The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: AUGER DRILL??  (Read 2620 times)

ICEBUG

AUGER DRILL??
« on: Feb 15, 2003, 06:46 AM »
Because I am new at ice fishing ---will the drill of a two piece hand auger fit on a power auger head?or are the drill bases of a power auger and the hand auger built different?
Icebug

Offline LoneWolf

• Tournaments/Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
Re: AUGER DRILL??
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2003, 09:00 AM »
The only hand auger that can be converted to a power auger and back (that I know of) is the Nils Master. It literally takes two minutes to convert to hand or power. You would have to make a collar to connect the powerhead to the hand auger. Usually the drill bases of hand augers are made lighter duty than those made for power augers.
Those who are brave are free ..

ICEBUG

« Reply #2 on: Feb 15, 2003, 11:25 AM »
 I saw a power post hole auger head at a home supply store yesterday that looked identical to the power ice augers and was wondering if one could be attached to an hand auger drill.
Thanks for the info.

redsford95

« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2003, 03:14 AM »
You can with a little fabing I am in the process of finding a lazre hand auger to replace my chipper I have.  As fas as pipe strength. The hand auger will not be that lighter it takes the same pressure as a gas auger to go threw the ice ;)
Red

ICEBUG

« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2003, 04:03 AM »
I did more research on the net last night, and found this site that answers questions about augers(Jiffy brand,anyway).
www.jiffy-on-ice.com/faq.htm
Icebug

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.