New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: canadice Lake  (Read 8677 times)

Offline fishmaster13184

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: canadice Lake
« Reply #30 on: Feb 02, 2013, 05:23 PM »
They couldn't have been on much ice, I tried to get on last night and it was 1" maximum

Offline Shouldabeenhereyesterday

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Feb 02, 2013, 05:25 PM »
They couldn't have been on much ice, I tried to get on last night and it was 1" maximum

Ice is 2 1/2"

Offline GT66PONY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Feb 02, 2013, 06:24 PM »
               how was the fishin?
                                               gary

Offline GT66PONY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Feb 03, 2013, 04:24 PM »

Canadice is froze from boat to dam Four men on Ice this afternoon North of boat launch, One on west side of lake.
 Most of the lake is locked up. Open water out from canoe lunch to the north . water spots on ice from canoe to the boat launch.
 soft ice out from boat launch.  south end looks froze ,but no one on it.
                                                                                                         Gary

Offline fishslayer89

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Feb 03, 2013, 04:34 PM »
Any current conditions? I have been seeing guys fishing the coves on the north end.
From the boat launch South was open Yesterday but has since froze over.
Looks like the South end may still be open.
Has anyone taken many smelt at night??
Thanks for any info!

Offline youngblood

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Feb 03, 2013, 07:41 PM »
Any current conditions? I have been seeing guys fishing the coves on the north end.
From the boat launch South was open Yesterday but has since froze over.
Looks like the South end may still be open.
Has anyone taken many smelt at night??
Thanks for any info!
You joined 3 years ago and this is your first post.Why don't you poke a few holes out there and report back to some of the guys that you have been reading there reports for the last 3 years.

Offline GT66PONY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Feb 04, 2013, 05:44 PM »
    Checked at the boat launch today.  Shore Ice still bad mabe 1 inch at the launch, Thanks to the creek. Ice looked better out further. Still open water north of the canoe launch,On other side Two guys fishing north of boat on the east side by road>
                                                                                                                             Gary

Offline IFISHY

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • who cares if it rains the fish are already wet
« Reply #37 on: Feb 04, 2013, 06:52 PM »
is there a boat lauch and a canoe launch?  my wife bought me a canoe for my birthday last year and this is one of the lakes I wanted to try it on im just curious if there is more than one access point
get the kids fishing its more fun that way

Offline Huntyeraws

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hey! You got a flag!
« Reply #38 on: Feb 04, 2013, 07:58 PM »
Anyone do consistently good on the brown and rainbows through the ice on this lake?   Tip ups a couple feet under the ice in deeper water or in shallower 30 to 15 feet?  Lakers aren't tough to find (getting them to bite sometimes can be a challenge sometimes though) however, I am looking to ice a brown or a rainbow.  Any help?  Thanks!

Offline GT66PONY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Feb 04, 2013, 08:50 PM »

There is a canoe  launch 1.5 miles south of the boat launch. It is where the Thick marble bench is>. Guys get rainbows and brouns as well as lakers in both canadice and hemlock lakes
                                                           Gary

Offline mcarey97

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Feb 05, 2013, 05:15 AM »
fishin for browns and rainbows has slowed down in my opinion in these lakes,  but just the way you said  shiner or smelt just below the ice, up to 20 ft down or so 

Offline perryt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Feb 05, 2013, 05:27 AM »
A friend of mine does very good on Hemlock with tip ups in shallower water 10 ' - 20 ' just South of the boat launch ! He gets mostly Browns with an occasional Rainbow ................ Pickeral can be a problem at times too. Bait of choice for him is bass minnows ! I'm looking to jig up some Lakers with my new Marcum LX6 probably at Canadice ! Keeping my fingers crossed we get some better ice soon !! Good Luck Huntyeraws I know you get the Lakers now go get some Browns and Bows .........  ;D
ice fishing rules

Offline GT66PONY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Feb 05, 2013, 01:43 PM »

Hey PerryT
         I would like to go to canadice with you sometime! for lakers, I want to compair your Marcume to my Vexlair 20!!!

wont be real soon though!
                                                           Unfortinetly the Ice at the boat launch is only 1.5 inches thick!!!
                                                           But fortinetlt the WATER WAS ONLY 3.5 foot DEEP!!!!!!
                                                           The lake is fully froze over now!!!
                                                           All except that one HOLE at the boat launch!!!LOL

Offline youngblood

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Feb 05, 2013, 03:05 PM »

Hey PerryT
         I would like to go to canadice with you sometime! for lakers, I want to compair your Marcume to my Vexlair 20!!!

wont be real soon though!
                                                           Unfortinetly the Ice at the boat launch is only 1.5 inches thick!!!
                                                           But fortinetlt the WATER WAS ONLY 3.5 foot DEEP!!!!!!
                                                           The lake is fully froze over now!!!
                                                           All except that one HOLE at the boat launch!!!LOL
Did you see any Smelt while you were in there? ;D

Offline mpike2day

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Feb 05, 2013, 05:33 PM »
How big do the lakers get?

Offline GT66PONY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Feb 05, 2013, 05:53 PM »

I've heard of 20 +  lb. Lakers coming out of the lake!!

And NO I did not see any smelt, water wasent DEEP enough!!!LOL

Offline mpike2day

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #46 on: Feb 05, 2013, 06:09 PM »
Nice. They fight better in the winter don't they?  Im the spring/summer they are like logs.

Offline Huntyeraws

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hey! You got a flag!
« Reply #47 on: Feb 06, 2013, 12:43 PM »
Thanks fellas.  Gonna try and give it a go in the AM for browns and bows on the NE side I am not sure if the deeper water is ready again yet.  Will see tomorrow how much ice she has made.

Offline chris steel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Feb 06, 2013, 02:41 PM »
Keep us up to date on conditions plz. Looking to head down Sat  for lakers then over to conesus at night for crappie. Thanks for the post

Offline GT66PONY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Feb 06, 2013, 02:53 PM »

Just got back from checking the lake! looks worse than yesterday!!!!
 Starting to think we might NOT get on again this year!!!!!
Lots of wet spots all over the lake!!
    Might still have a chance on the North end!
                                  Hope for the best!
                                                   Gary

Offline Huntyeraws

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hey! You got a flag!
« Reply #50 on: Feb 06, 2013, 03:34 PM »
OK, my buddy can't go with me in the morning, anyone looking to try it in the morning with me from the NE side?   I will be there at 7AM.  Send me a PM if you want to meet up. 

Offline youngblood

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Feb 07, 2013, 06:15 AM »
Fished the north end yesterday. Made it out to 58' of water ice was 2.5- 3" had a few lookers no takers.Ice was pretty sketchy.

Offline chris steel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Feb 07, 2013, 10:13 AM »
 Looking to head down Sat  for lakers then over to conesus at night for crappie. Thanks for the post anyone wanna meet up let me know, Not a newbie just havent fished lake befor have maps and a spud not worried there. Be Safe and Stay on Top

Offline GT66PONY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Feb 07, 2013, 07:33 PM »

Lake looked better today   2 inches of ice at boat launch. I would spud my way out the whole way! seams to be better ice on north end!!
                                                                                                                          Stay on top!!!
                                                                                                                                            Gary

Offline Huntyeraws

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hey! You got a flag!
« Reply #54 on: Feb 07, 2013, 08:03 PM »
Whoever is drininking "tall boys" of Arizona Iced Rasberry Tea and fishing on the ice - PICK UP YOUR TRASH AND TAKE IT HOME WITH YOU!  >:(

Offline chris steel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Feb 07, 2013, 08:53 PM »
Pony thanks for the report, Still looking to make it out Saturday but will wait for the locals to chime in first. NY jigger offered to take me to show me the ropes during the week. Might have to take em up on offer for next week if i don't get out

Offline chris steel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Feb 08, 2013, 05:31 PM »
well plans haven't changed, Heading there in morning and learn my way around. Spud in hand life jacket on and friend in tow in-case things go arye. Wanna meet up let me know

Offline zackblain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Feb 08, 2013, 06:00 PM »
Ice is going to be very sketchy, use extreme caution. Lot of rain here today and now snow on top of it

Offline beershanty

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • There'll be no quitters til we bag some critters!!
« Reply #58 on: Feb 08, 2013, 08:01 PM »
well plans haven't changed, Heading there in morning and learn my way around. Spud in hand life jacket on and friend in tow in-case things go arye. Wanna meet up let me know
It didnt snow it rained here most of the day, just a heads up. The ice will be skecthy at best. It is snowing heavy now and its not that cold out so it might not make much more, if any ice tonight. conesus is fishable if you dont feel safe when you get there, so you dont waste a trip but as always use caution there as well, as there have been many conflicting ice reports about conesus. stay safe and good luck :tipup: :icefish: 
Just roll me up and smoke me when I die

Offline chris steel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Feb 08, 2013, 08:18 PM »
thanks for all the concern, Sure i wont be the only one out and i will use caution, Can always got to honeoye  or conesus if not good. Again thanks and hope to see someone from here out there. Goal this year is laker through the ice. will post tm what and how i did.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.