Author Topic: Wolfram Jigs  (Read 5109 times)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
Wolfram Jigs
« on: Jul 21, 2010, 03:46 PM »
Does anyone know where to get Wolfram jigs other than at yourbobbersdown ? I am in need of just 3 colors in a particular size...4mm gold with glow bead, E-69 and E 65. Any and all help is appreciated.  :)

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Wolfram Jigs
« Reply #1 on: Jul 21, 2010, 07:56 PM »
They have GB81 and E65 in 4mm listed here. (E70 is close to E69) http://dakotaangler.com/Products/223-wolfram-jigs.aspx Thats about all I found, not a lot of shops carry the full line of wolframs.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jul 21, 2010, 08:15 PM »
that was a great help.  I googled them and never came up with that place.  They had what I was looking for. Thanks again !

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jul 21, 2010, 10:06 PM »
I usually use Yahoo for a search engine. If you order from them let me know how it goes. I never ordered from them before.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jul 22, 2010, 10:01 PM »
I did order, and will let you know !

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jul 23, 2010, 07:51 AM »
2 days later, I get an email saying that now that I have paid for them and my account was debited, they do not have any in stock due to " availability issues with Fiskas" and that they credited my account back the amount I paid...they said that later this summer the issues should be resolved and they would have stock...dunno...If I have to wait, i just as well should order from the other site....

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jul 23, 2010, 08:58 AM »
Marine General carries them also. BUT...I doubt you are gonna find what you want. The popular ones are just gone. Your Bobbers down doesnt even have them. They cant get them fast enough from Sweden. Or Finland or whicher tall blonde girl country they come from.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jul 23, 2010, 06:14 PM »
I looked at Marine General's site often and they carry a very limited selection.

2 days later, I get an email saying that now that I have paid for them and my account was debited, they do not have any in stock due to " availability issues with Fiskas" and that they credited my account back the amount I paid...they said that later this summer the issues should be resolved and they would have stock...dunno...If I have to wait, i just as well should order from the other site....

Thats what I was afraid of this time of year. Every retailer refuses to carry any kind of icefishing stock. They order a little right before hard water and thats it. Thats why I don't even bother running up to Hamburg anymore. They stock too much garbage that nobody wants and the good stuff is gone in days. You need these jigs for soft water or are you just getting a jump on the ice season? Think I have the sizes and colors.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jul 23, 2010, 06:17 PM »
just trying to get ahead of the game is all.....kinda like buying stuff when you have the money....

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jul 28, 2010, 03:02 PM »
My favorite colors are HP36, HP32 and E73. E73 works great is dirty water but I have better luck with the others in clear water. I also use GB85, it works in clear and dirty depends on the day. If I had to choose one it would be HP32. This thread got me thinking about making an order, but I need to go to the baitshop and see what they have first, I`d rather buy from them first. We are lucky to have a baitshop that carries a nice selection of Fiskas. Our baitshops also clean fish, thats downright nice when you can drop your fish off, go to lunch and go home with filets.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Oct 04, 2010, 11:54 AM »
YBD finally got them in stock....placed my order Saturday !

Offline jjc155

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Oct 04, 2010, 03:14 PM »
If I am not mistaken, I think that I have gotten them at our local Gander Mountain in the past.

J-

Offline MEMAGGIENCOMET

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Oct 04, 2010, 03:32 PM »
I placed an order on friday from YBD and I got my package today. That is sure some fast shipping.

Offline MBrown4

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • There's a buggy whip!
« Reply #13 on: Oct 04, 2010, 08:15 PM »
i would like to get a handful of these to try this year.what size do you guys recommend?

Offline C P

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hold my beer and watch this
« Reply #14 on: Oct 04, 2010, 08:24 PM »
I dont know exactly what its called but my favorite one I call "frog" because its dark green with some black and 3 small yellow stripes.

I had good luck with them later in season when things were slow. I always used the smallest size I could find.
I caught a fish once! 

TEAM MITTEN

"EDITED"

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Oct 06, 2010, 07:39 PM »
I always did well with the gold 3mm, with a glow bead. Took a lot of shallow water perch and gills with that, tipped with a single spike. Several seasons ago I got a few in a discout bin at Cabelas for .99. ;D Knowing what I know now, I would have taken them all. :'(

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Oct 07, 2010, 10:07 AM »
Got my order yesterday, the quality is not what is has been in the past, but nevertheless, I am happy with the fast shipping and the fact that I don't have to worry about not having them.....Van, we caught many bluegill and perch fishing off the docks at the summertime lakes with that same 3mm gold with the glow bead...

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Oct 07, 2010, 01:07 PM »
The gold is deadly in most Pocono waters, and probably anywhere that is tanin stained. ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.