Author Topic: Plastic Auger Flighting  (Read 1135 times)

Offline northernpikeman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Plastic Auger Flighting
« on: Dec 09, 2023, 02:04 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has durability issues with the plastic auger flighting. Does anyone else think the blades seem flimsy?

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Plastic Auger Flighting
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2023, 02:22 PM »
I was concerned when I made the switch several seasons ago ...now after (ab)using it in various conditions I do not even think about it . Now if the temperatures were to go to the extremes experienced to my northern neighbors maybe it could be a thought  ...I dont recall on this forum or the other FB pages I belong to anybody having any issues .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Nitz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2023, 06:06 PM »
I have many adventures and holes drilled with my 2019 Model 35600 8" Pistol Bit with no related issues.  Mostly in Wisconsin and the <= 0F days do not often keep us off the ice.

I also have a significant amount of time logged with K-Drills and Lite-Flites - no issues.  It has been a few seasons since anyone I fish with has run a steel auger and I have yet to see an issue.

Offline saskbucks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 2023, 06:58 AM »
I’ve had a pistol bit for a couple seasons.  No worries at all. And I’ve cut holes in Saskatchewan cold.
Get outside.  It does a body and mind good!

Offline Dlzfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 11, 2023, 11:02 AM »
I beat the absolute crap out of mine at -40 and below and its held up. When i get ice build up i bend and smack the flighting to break it off. Cant imagine a situation you could break it

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #5 on: Dec 11, 2023, 11:02 AM »
Zero issues with composite flights. Pretty indestructible.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.