IceShanty Main > General Ice Fishing Chit Chat

Ice fishing baitcasting reel....

<< < (2/5) > >>

Iceassin:
No interest here  :-\

missoulafish:
plenty of smaller bait casters out there...
Id buy 5 of them before a single in line reel :)

bart:
I like a baitcaster for Lakers. I have a Abu Garcia Pro Max that fit my hand well, good line capacity and does double duty during the open-water season.

slipperybob:
I bugged Shimano about it for years.... LOL.  They know that there's not a profit to go for.

They have the tooling and designed all done, just that they only made very expensive models done.  No one is gonna pay In excess of $400 for an ice reel.

Previous reels that suits ice fishing style were, the Calcutta 50, Chronarch 50.  Current models like Curado 70, Aldebaran MGL 50, or Aldebaran BFS.

13 fishing has been the most responsive to the ice fishing market.  I'm sure they will be the first company to try a real ice fishing bait casting reel.  Not counting that tear dropped of a reel.  That was one heavy clunker.

Agronomist_at_IA:

--- Quote from: bart on Sep 23, 2018, 06:59 PM ---I like a baitcaster for Lakers. I have a Abu Garcia Pro Max that fit my hand well, good line capacity and does double duty during the open-water season.
(Image removed from quote.)

--- End quote ---

Lol....that is the same reel I have on my St. Croix bait caster ice Rod. I use it when big pike come around.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version