Author Topic: salmon falls  (Read 653 times)

Offline No Trout Please

• Team IceShanty Regular
salmon falls
« on: Nov 27, 2015, 03:40 PM »
Does anyone know about ice fishing on Salmon Falls? I know some reservoirs have some decent access and some don't this one I just don't know! Also if there is decent perch, crappie, and walleye fishing? Im new to this sight but it has been very helpful so far!

Offline tbone4444

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: salmon falls
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2015, 06:59 PM »
I'm down with the no trout nickname! Salmon Falls Creek and Oakley both have walleye and perch but both have spotty ice most winters. SFCR has decent access to the backs bays which ice over sometimes but I've never heard of more than the occasional walleye pulled out. If CJ Strike (rarely) or Cascade have good ice, they are you're best bet for perch...Magic used to have great perch fishing but its been dead since they drew it down all the way to fix the dam a few years ago...might recover someday but I'm still waiting. Crappie and perch can be found in most of the reservoirs near Preston, but they have been spotty in recent years. Twin Lakes used to be the best of the bunch, but again it's been spotty, mostly bass and trout with occasional bluegill, perch or crappie. I heard a couple guys did well there last year but.....pray for ice at CJ Strike!

Offline ahunterboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2015, 09:19 PM »
last year there were maybe a few weeks with fish-able ice. The thickest I saw it was 7" of good ice. I was able to pull a limit of nice rainbows before the ice disappeared.
ahunterboy--- keep yer stick on the ice

Offline No Trout Please

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 29, 2015, 11:28 AM »
Thanks for the info I guess now it just depends on the weather! Good news is I saw a picture of Cascade yesterday and there was ice all the way out to Sugarloaf, granted it was just a skim but Ill take all we can get because last year was a real bummer! Your right about Strike if that would freeze over itd be awesome, but again it rarely does and the ice is always ify, it seems everywhere I go we just catch trout and im always on the hunt for panfish so I chose that name but I know theres a lot of people who do the same!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.