Author Topic: greenwood reservoir  (Read 11491 times)

Offline searcher

• IceShanty Rookie
greenwood reservoir
« on: Jan 28, 2009, 11:07 AM »
Been fishing out at greenwood and not doing so hot, couple crappie and a 10 inch bluegill. Anybody have some tips to help me out. thanks

Offline woody38

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: greenwood reservoir
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2009, 11:32 AM »
I have been there a few times and caught some walleye but bites are far between. so im in the same boat as you!

Offline tapsboy68

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2009, 09:56 PM »
in the summer by the culvert i know you can catch crappie. Caught a couple walleye and pike as well. in the winter i wouldnt know but i allways wanted to try it in winter

Offline searcher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2009, 09:59 AM »
headin out there today. u can drive a truck out there so i'm going exploring, theres 20in. of ice on that lake. just dont drive by the culvert, be in my blue shack if u see me stop by.

Offline tapsboy68

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2009, 04:25 PM »
tell me how you did out there.

Offline searcher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2009, 08:08 AM »
had the best day crappie fishing yesterday of my life, ended up with 27 slab crappie. i may be hooked on that lake for awhile :laugh:.
i was using waxies with glow shrimpo jigs, also caught a lot of them on white tube jigs.. i think it was one of those days that u could have put anything down there and caught a fish.

Offline haydo601

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2009, 12:37 PM »
Hey Searcher, would you mind telling everyone where abouts your fishing on the reservoir?

Offline searcher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 01, 2009, 09:17 PM »
i was fishin down the channel to the left, just before u get to where the lake opens back up. 22ft of water. the fishing was great

Offline referee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 07, 2009, 08:06 PM »
 Three of us out there today, dawn till 1. Set up in 25' I lost a slab at the hole right away, thought "Here we go!"  ...very slow ...marked some fish with very few takers. Some slush appearing.

Offline Rippenlips

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Is it a keeepeerrr???"
« Reply #9 on: Feb 13, 2009, 08:54 AM »
Hey searcher, i think its time to go get the jet ski ready so we can get back to the honey hole on greenwood, its lookn' a lil slushy, best time to be out there, it wouldnt be greenwood if it wasnt a challenge

Offline carsell2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 13, 2009, 04:19 PM »
2 1/2 hrs, 200 yards out from culvert.  wigglers, minnows, spikes and waxies.  One stinkin small perch.  Still nice day to be out though.  Oh ya, 5 inches of slush in some spots.
have what you want, but want what you have

Offline icedflies

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Mar 02, 2009, 05:10 PM »
Going out this weekend.. what's the report?

Offline woody38

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Mar 03, 2009, 08:15 PM »
i am headed there tomorrow. ill let you know how we make out.

Offline NW Iowa Fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 02, 2009, 04:37 PM »
Does the culvert completely freeze over in the winter?  I have a cabin up in that area and fish the res anytime we up just wonderin if it froze over or not. Thanks!!

Offline Super Yooper

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • When Hell Freezes Over... I'll Ice Fish There To!
« Reply #14 on: Dec 02, 2009, 07:52 PM »
Been fishing out at greenwood and not doing so hot, couple crappie and a 10 inch bluegill. Anybody have some tips to help me out. thanks

Yeah Crunkster..... Heres some advice, call me when you guys get Ice and I'll come up and show you how to catch em. Checked 49855 10-Day Forcast, you'll have ice soon! Pat and I may come up.

Had to check UP Ice Shanty to see if everyone was ready

Offline tapsboy68

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 20, 2009, 09:02 AM »
anyone been out on greenwood this year yet? Was thinking about going out this afternoon for some pike and crappie then trying at night for some walleyes.

Offline Rippenlips

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 24, 2009, 09:31 AM »
made the first trip of the winter to greenwood on sunday the 20th, ice 2" to 3" maybe 4" if ur lucky, slush 2" to 3", kinda scary out there lol couldnt sit in one spot for to long, fished from noon till 9, one eye and one pike both small, we couldnt make it to our honey hole for crappy and gills.

Offline tapsboy68

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Dec 24, 2009, 01:00 PM »
i figured the ice would be bad. Im going to try it on sunday i think. Dont know where to go on greenwood in the winter. just thinking of heading out there and punching a few holes and try

Offline woody38

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Dec 24, 2009, 10:12 PM »
really looking forward to getting out here. be sure to report ice conditions after your trip!

Offline NW Iowa Fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Dec 24, 2009, 11:01 PM »
Ya be sure to report ice conditions and the bite ill be up there for new years from nw iowa and want to do some fishin on the res.  any info would be greatly appreciated thanks and tight lines

Offline searcher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Dec 25, 2009, 08:40 AM »
went out to greenwood last sunday, the ice was pretty sketchy. walked pretty far out and punched a hole threw 1.5 to 2 in of ice. ended up going to and gettin a walleye and a hammerhandle

Offline NW Iowa Fisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Dec 25, 2009, 01:40 PM »
using what?

Offline woody38

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Dec 28, 2009, 08:46 PM »
Tapsboy, did you make it to greenwood?

Offline tapsboy68

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Dec 29, 2009, 06:07 AM »
nope went back up to my home town instead and fished. I was gunna head there yesterday morning, but the weather did not cooperate.

Offline Rippenlips

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Dec 29, 2009, 07:54 PM »
just fished greenwood tonight, not much action, not much ice, there about 3"  maybe 4" of clear ice with 2" slush with 3" of with ice on top of that. Where the snow is a little thicker cleared off a spot and there was maybe 4 inches of water on the ice befor i punched a hole maybe 3" of ice in some spots, i was there about a week and a half ago and it dosent seem to have made ice since then, just cant seem to find the fish there right now thier putting the slip on me.

Offline browning13

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Can't get enough of the hardwater
« Reply #25 on: Jan 04, 2010, 06:03 PM »
Fished greenwood on sunday and things were pretty slow. Ice is setting up nicely though. Little or no snow in most places and the ice was anywhere from 8-12"

Offline tapsboy68

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Jan 12, 2010, 02:23 PM »
has anyone been out on greenwood lately? Thinking about heading out there tomorrow morning and try for some eyes and crappies

Offline bigkerrdogg

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Jan 13, 2010, 09:07 AM »
has anyone been out on greenwood lately? Thinking about heading out there tomorrow morning and try for some eyes and crappies

I was out on Greenwood last Saturday for about 4 hours.  Flags with Northerns.  No luck on Crappie though.  Ice was 10-12" where I was fishing.  I was about 400-500 yards northwest of the boat landing.  Good luck.  Hope to hear good things.

Offline tapsboy68

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Jan 13, 2010, 12:56 PM »
i was on my way out there but i decided to go to shewitzers basin instead. Caught one pike and a few small crappies. Marked a lot of fish but couldnt get them to hit.

Offline eyehunter231

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Jan 13, 2010, 03:12 PM »
Hello, I'm going to Marquette this weekend to help a buddy move into his new apartment and then we are hoping to do some fishing on Sunday.  We are looking to go after some eyes but anything will do if it is biting.  This seems like one of the better places to go from what I've been reading.  Any suggestions on this lake or other lakes would be appreciated.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.