Author Topic: Ice Auger question  (Read 3465 times)

Offline hooknhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Ice Auger question
« Reply #30 on: Jan 09, 2018, 09:51 AM »
About the noise issue.

I have found that the noise sometimes seems to stimulate a bite. On rare occasions I have thought that perhaps the noise was bad. I think it largely depends on the moods of the fish (if they have moods and feelings) as to whether the noise is a negative or a positive. I do feel like in shallow water it is more of a negative, and in deeper water it is more of a positive. 

Just my 2 cents.

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Jan 09, 2018, 01:36 PM »
Agree . Silicon the bolt holes .
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline MT_mulies

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Aim high, Miss High"
« Reply #32 on: Jan 10, 2018, 10:57 AM »
I'm hijaking this thread for just a second since it has already been hijacked about auger noise. There was a conversation about auger noise back in November about ice auger noise. I have attached the link. I hope it works for everyone.

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=349024.msg3716933#msg3716933

Anyway back to the topic after I replaced my fuel tank and fuel line my mako runs like a champ. Its a good auger and everything has its pros and cons. Get what makes you happy, and if it doesn't make you happy in the long run sell it and get something till it does. Ive made lots of purchases after extensive research for what suited me best. And after a while it isn't what I wanted so I sold it and got something else. If your not evolving and failing either you've found the perfect set up for you or your not trying hard enough haha.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.