Author Topic: Flaming Gorge 2019 (final trip pics added 3-14-19)  (Read 11429 times)

Offline Big Musky

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Flaming Gorge 2019
« Reply #90 on: Mar 04, 2019, 07:47 PM »
Looking forward to seeing the report!!!

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #91 on: Mar 04, 2019, 08:44 PM »
Hopefully the big boys want to play so we can post some pics

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #92 on: Mar 05, 2019, 07:41 AM »
Showing -2 this morning in Green river, really liking these temps to keep it locked up before we get there. Projected temps for after tomorrow will definitly be warmer into the weekend with the storms
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • friends with the same mental disorder....priceless
« Reply #93 on: Mar 05, 2019, 08:15 AM »
Received my goodies from my giveaway win. Getting all of my gear  loaded so I can try them out at the gorge this weekend. I plan to leave early Thursday. See you all up there.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #94 on: Mar 05, 2019, 10:38 AM »
Thats great Gale, hopefully they will be your go to lures for nailing some macks. We're going to be getting things loaded up tomorrow night and will be on the road thursday morning to.
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #95 on: Mar 06, 2019, 10:08 PM »
Ok boys it’s time we are locked and loaded we will be heading out about 6:00 in the morning and hopefully be on the ice by 10:00 fishing.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #96 on: Mar 06, 2019, 10:56 PM »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :woot:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Hutbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #97 on: Mar 07, 2019, 08:00 AM »
Have fun and be safe everyone!
I hope i'm half as good as my Dogs think i am ;-)

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #98 on: Mar 07, 2019, 08:29 AM »
Have a great trip guys! Sorry that I won’t be there. I decided to drive my kids over to Idaho for their safety. Looks like I am lined up to fish the South Fork of the  snake river out of a drift boat on Friday in the snow! Should be a blast. Make sure and take extra good care of Trent!😎

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #99 on: Mar 11, 2019, 07:57 AM »
Okay guys; where Hell are those reports?  And pictures?  Inquiring minds want to know.   ;D
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #100 on: Mar 11, 2019, 11:22 AM »
Man is this 47yo body getting rough to take on these ice camp trips. Lol. It was a great trip. Weather was way better than predicted. Fishing for burbot was pretty hot. With a few toads coming in at 30in. Lakers were only marginal for most or non existant for me. Some did well on them but no hogs just pups. Ice in anvil was easily 13+in, the pressure ridges were the only place you had to take your time around as they were starting to open up. Edges were holding out good also. I'll get some pics up tomorrow. Great last camp trip everyone. Here's a teaser of my burbot take the 1st night which was by far my best night

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #101 on: Mar 12, 2019, 08:11 AM »
o boy what a trip fishing was good for the burb and fishing was not good for the big boys. I would add some pics but my phone went for a swim, I thought I could call a big fish on my phone but didn't work but a great weekend up there

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #102 on: Mar 12, 2019, 09:36 AM »
Glad you guys had a good time!!! Looks like there’s something to be said for bigger burbot when the calendar flips to March!

Sorry I bailed on you guys! I hate being “that guy”!
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline Big Musky

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #103 on: Mar 12, 2019, 04:27 PM »
Nice Burbot, might run out and fish Wyoming side. Thanks.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #104 on: Mar 14, 2019, 02:24 PM »
Ok so it took longer than expected to get these up as the last trip really got my body out of whack. I was stuck on the couch with some awful pain going on in my back and neck and thought for sure I blew another disk in my back but after a trip to my chiropractor this morning I am hopefull he will get me staightened out. I ended up having both my hips shifted forward 1 also tilted in, 3 vertebrea out of alignment (2 back-1 neck), 3 ribs misaligned, right colar bone disconected and my right shoulder blade tilted in the wrong direction. MAN I'm a mess but it all comes with age I guess. I wont be needing to get an MRI, yet! but in 2 weeks I'll know for sure. Worst news is my ice season is probably done  :'( :'( but anyways enough of the whining. The trip started out like a dream, got the stuff unloaded and it was pretty much t-shirt weather from the get go

Had plenty of ice at 13in

Really liked the Bronco themed lights skyler hooked me up with for the trip, thanks buddy  :thumbsup: I'll be wanting some more blue next season

1st night for me was definitley the most productive on the burbot or anyfish for that matter, threw so many out the tent door you can pretty much see the red landing spot outside my tent. Lol

and the rest of the fish slaying

Even had a nice livewell to keep us entertained with feng shui ice art work

As we all know I cant ever get enough scenery shots

What a great last camp trip. Those besides lawrence that have pics lets see them as my phone was always dead when the big ones were caught. Was very happy to get out with all that could make it and for those that couldn't, I'll be seeing you next season. Tighlines everyone and keep posting the trips you get in as there is still access to the berry from chicken creek, the ladders and the soldier creek side off of hwy 40
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Flaming Gorge 2019 (final trip pics added 3-14-19)
« Reply #105 on: Mar 14, 2019, 04:13 PM »
Nice job guys! Great post Matt! So sorry to hear about your ailments, doesn’t sound like any fun at all. Get healed up and I will see you on the soft water soon. I am heading to Georgia for a month to do some backpacking on the Appalachian Trail. I might need to get your chiropractor’s phone number! Take care guys!

Offline Hutbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #106 on: Mar 14, 2019, 07:02 PM »
Wow Matt, sounds like you turned into a pretzel up there. I sure hope you can get straightened back out. Sure looks like you guys had a great time out there. Thanks for the pictures and cool story.

Joe, don't forget to keep us posted on your TRIP. I hope you have a great time. Man your going to see some cool stuff!!
I hope i'm half as good as my Dogs think i am ;-)

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #107 on: Mar 14, 2019, 10:02 PM »
[quo

Joe, don't forget to keep us posted on your TRIP. I hope you have a great time. Man your going to see some cool stuff!!

I definitely will do my best. Thanks for the well wishes!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #108 on: Mar 15, 2019, 07:47 AM »
Nice job guys! Great post Matt! So sorry to hear about your ailments, doesn’t sound like any fun at all. Get healed up and I will see you on the soft water soon. I am heading to Georgia for a month to do some backpacking on the Appalachian Trail. I might need to get your chiropractor’s phone number! Take care guys!

Thanks joe, it was a good time. my ailments are already on the mend pretty good today compared to the last few thats for sure. Your going to have a great time in georgia and see some cool stuff. I'll be looking forward to the pics and video. If you need me to hook you up with my guy when your done just let me know

Wow Matt, sounds like you turned into a pretzel up there. I sure hope you can get straightened back out. Sure looks like you guys had a great time out there. Thanks for the pictures and cool story. 

Boy pretzel is almost an understatement for sure I would say pretzel's. Lol all over. Its feeling alot better today. It was a good time and wish I could be up there again this weekend or next but it is what it is. Jonesey was going back today with his dad Randy so we'll see how they do
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #109 on: Mar 15, 2019, 07:57 PM »
Matt,

I 100% hope you mend completely.  And as to the rest of whats left of this ice season, I think I'm done also.  Went to Mantua today and caught 5 perch all over 8 inches, 1 baby bluegil that is still swimming, and a nice fat 15" rainbow.  All in all, not a bad day to end on.  So, I bid y'all ado and look forward to some more adventures next season.  Take care and tight lines.
Bob Hicks, from Utah
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #110 on: Mar 19, 2019, 01:18 PM »
Thanks Bob, luckily I have a good guy that can put my bones back in place and he's almost got me there. I will definitly be gettting my outside stuff done for this spring and then just maybe I'll get the boat out by the end of the bass spawn. Hopefully!!
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #111 on: Sep 05, 2019, 12:18 AM »
Finally put a little video together for this trip, better late than never. Definently still figuring out how to put these YouTube videos together so be kind  ;)2

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #112 on: Sep 05, 2019, 05:41 AM »
muskyon46 great video. That video gets me even more pumped up for this up coming season.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #113 on: Sep 05, 2019, 07:39 AM »
Thanks MCB, I'm with you on getting pumped for the hard deck, with any luck today will be our last day above 90deg. Man I've had it with these hot temps!!!
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #114 on: Sep 05, 2019, 07:47 AM »
Matt,

You guys are having WAY too much fun.   ;D

What are those bubblers called and where can I get some?
Bob Hicks, from Utah

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #115 on: Sep 05, 2019, 08:07 AM »
Well to be honest not many of us were very happy with the perfomance of the bobber looking bubblers. They do have their place as something to use for short time as they do chew thru some batteries and they all dont work the same as each other. I have 2 that work good and one that barely puts out any bubbles. The best ones I've found are these

https://www.amazon.com/Marine-Metal-Aeratr-Bubble-1-5V/dp/B000EYULIS/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1INJK25N35R8T&keywords=bubble+box+aerator&qid=1567688442&s=gateway&sprefix=bubble+box%2Caps%2C391&sr=8-2

There is a few other brands you can find for around the same price. They run on 2 D batteries and last a long time. I rigged my bubble line to some thicker gage wire to hold it in the center of the hole. I place the bubbler in a waterproof type bag to keep the chill off of it and all together when packing them up. Skyler put more rigged tubing on his and it serves the same purpose. Here's a video of them in action at Henry's last year with the jigging jacker

Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.