The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: hit up poison creek today  (Read 1163 times)

Offline sgpitman

• Team IceShanty Regular
hit up poison creek today
« on: Dec 08, 2010, 09:31 PM »
Sloooowwwwwwww........ went out today with jopes and his wife. There was 1 other person on the ice with us and with rods and tip ups on the ice we only caught 1 fish, but I did catch my first ling. Man are they a cool looking fish and lots of fun to catch. Was about 25 inches. Other then that the day was realy slow.

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: hit up poison creek today
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2010, 09:56 PM »
hole after hole after hole after hole of nothing..  3 flags and totally fishless.  :(
Don

Offline sgpitman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 08, 2010, 09:58 PM »
On the brighter side, jopes new toy cut a real nice hole,  realy fast.

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 08, 2010, 10:04 PM »
On the brighter side, jopes new toy cut a real nice hole,  realy fast.

that it did.  That is after I stopped flooding it out when I was trying to start it   :D  on the flipside I think I got a bum Showdown.  the 20 degree transducer on it did not work very well.
Don

Offline duckman111

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 08, 2010, 10:42 PM »
well atleast your auger started.. first time for my ol reliable jiffy to let me down. good thing the ice was only 5 or six inches thick. it did start for me later in the day. I ended up with one walleye one sauger and two ling all  nice sized fish. got the last three right at dark.

Offline AJL

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 08, 2010, 11:31 PM »
that it did.  That is after I stopped flooding it out when I was trying to start it   :D  on the flipside I think I got a bum Showdown.  the 20 degree transducer on it did not work very well.
is that a new showdown with the updated software?  Mine works better than great.  My brother has the one with the older software and its like night and day.  He just sent his off for the update after he saw the difference.
Wishn 4 Fishn

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 08, 2010, 11:33 PM »
yes it is the 5.6 dual beam, brand new this year and it was the first time out with it.
Don

Offline AJL

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 08, 2010, 11:45 PM »
yes it is the 5.6 dual beam, brand new this year and it was the first time out with it.
haven't tried the dual beam. Mine is the last year single beam. What do you think is wrong.  I had my interference setting at about half and sensitive setting the same.  I could see a pee size air bubble come from the bottom at 13' to the top.  I believe the single beam is a 20 degree
Wishn 4 Fishn

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Dec 08, 2010, 11:47 PM »
I had to turn the sensitivity all the way up to see jigs on the 20 degree.  I was only in 12 feet of water.
Don

Offline AJL

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 08, 2010, 11:53 PM »
I had to turn the sensitivity all the way up to see jigs on the 20 degree.  I was only in 12 feet of water.
need to turn down the noise/interference setting n go from there.  I almost always have to adjust the two settings when I move from different depth etc.  I hated it the first time out and now love it..  hang in there it is the bomb. I'm a techy and wouldn't even try a flasher. Oh yes I did..  main reason. I can go three days 12 hours a day and no need to recharge. Spare batteries are $15.  Let's see a flasher do that..  I could go on but I'd open a can of worms.  :P

Wishn 4 Fishn

Offline WYeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishoholic
« Reply #10 on: Dec 09, 2010, 10:38 AM »
Had pretty much the same problem as Jopes on a brand new dual beam. Used for the first time last Sun. 8 degree cone works great 20 degree not so much. Could see nothing smaller than a 1oz weight on the 20 degree with the sens maxed out to see that. Adjusting the noise level had no affect.

Contacted their service department and they have sent out a new transducer. Hope that fixes it :(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.