Author Topic: Limit Creek ice rods  (Read 1839 times)

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
Limit Creek ice rods
« on: Sep 27, 2016, 10:03 PM »
Hey guys, I am wondering if anyone here has any experience with the Limit Creek brand ice rods; they are a small Minnesota based company. I can look around online and find a few good reviews on their summer spinning rods but not much on the ice rods. They look/sound really nice especially at a great price point of $27.

http://www.limitcreek.com/IceRods.html

Thanks!  I look forward to everything I am going to learn from this site.

Offline gunnerdog

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Limit Creek ice rods
« Reply #1 on: Sep 29, 2016, 10:19 PM »
I don't have any experience with them, but they look like a nice rod.  For $27 your not out much if they're crap.
Gunnerdog

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Sep 29, 2016, 10:23 PM »
I like the looks of them for sure...

I can't buy a rod without having it in my hand first though..

<°)))>{

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #3 on: Sep 30, 2016, 08:19 AM »
after taking a quick look at them, they are not some thing i would own.
i prefer a reel seat that screws the reel foot down. the hook keeper is just in the way and not needed and i prefer to push the hook into the cork on the butt of the handle. (even on the rods i do like.)
i also prefer shorter rods than their offerings. i like 18" to stay close to the hole and so i can kneel fish. the longer they are the further away i have to fish.

for the same money-ish, you should look into 13 fishing wicked ice rods. they are my favorite so far. it is hard to find just the rods right now tho. the combo's are easier to find, but i don't like their reels. they do make shorter versions, but are sold out. theses are what they have left
store.13fishingDOTcom/c/ice_rods_wicked (replace DOT with decimal point)

last years version also sold out
http://www.fishusa.com/product/13-Fishing-Wicked-Ice-Rods

Offline TheCrappieFisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Oct 04, 2016, 07:04 PM »
Thanks for the thoughts guys! I'm contacting them to see if they will be at the St. Paul ice show in December, I agree I'd like to hold one before buying. 

3300- Someone gave me a 13 whiteout in medium which feels like a great rod, haven't had a chance to use it much since I received it at the end of last season.  I've heard other people say good things about the wicked rods, I will look in to them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.