PM »
If that does not come with any ice anchors you would want to make sure you are either in it at all times or holding onto the rope.  It would not take much wind to send that sailing across the lake if you stepped out to drill some new holes or do some scouting.

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • never to cold to fish not cold enough!!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 13, 2013, 08:54 PM »
I used to do that with my shappel 3000 it's like that but a suitcase with pop up runners it worked fine for short moves
Never to many short poles

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #7 on: Nov 13, 2013, 08:58 PM »
If that does not come with any ice anchors you would want to make sure you are either in it at all times or holding onto the rope.  It would not take much wind to send that sailing across the lake if you stepped out to drill some new holes or do some scouting.
Keep it hitched to my ATV.  ;)  Otter makes a large sled.  Wouldn't it be cool if they designed something similar to fold out of it.  I think it is 4' X 80 some inches.   ;D  I'd like to see insulated fabric as well.  If you guys can't tell --  I like comfort out on the ice.  ;D

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 13, 2013, 09:03 PM »

I bet on clear ice a good wind would get it cruising across the lake with us in it LOL. I've got a bit for my cordless that will drive eye bolts in to the ice... quick and easy.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 13, 2013, 09:06 PM »
I used to do that with my shappel 3000 it's like that but a suitcase with pop up runners it worked fine for short moves

We were moving the 3000 around last year if the ice was glare but found it too tough to move in the snow while set up... The folding floor just isn't rigid enough.

Offline cl3377

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Nov 14, 2013, 05:35 PM »
One of the best investments I made for my Nanook were Ice Screws.  No tools and could not be any easier to turn in by hand.   

Offline tackleman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Nov 14, 2013, 05:45 PM »
It has been the hit of all the ice fishing shows!  It has a lot of room for an adult and a child. Two people is shoulder to shoulder.  It has a sliding seat so that you can sight fish also.  It also has a self on the other side of you that you can permanently attach all of you electronic   It is a run and gun model.  If you want one get one soon. We are almost oversold for the year.  It has sold that well.  Contact wildlife taxidermy. They might still have them. The floor holes are really cool

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Nov 14, 2013, 05:59 PM »
It has been the hit of all the ice fishing shows!  It has a lot of room for an adult and a child. Two people is shoulder to shoulder.  It has a sliding seat so that you can sight fish also.  It also has a self on the other side of you that you can permanently attach all of you electronic   It is a run and gun model.  If you want one get one soon. We are almost oversold for the year.  It has sold that well.  Contact wildlife taxidermy. They might still have them. The floor holes are really cool

Yeah I definitely wouldn't expect to get two guys sitting side by side but thought about loosing the bench seat and the electronics shelf and using camp chairs sorta kiddie corner from each other... Or would that put one chair in the fishing hole?

Offline tackleman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Nov 14, 2013, 06:15 PM »
It would put one chair in the hole.  The seat is really nice. I will,post some pics.  AJ for AJ bait and tackle saw it and is placing orders this week

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #14 on: Nov 14, 2013, 06:16 PM »
Just spent some time in the basement with my Otter Cabin and a tape measure.  I guess the 60" will be adequate.  Not "roomy" but adequate.  The 48" wide thing is good for one man.  At least this man it is.  I don't like to be cramped.  I'm going to check around and see if anyone has one locally.  Getting out on the lake and being able to move around without folding and packing stuff, etc.  sounds inviting.  ;D

Offline tackleman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Nov 14, 2013, 06:18 PM »
How. Do you posts pics?   I can send some

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Nov 14, 2013, 06:20 PM »
Thanks, if you have some pictures of the inside I would love to see them. There's only a couple pics on their website and they don't really show the interior very well.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Nov 14, 2013, 06:23 PM »
The only way I know how to post pics is with a photo hosting site like photobucket. If you e-mail them to me, I can post them up...

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Nov 14, 2013, 06:26 PM »
Just spent some time in the basement with my Otter Cabin and a tape measure.  I guess the 60" will be adequate.  Not "roomy" but adequate.  The 48" wide thing is good for one man.  At least this man it is.  I don't like to be cramped.  I'm going to check around and see if anyone has one locally.  Getting out on the lake and being able to move around without folding and packing stuff, etc.  sounds inviting.  ;D

It's 44" not 48".... still plenty for one to be comfortable though.

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #19 on: Nov 14, 2013, 06:37 PM »
How. Do you posts pics?   I can send some
I use a couple of different ways.  But you got to have a hosting site to hold the PICs and then link to them from your topic.  I use Google a lot.

Here's the info on how to use photobucket (it's free).

Offline tackleman

• IceShanty Rookie

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #21 on: Nov 15, 2013, 09:10 AM »
See these photos
http://s266.photobucket.com/user/TacklemanBob/media/Shappell%20Bay%20Runner/IMG_2460.jpg.html
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Nice pics , I had a chance to sit in one at a BPS my only concern is what does it look like collasped for storage .                                                   
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Nov 15, 2013, 09:30 AM »
Thanks! those pics give a much better view on how the interior is set up. I like the concept very much... just wish it was a bit wider. I bet it would work great with two people each having one and just parking them side by side and connecting the adjoining open doorways with a few clothes pins...

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #23 on: Nov 15, 2013, 09:36 AM »
I still think it's tight for "length". The sled id 60" and the holes must be back 10-12" from the front of the sled.  Leaving you about 4' for your body and the pole's length.  When I sit, measure from my back to my knees is close to 30".  That's not going to leave a lot.
Thanks for the PICs they helped.

Offline jimmyrig

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Nov 18, 2013, 06:41 PM »

I seen this rig at Bass pro shops in Foxboro.... really nice, but I doubt you could fish more than 2 people in it. Atleast not by my standards. really nice rig though.

Jimmy
that is thinking with your dipstick......jimmy

Offline ajbait

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Nov 21, 2013, 08:17 AM »
Thanks tackleman, we should have our order in mid December.

Look for my tip-up pic soon, we have some ice forming now!

AJ

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.