Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1684038 times)

Offline ronco

• Team IceShanty Regular
The secret to fishing.....fish where the fish are.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #2881 on: Jul 01, 2018, 05:36 PM »
Guys, I know that the Vex FL8-SE deal that I posted on the previous page didn’t generate much if any interest.  It’s understood.  Most of us that are on IceShanty this time of year have been around the block a few times and have top flight equipment, but this FL-8SE is now $113.72.  Can somebody please call one of their newbie friends and let them know about this deal?

Thanks,

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2882 on: Jul 01, 2018, 05:51 PM »
Iam surprized others did not catch this any how just got one at my local home depot 750 inch pounds of torque rigid brushless hammer drill .. $99+tx. Price good till 7-4-18

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-18-Volt-1-2-in-Compact-Brushless-Hammer-Drill-R861162SB/304583628?keyword=R861162sb&searchtype=text&semanticToken=20030+++>++++st%3A%7Br861162sb%7D%3Ast++cn%3A%7B0%3A0%7D++r861162sb+%7Bproductkey%7D

Offline trouts

• IceShanty Rookie
  • crappibass crappibass where are you?
« Reply #2883 on: Jul 01, 2018, 10:48 PM »
Would the above hammer drill be good to adapt to an ice auger?

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2884 on: Jul 01, 2018, 11:16 PM »
Yes.. also ask others like 3300 or was it ice scratcher one of them uses a ridgid and has never had problems..  I got  a r86116k same unit as above and they would not put the lsa on it cause my sister bought me it..  just a heads up so purchase it your self or with cash..  mine was a online order so they had problems matching her name to mine cause its original purchaser..  so we returned with in 30 days  and I rebought it just now.. I did get to try it out on a mora converted to a laser blade ager.. all I can say is man that thing was wicked fast at cutting while attach to this drill..   I am sure you can get away with a reg mora blade as in the brace bit style auger in a 6 or 7 maybe even 8 but might be pushing it at 8 inch??
 and for sure can use a 8 inch nils! Any how keep asking around every ware..  iam sure it's good always good with secound opinion. ..

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2885 on: Jul 01, 2018, 11:32 PM »
Here is ice scratchers profile you will see a link that says show post by ice scratcher click it I think on page three he shows off a Gen 4 or 5 ridgid with 700 inch pounds?? Sorry I don't think he been in since may so private messageING him I don't think will work in time.. there is a lot of other people that use the rigid drill and the fuel 600 inch pound up.. fuel drills.. also is there a auger you plan to use these on? If so we might be of insightful help to you about it like the 8 inch laser it won't turn same with the 7 inch laser also ask about the batter I keep mine in my pocket in side pocket with a hand heater bag next to the battery.. while I was out and has no problems.. I am sure you will find problems in cold with batteries??

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?action=profile;u=64032

Offline buckslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2886 on: Jul 02, 2018, 07:16 AM »
Baffin trapper boots on eBay for $56!

Check Amazon as well.  Some sizes (such as 13) are under $30 right now.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #2887 on: Jul 02, 2018, 09:36 AM »
Iam surprized others did not catch this any how just got one at my local home depot 750 inch pounds of torque rigid brushless hammer drill .. $99+tx. Price good till 7-4-18

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-18-Volt-1-2-in-Compact-Brushless-Hammer-Drill-R861162SB/304583628?keyword=R861162sb&searchtype=text&semanticToken=20030+++>++++st%3A%7Br861162sb%7D%3Ast++cn%3A%7B0%3A0%7D++r861162sb+%7Bproductkey%7D

only comes with 1.5 amp battery. buying batteries not sold in a kit form are excluded from their lsa. this battery is much too small for augers.

i've never had problems with any of my main 3 ridgid drills used for ice fishing. actually 5 ridgid drills. one 24 volt, two 18 volt and two 12 volt drills. the 24 volt used ni-cads so they self discharge all the time. still works and still under warranty. 12 volt won't cut ice with an auger.
one 12 volt did go up in flames and they replaced it. it had a problem out of the box, but i kept using it until it was toast.

they are working on a 1300 inch pound drill and 6 amp and 9 amp batteries, so wait to buy and make sure to buy in a kit form. otherwise you only have a 3 year warranty on the batteries like all the other brands.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2888 on: Jul 02, 2018, 10:01 AM »
Check Amazon as well.  Some sizes (such as 13) are under $30 right now.

July, from my experience, is the month to buy winter boots, when no one else in their right mind is looking at and buying boots.  This applies to a lot of other things as well.  I buy a lot of open water fishing stuff in the fall and winter and ice fishing stuff in the spring/summer.  Demand drives pricing everywhere, but no place more so than Amazon.  I just bought an EVO 1it for $175 shipped!  Lowest price EVER.  Being delivered today.  That's a $330 shanty that normally costs another $75 to ship.  STEAL. ;D

DN

8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol

Offline trouts

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2889 on: Jul 02, 2018, 10:17 AM »
Thanks for the replies on the drills guys, I really appreciate it. I figured the 1.5 batteries would be quick to discharge. I might look at the 2ah kit that chillywilly suggested. IF I do get a drill, I would need an auger. I really like the 8" hole, I mostly fish for walleye and appreciate the extra space even though I could do fine I'm sure with a 7"

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2890 on: Jul 02, 2018, 10:36 AM »
If you do go 7 inch check these out!! I bought these at link at customized them.. cause the threads that hold it to the auger strip out really easy..  cause aluminum is a really soft metal.. and this guy just put the threads in the aluminum.. this is what hold the blades to auger ..  so what I did in a drill press was redrilled the holes removing old threads and made a pocket fir bolt head.. with a drill the size of the new bolt I put in to it needed two longer  bolts..  after done they don't fall off the auger and down the hole from the screws riping out..

This way you can get a 7 inch hole cut reeally fast! With a hand auger with offset handle your auger will cut like a nils.  they still sell on ebay every once in a while the off set handle mora boren auger...  you really got yo look hard for it.. You could try eskimo and strike masterling brands in the 8 inch brace bit style..  but not sure if that drill will push a 8 inch brace bit??  cause I don't own a 8 inch brace bit auger that's works with a drill?? I know it will do fine with a 7 inch.. but I don't own a 8 inch cause I could not convert it to whats at link below.. any how let us know if you need more info??

https://m.ebay.com/itm/7-INCH-STRIKEMASTER-MORA-TO-LAZER-BLADE-ICE-AUGER-ADAPTER-CONVERSION-KIT/131116713483?hash=item1e872a460b:g:xcAAAOxypNtSlljQ

Offline laer0302

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2891 on: Jul 02, 2018, 12:00 PM »
Thanks for the replies on the drills guys, I really appreciate it. I figured the 1.5 batteries would be quick to discharge. I might look at the 2ah kit that chillywilly suggested. IF I do get a drill, I would need an auger. I really like the 8" hole, I mostly fish for walleye and appreciate the extra space even though I could do fine I'm sure with a 7"

I bought the ridgid 2ah kit last winter. When I bought it lakes already had 25+ inches of ice, and I could do 8-10 holes per battery, which isn't great if you like to hole hop a lot. I use the 7" Mini Nero Ice Auger. I highly recommend the auger, it cuts like butter, and it comes with an interchangeable hand handle and drill adapter and you can adjust the height on both. The hand crank handle came in handy many times when my batteries on the drill died. Home Depot had a deal on a 2 pack of 6ah batteries for $159.99 and I bought that earlier this summer, those should have plenty of juice for drilling through that thick ice at the end of the year.

Offline CoachWalleye74

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SD
« Reply #2892 on: Jul 02, 2018, 01:42 PM »
Deal Ninja...where is that FL8 link???

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2893 on: Jul 02, 2018, 02:08 PM »
Deal Ninja...where is that FL8 link???

Sorry Coach.  Someone bought it last night.  Hopefully someone on IS, but we may never know.

DN

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2894 on: Jul 02, 2018, 04:49 PM »
July, from my experience, is the month to buy winter boots, when no one else in their right mind is looking at and buying boots. 

If they are hoping to find people 'in their right mind' pretty well all ice fishermen are excluded---by definition!! ;D
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Online OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #2895 on: Jul 02, 2018, 07:36 PM »
If they are hoping to find people 'in their right mind' pretty well all ice fishermen are excluded---by definition!! ;D
:woot: :flex: :roflmao: :clap: ;)2 :whistle: :bow: :icefish:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline WolfPack1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2896 on: Jul 03, 2018, 02:55 AM »
Might be looking for a clam plate on top of boots! If anyone happens to find a decent deal on one!

Offline Reinert

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2897 on: Jul 03, 2018, 05:41 AM »
Sorry Coach.  Someone bought it last night.  Hopefully someone on IS, but we may never know.

DN
I tried to get it yesterday,gone!

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2898 on: Jul 03, 2018, 07:45 AM »
Frabill 210 Hub on the cheap.  $141.72  Best price EVER...  Contrary to the item description on Amazon, the 210 is NOT top insulated.  That would be the 250.  Still a great price for someone looking for cheap shelter or a spare.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016I2YBZI?psc=1

Strikemaster Chipper Light 8.25 - $212.15  Almost 50% off and best price EVER.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JS3BN1K?psc=1

Previously posted, but the EVO 1it is again back to a great price.  $186.74  https://www.amazon.com/Eskimo-25502-Portable-Insulated-Shelter/dp/B01M7REPVQ/ref=lp

Shimano Nexave 1000FD - $27.79  Almost 50% off.  Best price EVER.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012B67SJG?psc=1  A step up from the Sienna with two more bearings and slightly lighter for about the same price.

Beaver Dam 26SB Titanium Tipped ML Ice Rod - $23.53  Lowest price EVER.  https://www.amazon.com/Beaver-Dam-26SB-Tip-stick/dp/B00QT5JJBG/ref=pd

DN

Offline buckslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2899 on: Jul 03, 2018, 10:48 AM »
How do those Shimano Nexave reels compare to the Pflueger President?

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2900 on: Jul 03, 2018, 12:36 PM »
How do those Shimano Nexave reels compare to the Pflueger President?

I can't help too much here.  I have a President 6920, but have never even had a Nexave in my hands.  The President has 10 bearings to the Nexave's 4, but Shimano has always been able to make their reels with fewer bearings perform as well or better than reels with several more.  Hopefully someone else can chime in with personal experience with the Nexave.  I own a ton of Shimano reels from Sienna 500 to Exsence 3000MHG, but not a Nexave unfortunately.

DN

Offline trouts

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2901 on: Jul 03, 2018, 01:06 PM »
Nexave is a nice reel. Just a hair under the quality of a sahara. It runs big as all shimanos. I have a 1000 on my light action rod and it's just enough. Worth this price IMO

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2902 on: Jul 03, 2018, 01:57 PM »
Hey DR. SPECKLER, any chance this would work on the 10" Mora?  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00439K5XG?psc=1  Pretty good price, about $15 off.

DN

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2903 on: Jul 03, 2018, 03:10 PM »
milwaukee combo 5.0 batteries and 2704 drill.  259 bucks.

https://slickdeals.net/f/11761935-milwaukee-m18-fuel-hammer-drill-impact-driver-combo-w-2x-xc5-0-batteries-259-free-shipping

i got mine for 239 2 years ago but this is too good a deal to pass up for those in the market. 

Offline WolfPack1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2904 on: Jul 03, 2018, 06:07 PM »
milwaukee combo 5.0 batteries and 2704 drill.  259 bucks.

https://slickdeals.net/f/11761935-milwaukee-m18-fuel-hammer-drill-impact-driver-combo-w-2x-xc5-0-batteries-259-free-shipping

i got mine for 239 2 years ago but this is too good a deal to pass up for those in the market.

I’m guessing that’s probably because the new version is coming out this month. Same power but supposedly more efficient I heard.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2905 on: Jul 03, 2018, 06:56 PM »
STEAL!  You guys that wear an 8-9 regular shoe size, buy this!  Guys that wear 8 - 8.5 size will love them right at the get go.  Guys that wear 9s will have to wear them awhile before they feel good(not too snug).  Cheaper than I bought mine for if that tells you anything!
https://www.amazon.com/Baffin-Mens-Shackleton-Snow-Brown/dp/B004YGRC66/ref=pd_ybh_a_21?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=G7P1C14EXVBKPR50Z1XJ

Size 14.   Maybe not a steal, but a fantastic bargain!  https://www.amazon.com/Baffin-Mens-Eiger-Snow-Black/dp/B003HNN9UK/ref=pd_ybh_a_25?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=6XDJFDCAX1A7R7PZY336

DN

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2906 on: Jul 03, 2018, 09:08 PM »
It says size 10, but you say that even if you normally use size 9 it will be a bit tight. Correct?

Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2907 on: Jul 03, 2018, 10:18 PM »
Might be looking for a clam plate on top of boots! If anyone happens to find a decent deal on one!

Hay wolfpack check your pm box there a deal good till July 4 for a clam plate in it.. if you don't get it in time let me know I may have other discounts?? Towards one??

Offline laer0302

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2908 on: Jul 04, 2018, 12:57 AM »
Hay wolfpack check your pm box there a deal good till July 4 for a clam plate in it.. if you don't get it in time let me know I may have other discounts?? Towards one??

I've also been looking for a clam plate, but can't find one in stock anywhere. Do you know of somewhere that still has some?

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2909 on: Jul 04, 2018, 05:41 AM »
It says size 10, but you say that even if you normally use size 9 it will be a bit tight. Correct?

Yes, at least in my case.

DN

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.