Author Topic: Battery-Powered Aerator for Minnows  (Read 383 times)

Offline conococheague

• IceShanty Rookie
Battery-Powered Aerator for Minnows
« on: Feb 22, 2021, 10:07 AM »
After 10 years of service, my Hush Bubbles aerator died.  It was the 2 D-cell model.  For $10 at Walmart, it served me well and I have no complaints.  It gave some signs that it was struggling the last two trips but it is now dead.  I bought the new version at Walmart (again) along with a little AA battery version to have as a back-up.  Man, the quality of these seams to have really gone down hill.  The casing plastic seems much thinner and it's difficult to get the cover on after installing or changing batteries and I'm worried I'm going to break it one of these times.  It was inexpensive but if I break it on the ice or it fails at a bad time and I lose bait, it won't be a savings.  Are there other brands out there that you recommend?  I don't want a rechargeable one and I like the 2 D-cell size and time before dead batteries.  Thanks.

Conocochegue

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Re: Battery-Powered Aerator for Minnows
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2021, 10:10 AM »
I like the baby bubbles.i always have aa batteries laying around but never d cells.plus baby bubbles can run off one or two aa like the big bubble unit.i bout rechargeable batteries for mine and it runs all day on a charge.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Feb 22, 2021, 10:24 AM »
2-way hush bubbles are the best out there IMO
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Uppervalley Kid

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2021, 10:33 AM »
I like the baby bubbles.i always have aa batteries laying around but never d cells.plus baby bubbles can run off one or two aa like the big bubble unit.i bout rechargeable batteries for mine and it runs all day on a charge.

X2 for Baby Bubbles
....¸><((((º>
.··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2021, 10:34 AM »

I love these things.
I bought a second one, just in case the first craps out.
They do run long enough on 2 AA batteries, and it will slow down gradually as battery power goes.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.