Author Topic: Tip-up Repair!  (Read 4452 times)

Offline tarbot

• Team IceShanty Regular
Tip-up Repair!
« on: Dec 31, 2007, 11:01 AM »
You know those little staples that hold the flags on some tip-ups?  I just had 2 pop out on one of mine...  Any one know of a easy fix, or a place to order them?

My tip-ups are the Arctic Bay's from HT.

Thanks

Offline EddieRod

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Tip-up Repair!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2007, 12:07 PM »
    Happened to me and the flags where old ,so I found some material for new flags and had some flat copper like flashing. Cut a small piece or two, bend them in half and put them in the vice and cranked it worked well..

Offline Tughiller78

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2007, 12:08 PM »
Do you know anybody that works for a phone or a communications company.  The staplers that they use to staple phone wire should be just about right.

Offline tarbot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 31, 2007, 12:16 PM »
Do you know anybody that works for a phone or a communications company.  The staplers that they use to staple phone wire should be just about right.

It just so happens that I work for a communications company!  ::)  Didn't even cross my mind about the cable staplers.  Heading to the warehouse to check now  LOL

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 31, 2007, 12:18 PM »
It just so happens that I work for a communications company!  ::)  Didn't even cross my mind about the cable staplers.  Heading to the warehouse to check now  LOL

Get brass staples if possible.  ;)

Offline Haywood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2007, 12:28 PM »
They have IS Flag kits in the ProShop here.

Offline tarbot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 31, 2007, 12:30 PM »
Found one...  Should work perfect!  

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 31, 2007, 04:51 PM »
I epoxied my polar flags on. www.fishusa.com has spare flags.

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Dec 31, 2007, 07:03 PM »
Staple gun with a wire guide.
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline Haywood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 31, 2007, 07:41 PM »

these are in the IceShanty proshop.

Offline USMarine2001

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Dec 31, 2007, 08:04 PM »
not sure how your state does hunting permits but michigan uses these peice of junk sticker things. If I don't use them during hunting season they go in the box for ice fishing just for this problem. just an idea

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #11 on: Dec 31, 2007, 08:56 PM »
You know those little staples that hold the flags on some tip-ups?  I just had 2 pop out on one of mine...  Any one know of a easy fix, or a place to order them?

Thanks

the steel part or the plastic flag i used a couple staples off a broken tipup the flags i replaced using orange safety flags cut in pieces glued on with a hot glue gun   mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline tarbot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 31, 2007, 09:02 PM »
the steel part or the plastic flag i used a couple staples off a broken tipup the flags i replaced using orange safety flags cut in pieces glued on with a hot glue gun   mo
The steel staples pulled out.  i have a staple gun that is used to staple up communication cables.  It has round top staples that should work perfect.  Thanks for the info guys.

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #13 on: Dec 31, 2007, 09:10 PM »
The steel staples pulled out.  i have a staple gun that is used to staple up communication cables.  It has round top staples that should work perfect.  Thanks for the info guys.
[/quote/]your welcome happy new year   mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline IceTroll

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 08, 2008, 12:19 AM »
Tarbot,

After you re-staple, put a dab of super glue or something on each staple and they wont ever pop out again.

IceTroll
     :callcops:
Being in the great outdoors is not a matter of life or death. Its far more important than that!

Offline Scientist

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 09, 2008, 10:13 AM »

Thanks

Purchase a hot glue gun for about $10 and hot glue the flags to the steel. Very easy and permanent fix
breathing in, breathing out..this is life is all about ...We change when we start to make of life what we want.

Offline IceTroll

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Jan 11, 2008, 09:22 PM »
I think you missunderstood Scientist. Either that or I did. I think he meant the staples that hold and guide the steel along the wooden upright of the tipup. The staples go into the wood. Dont think he is having trouble with the flag material itself.
Being in the great outdoors is not a matter of life or death. Its far more important than that!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.