The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Any luck yet?  (Read 7876 times)

Offline Gezzah

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Any luck yet?
« Reply #30 on: Dec 17, 2007, 07:42 AM »
I fished Carmi yesterday from 7.30am to 1pm in the snow and wind.... Caught two huge Perch and a really scrawny Pike about 30 inches.... Had a few other flags but overall things were slow. ALso went to Monkton pond on Saturday afternoon and didn't get a bite.
"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley."

Offline METOVT

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Maine to Vermont & Back
« Reply #31 on: Dec 17, 2007, 08:00 AM »
I fished Carmi yesterday from 7.30am to 1pm in the snow and wind.... Caught two huge Perch and a really scrawny Pike about 30 inches.... Had a few other flags but overall things were slow. ALso went to Monkton pond on Saturday afternoon and didn't get a bite.

How much ice at Carmi?

Offline Gezzah

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Dec 17, 2007, 08:10 AM »
The ice is pretty bad and it was lucky we had a chisel to test where we were walking, there would be a good 6 inches at least in some spots and then in one spot the chisel went right through.... I think a lot of people are going to go through this year with the varying amounts of ice around. Watch for the wet spots you can see from the state park boat ramp that is where it is sketchy. Will be sticking to the small ponds and bays until Trout season starts. 
"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley."

Offline Smada_Evad

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I fish Therfore I am
« Reply #33 on: Dec 17, 2007, 10:43 AM »
Fished both days this weekend...tough fishing weather wise....cold and wind out of the east. 

Fished Northerns on the south end of the sandbar on saturday till 1 or so.  Only one flag...just wind i think...no fish and good bait movement.  Fished on about 6 inches out to about 4 inches...open water was only 100 yrds away. 

Moved up to St. A bay in front of the bay store, fished till dark for perch, caught 25 or so 6 - 10 inch fish, enough to eat that night...good ice..6 inches or so.

Sunday fished west side of St. A bay about 1/3rd of the way up the bay from the bridge... fished on 4 inches till about 2 when the ice started to sink due to the weight of the snow.   No fish for me on sunday.

I am fishin for northerns...or anything that bites...using big shiners from dockside.  Bait looked great, lots of life and stayed active all day.  Good size too had bait from 4 - 6 inches in size. 

Low fish numbers for the opening weekend but it was still nice to get out... Hopefully this snow will blow off and we can get out on to more places for this week/weekend.

Tight lines

DA

Tight Lines and Full Buckets

Offline fishstalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Dec 17, 2007, 02:53 PM »
Nice to hear some of us are getting out!

Offline walleyescooter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Dec 20, 2007, 03:30 PM »
good to see that people from Australia don't mind the cold! Welcome to VT

What did you limit out on?? Pike?

Offline fishn freak13

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Dec 24, 2007, 11:15 AM »
got out on st. catherine yesterday for a couple hours with 2-3 inches of ice......called it quites early with the warm weather the ice was pretty sketchy but fiinished with a dozen perch and a 22 inch brown

Offline TRT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Trout/Salmon
« Reply #37 on: Dec 24, 2007, 09:21 PM »
Hey Walleye scooter how did you an Jared do on Carmi Sat?

What is Jared's ice shanty name ?  Charlie can't wait to fish.
Going crazy.. Merry Christmas

Offline Gezzah

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Dec 25, 2007, 07:36 AM »
TRT I am Jared.... We caught about half a dozen small ones.... It was still an interesting day though watching some poor bloke's ATV go through the ice!!

Offline TRT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Trout/Salmon
« Reply #39 on: Dec 25, 2007, 10:38 AM »
Hey Jared look forward to fishing with you soon. I hear Keelers is frozen over an look forward
to trying that once the ice gets a little better. Maybe by the weekend.

Offline Gezzah

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Dec 26, 2007, 06:00 AM »
So who is this?? Charlie tip up??

Offline 1sttimefisher

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Best way to a fisherman's <3 is through his fly"
« Reply #41 on: Dec 27, 2007, 11:33 PM »
Has anyone been out on Lake Champlain yet? or is the lake not safe enough yet?  ???

Offline Little Brown Dog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • My fishing partner
« Reply #42 on: Dec 28, 2007, 06:19 AM »
Has anyone been out on Lake Champlain yet? or is the lake not safe enough yet?  ???

There is ice on the Southern end of the lake and some of the northern bays.  Lot's of posts in the Reports section.

"My biggest worry is that when I die, my wife will sell all of my ice fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it"

Offline ice hound

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Thats one for the dinner table.
« Reply #43 on: Dec 28, 2007, 09:11 PM »
St. Albans Bay has had enough ice. I went out a couple days ago and was on 4-5". Slow bite though.
If the ice never melted I'd never leave.

Offline TRT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Trout/Salmon
« Reply #44 on: Dec 29, 2007, 06:19 AM »
Hey Jared, yes this is Charlie tip up. You guys fishing Carmi this weekend?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.