Author Topic: Notifications not working  (Read 2010 times)

Offline Just Steve

• Team IceShanty Regular
Notifications not working
« on: Oct 22, 2015, 06:52 PM »
I thought I had everything right when I signed in, but I do not get any notifications.....no PM's, no new posts even when I push the notify option. What do I need to do?

Not that I'll get a notification to anyone who posts help to this thread......   ;D

Offline RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Notifications not working
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22, 2015, 07:19 PM »
I don't have notifications on for this board to know if they are working or not, but is it possible they ended up in your spam folder?
I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess.

Offline Just Steve

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 22, 2015, 07:27 PM »
I keep checking my spam folder but nothing yet.

Thanks

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2015, 04:09 AM »
I have the same problem??????

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2015, 04:22 AM »
Just Steve, Blue Igloo  gentlemen go to your profiles click on either actions or modify . You should see the word notifications in one of these places. If you click on Notifications it opens a window you may have turned off this feature and not realized it until now you also can select how frequently you wish to receive Email notifications. I hope this helps out both of you sorry my explanation is not better still a rookie with computers and learning all of the features this website offers. (All clicks are "left click" )
Steve

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 08, 2015, 10:52 AM »
Thanks Steve!
I did have the "notifications" checked off but never realized that there were more notifications that needed to be checked off further down the page. Hope that solves my problem.
Blue Igloo  :tipup:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #6 on: Dec 08, 2015, 02:35 PM »
Glad I could be of some help to you Blue Igloo hopefully you will now get Email notifications. I was wondering why the Emails from Ice shanty were appearing among my other Emails. It is a handy feature since I'm on the site almost every day I turned off this feature and use the New Replies to your posts feature found under personal message alert.
Steve

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 09, 2015, 02:40 PM »
Well I waited 2 days and STILL got NO email notifications. That SUCKS as that feature worked fine on my old Windows computer but now I have a new MAC and I'm missing out on timely replies. I asked for help from Iceshanty in the past but nothing I tried works??? I'm losing faith. Member since 2004 and getting nowhere. I need a Mod or Scott to help me. They say the squeaky wheel gets the grease but that's not my style. ANYBODY LISTENING?
Blue Igloo  :tipup:

Offline Just Steve

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 16, 2015, 06:33 PM »
Still nothing, but thanks for trying to help Mr.Clean.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #9 on: Dec 21, 2015, 05:13 PM »
Sorry to hear you are still having problems Just Steve and Blue Igloo. You may want to contact a moderator or Ice Shanty administration.
Steve

Offline paper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 22, 2015, 09:25 AM »
Just throwing my hat into the ring as someone not getting notifications.

I signed up for instant notification when I set up my profile the day I joined, and I'm far from new to forums (I'm on about 20 and have been a super mod/Admin on a couple)

Normally with this version of forum there's a button to click on the upper right hand spot on the OP's first post in order to subscribe to posts you wish to watch, but I'm not even given this option.. The one other post that I've posted in has had several replies but I haven't gotten a notification. I get very little spam on my gmail but I check each and every one anyway..

Anyway, I'm just wondering if a button got clicked in the Admin's page to eliminate notification??  :-\

WEIRD...

I just looked at this now that I've posted to it and I was given the option to be notified.. I'll update if I get notifications.

And I just got a notification from another topic I'm subscribed to.. I'm guessing maybe it was due to me only having 1-2 posts.. Dunno, but everything seems to be working correctly for me.. Hope all is working for everyone else, too.
I like naps

Offline Uncle Al

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • STAND FOR THE FLAG, KNEEL FOR THE CROSS
« Reply #11 on: Jan 31, 2016, 11:42 AM »
I'm not getting any notifications for any of my last few posts. I've always gotten them before but all of a sudden they quit coming, Help.................. ...................... ....

Offline paper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 31, 2016, 12:29 PM »
Uncle Al,
I'm getting notifications so I'm replying to this to see if you get it.

If you do (or don't) let me know..
I like naps

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #13 on: Jan 31, 2016, 09:31 PM »
I don't get PM notification sent to me any more I did back in December but now I have to log on to shanty and see if I have a message any help would be appreciated

Offline Uncle Al

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Feb 02, 2016, 07:24 AM »
Uncle Al,
I'm getting notifications so I'm replying to this to see if you get it.

If you do (or don't) let me know..

I didn't get any notification to either of the last 2 posts. Thanks

Offline paper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Feb 02, 2016, 07:33 AM »
It must be one of your notification settings, as I got a notify email right away, just now.

I'd suggest checking what's checked in your settings? Dunno. I'm just a user here who's modded and admin' don other sites. If all looks correct give a shout at one of the mods and I'm sure they'll get it fixed. It's why they make the big bucks!! (I got a free sticker, once) :D
I like naps

Offline Uncle Al

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Feb 02, 2016, 07:37 AM »
thanks paper, when I post, usually I don't check the settings in "Attachments and other options" because it always says "Notify me of replies", and is always checked. But lately I have looked at it and it's always the same. Not sure of what other settings there are, or what to check. Thanks again

Offline paper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Feb 02, 2016, 07:42 AM »
The button is in your profile settings. I'm currently just using my phone as I'm traveling for work, or I'd give you a screen shot of where to click so you're notified by any post you reply to.

Shout at a mod. They'll set you straight.

I'm headed to Pine Bluff, AR for a day of work. You suppose they're ice fishing down there? :D
I like naps

Offline Uncle Al

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Feb 02, 2016, 07:46 AM »
I went to "My profile" and scrolled to the bottom where it says "Current Board Notifications", and it says You aren't receiving notifications on any boards right now. what's up with that?. I'll contact a mod.
As for fishing in AR, if the weather is anything like it is here in Michigan, they are. Our ice on Saginaw bay blew out over the weekend, and the river ice is going away fast. Our season may be done, and I haven't even drilled a hole this year, bummer.

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #19 on: Feb 04, 2016, 07:22 AM »
k I still have to long in to see if I have any PM sent to me so any help would be great thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.