Author Topic: Calling All Lure Makers.... Wounded Warrior Program(posted in general chit chat)  (Read 904 times)

Offline neveruminda

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Owe No Man Anything...
This is simply a probe to understand if any of you proud shanty members would be interested in creating lures, one time or occasionally, for disabled vets being introduced to fishing here in Colorado and elsewhere.  The prevalent species here remains by design of the DOW - Trout

One of our own Shanty members donated some lures to my friend Stewart, a disabled vet, and they are nothing short of AMAZING.  It became the impetus to expand this beyond one person in order to help as many as I and others are willing to! 

I've sent out a few emails (10+) yesterday seeking contacts of those working in the fishing programs with vets.  Here in Colorado Springs we have the Air Force and Army represented well.  There are many returning here beat up in Spirit, Soul, and Body - I am going to give back to them.  How about you?

Ping me to let me know of your interest and also your contact information (name and phone # only).  I will update you as this evolves into something good.  Hopefully the shanty mods will align themselves with this as well...how about an annual vote on best of class lures provided to vets?

Here's one such organization that I reached out to: http://www.warriorsandquietwaters.org/
Please take time to watch the 17 minute video at the bottom of the page
Also reached out to Ft Carson contacts I know already.  They just finished fly tying class there on Carson during Jan, Feb

COLORADO SPRINGS, CO TOP EMPLOYERS
#   Employer                          Percentage of County Employment
1   Fort Carson                           10.18%
2   Peterson Air Force Base             4.95%
3   United States Air Force Academy     2.77%
4   Schriever Air Force Base             2.55%
Owe No Man Anything...

Offline Don In Denver

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Let 'em go! Let 'em grow!
I pour some jig heads from time to time.  I would be happy to donate some.

Offline neveruminda

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Owe No Man Anything...
I pour some jig heads from time to time.  I would be happy to donate some.

Thanks Brother!   Sent you a pm
Owe No Man Anything...

Offline Don In Denver

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Let 'em go! Let 'em grow!
Thanks Brother!   Sent you a pm

I got it, but I haven't found the other thread you were talking about.  Link??

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.