Author Topic: Little Bay De Noc  (Read 9378 times)

Offline dbike988

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Little Bay De Noc
« Reply #60 on: Jan 23, 2012, 11:02 AM »
Is it raining over there????

It sure was yesterday!  My flags had so much ice on them that they were too heavy to spring up.

Offline Icefisher40

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missing the U.P
« Reply #61 on: Jan 23, 2012, 11:12 AM »
On the back of my ice suit there was a good inch of ice that had accumulated through the night last night. First time ever on the bay, I marked lots of fish, only managed one 17" at last light. Seemed as if the fish would come out and check out the jiggin raps, then swim away. Tried all sizes and colors, not much going. Still a good time, and I loved it up there. Can't wait till next year.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #62 on: Jan 23, 2012, 11:15 AM »
 Did you have your jig tipped with a minnow head??

Offline Icefisher40

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missing the U.P
« Reply #63 on: Jan 23, 2012, 03:41 PM »
No, I didn't tip them. Chris at Bay View told me he fished them plain, which was nice because it saved me a few dollars..lol

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #64 on: Jan 23, 2012, 04:51 PM »
  Tip'em and you will notice a difference.  Sometimes they want just the head and I have put a whole minnow on each treble to get them to strike, walleye's are not my expertice but I catch a few.

Offline dbike988

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Jan 23, 2012, 05:07 PM »
It was really slow for me too.  Had someone 50 yards from me limit out though.  Seemed to hit on tipups with walleye suckers more than jigs.

Offline berg285

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #66 on: Jan 23, 2012, 06:02 PM »
I don't usually tip my smaller raps anything smaller then #5s. The ones I had hit are crazy aggresive. I think it changes the action to much with a head on the smaller ones just my thoughts though  :tipup:

Offline Icefisher40

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missing the U.P
« Reply #67 on: Jan 23, 2012, 06:18 PM »
I also noticed I guy right next to bang a couple eyes on tip-ups with just 3" shiners on a plain treble.  All in all it was a good time, and can't wait to get back out (in about 350 days..)

Offline Dooger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #68 on: Jan 30, 2012, 11:09 PM »
Any new reports?

I fished it a week ago and did OK out of Gladstone...nothing great, but it was nice to be on new water!!!  Planning on coming back over in a few weeks.

Offline kjgmh

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #69 on: Jan 31, 2012, 10:45 AM »
  Spent the weekend fishing with Pinecreek Outfitters and our group did very well.  Two biggest fish where 11 and 10lbs, with 7 caught over 25".  There is large pressure crack running most of east shoreline on north end, we decided to use Vagabond access.  Had 15" of ice where whe checked on the north end.

Offline mazak730

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #70 on: Jan 31, 2012, 09:26 PM »
I'm Heading up there Thursday morning after work. 8hr drive for me. Never fished there. Hoping to do good

Offline Dooger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #71 on: Jan 31, 2012, 10:55 PM »
  Spent the weekend fishing with Pinecreek Outfitters and our group did very well.  Two biggest fish where 11 and 10lbs, with 7 caught over 25".  There is large pressure crack running most of east shoreline on north end, we decided to use Vagabond access.  Had 15" of ice where whe checked on the north end.

What type of depth etc.  I saw your report on another site too, just wondering where abouts you were N of the crack you speak of.  We were south of there most of the time, but fished the same general area one day for perch.

PM me if you want....

Offline berg285

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Feb 01, 2012, 09:36 PM »
Fished all day off the power plant near the esky river... slow in the morning and night hardly  marked any fish tonight  :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.