The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Last Trip To WG... Next? Time For Some Crappy Catchin’!  (Read 1045 times)

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
Sunday was slow as death. I did fish a few places I haven’t before. Just these two togue, a smaller one and a 15 inch salmon. Could not find a whitefish anywhere.
Wasn’t sure where to go this morning with the wind shaking the cabin when I got moving. Talking to John at Canal Side he offered me use of his shack off Munson Island. Sounded like the right answer!! When I got there the fish where there! Lots of chasers that wouldn’t bite. Changed lures. That was the answer. Caught three whitefish. a small laker and a few smelt. Lost a couple whites and had a few more hits. About 9, things shut off except for smelt pecking at the jig. Got all packed up around 11 and made one more drop before heading off. The little jig brought up a nice laker from the bottom. Nice fight for about ten minutes. Had it up in the hole and saw the 5mm jig just holding on to a piece of meat between the teeth and outer jaw. Hook popped out. Nice way to end the morning!

This one showed up eyeing my whitefish. Got pretty close. Need to bring my bring my regular camera. Phone just doesn’t do it. I tossed it the rest of the sucker i was using for cut bait and a few dead smelt. Seems pretty hungry.
"You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear and that’s kind of the same thing.” 

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Last Trip To WG... Next? Time For Some Crappy Catchin’!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2018, 07:07 PM »
Looked like my friend moved down east!!!

Offline franklin fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2018, 05:02 AM »
  Nice ones.  Good to see you got on the Whites.

Offline moosehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2018, 06:46 AM »
good fishin there. I envy you

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
« Reply #4 on: Mar 06, 2018, 07:18 AM »
good fishin there. I envy you

Crappies up your way next weekend! Wanna join me?  :icefish:
"You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear and that’s kind of the same thing.” 

Offline moosehunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 06, 2018, 07:43 AM »
lol would love too but im in mass now. no ice down here left and we got another northeaster barring down on us again

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.