Author Topic: Marquette Lower Harbor  (Read 13539 times)

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Can't get enough of the hardwater
Re: Marquette Lower Harbor
« Reply #60 on: Mar 05, 2009, 11:05 AM »
anyone seen the harbor lately? im down in GR fishing for spring break and would like to fish it a few times when i get back. i just heard a news report on the great lakes and they said superior is over 80% ice covered!

Offline Superior cisco

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Mar 05, 2009, 03:54 PM »
anyone seen the harbor lately? im down in GR fishing for spring break and would like to fish it a few times when i get back. i just heard a news report on the great lakes and they said superior is over 80% ice covered!

42 today............reope ning on the western half of the basin (HUGE Gaps and Cracks)..............likely a bit<80% now and winds on the way......Tread Lightly near Marquette/ Munising......... :-\

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #62 on: Mar 06, 2009, 08:05 AM »
well its still colder than here. fished in almost 60 degree weather yesterday with a sweatshirt. put the smack down on the gills but the ice is goin fast. hopefully theres still some ice in the harbor when i get back otherwise ill just go inland.

Offline green hornet

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Mar 12, 2009, 09:39 AM »
Tuesday I saw a couple guys fishing tip ups in close to the coast guard docks...ice looked to be solid there but looked sketch farther out. I would like to make it out there at least once more this year but we'll see how it goes.

Offline BiG ARN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #64 on: Mar 12, 2009, 11:21 AM »

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #65 on: Mar 17, 2009, 01:11 PM »
so does anyone know if i can get out on the harbor today? we fished it saturday and sunday but the ice was getting pretty saturated. i'd like to get out one more time before the ice is gone.

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #66 on: Mar 20, 2009, 01:20 AM »
i went and checked the haror today but the conditions were sketchy...... lots of open gaps on the shoreline and the ice was soft. I spudded out 30' or so and the ice was hard for the first 2-3" but the rest(4-5") was soft and busted through on the first hit. we might try and fish one more time if we get some cold weather.....but it might be time to head inland or try for some steelhead or cohos...

Offline IndIfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #67 on: Mar 25, 2009, 10:05 PM »
Fished lower this afternoon,,,,couple gaps on the harbor side,,,lake side was open,,,fished for an hour no bites

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.