Author Topic: Humminbird Customer Service  (Read 1296 times)

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Humminbird Customer Service
« on: Oct 17, 2019, 08:31 PM »
Just an observation...I purchased a Humminbird Piranha Max fish finder a few years back that had a castable RSS
module that I only used a few times before the unit was put in “dry dock” in my office.
Fast forward to today...when I took the unit out to replace the batteries, I found out the RSS module had an internal, non-replaceable lithium battery. With no way to check if the battery was still good, I decided to contact Humminbird to order a replacement. After waiting on hold for several minutes, I decided to leave a call back number. This was at 12:00P.M., and I still haven’t got a call. In the meantime, I did an online chat requesting a part number for the module, and was told they were no longer available. I could either order a transducer with a 15’ cable, but there was no ice transducer got this unit. So here I sit with a fish finder with no options for use. I would think if Humminbird sold a product, they should have replacement parts. Their attitude was ambivalent in my opinion, and certainly not the kind of customer service one would expect from this company. I don’t think I will buy another Humminbird product. Rant over!
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Humminbird Customer Service
« Reply #1 on: Oct 18, 2019, 07:17 AM »
there is always an ice ducer available....unless you have the wireless only Pmax 30 or something. What is the part number of your fish finder?

video on how to replace the rss battery

Catchin' Fish

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 19, 2019, 01:47 PM »
matzilla,
I have the Piranha MAX 230. I also have the transducer with a suction cup that was included with the unit. Can I adapt that transducer for the ice hole, or do I need to get one specifically for the ice? Thanks!

Offline FishGut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Oct 19, 2019, 03:00 PM »
You can adapt your suction cup transducer to hang straight down by the cable using a couple zip ties.  If you really want a special one for the ice, the Humminbird XI 9 20 transducer will work in your unit -- about $75 online at Wally World
Nebraska certified Fishing Instructor

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 19, 2019, 04:09 PM »
I think I’ll wait until I get my toon up and running, and use it on there. Thanks Fish!

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 20, 2019, 07:57 PM »

Catchin' Fish

Offline FishGut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Oct 20, 2019, 09:47 PM »
Thanks Matzilla! -- that saved me from digging through old posts for a pic.
Nebraska certified Fishing Instructor

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.