Author Topic: New SD member  (Read 7099 times)

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Top 5 Pike:14-5,15-5,15-10,17-0,18-4, 2B cont.
New SD member
« on: Oct 23, 2008, 09:05 PM »
Hey ice dudes! Just want to say hello to all of the sd anglers out there. I'm new to this site, but it is going to be fun to watch it all winter. Everybody ready to hit sheridan and stockade?

Offline holehopper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Me and Dave Genz
Re: New SD member
« Reply #1 on: Oct 23, 2008, 09:23 PM »
Welcome aboard! 
Never Stop Never Stopping

Offline MookieB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 23, 2008, 09:36 PM »
Welcome aboard!!! Where at in South Dakota??? My wife is from Pierre. We live in Wyoming, but I'm going to try to get over there this year for some ice fishing. Alrighty, well tight lines and have a great day. Mooks

Offline poot_818

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 23, 2008, 11:56 PM »
hey nice to hear theres more sd people on here now days...im from yankton originally but for right now im livin in mitchell for school...only until may then im out of here!if you have buddies tell them to join...i told a few kids last year and i will for sure tell a lot more kids to this year!

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 24, 2008, 06:05 PM »
Welcome aboard!!! Where at in South Dakota??? My wife is from Pierre. We live in Wyoming, but I'm going to try to get over there this year for some ice fishing. Alrighty, well tight lines and have a great day. Mooks
Hope I'm doing this right. Thank you for the welcome! Makes me feel at home. I live 10 miles outside Rapid City about 6 miles from Sheridan Lake, which is one of the best perch fisheries on our side of the river. We don't have as many lakes as the east river folks, but what we have in this area is good quality.

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 24, 2008, 06:11 PM »
hey nice to hear theres more sd people on here now days...im from yankton originally but for right now im livin in mitchell for school...only until may then im out of here!if you have buddies tell them to join...i told a few kids last year and i will for sure tell a lot more kids to this year!
Thanks man. I will tell as many people as I can, but I don't expect my main fishin buddy to join. He doesn't talk much, just kind of grunts and hauls em in.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Nov 14, 2008, 03:42 PM »
Hope I'm doing this right. Thank you for the welcome! Makes me feel at home. I live 10 miles outside Rapid City about 6 miles from Sheridan Lake, which is one of the best perch fisheries on our side of the river. We don't have as many lakes as the east river folks, but what we have in this area is good quality.
i've been perching up around buffalo on the wyo side but plan on heading to pactola for a shot at some lake trout... maybe i can swing by sheridan lake someday and bring lunch/beverages!  ;D

Offline InSearchOfPerch

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Nov 14, 2008, 05:56 PM »
Welcome to the forum guys...cant wait to start drilling.

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 16, 2008, 09:02 PM »
i've been perching up around buffalo on the wyo side but plan on heading to pactola for a shot at some lake trout... maybe i can swing by sheridan lake someday and bring lunch/beverages!  ;D
Sorry so late getting back to this, but yes, anytime you feel like wetting a line this way just let me know and I will let you know where I'll be.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 17, 2008, 03:47 PM »
Sorry so late getting back to this, but yes, anytime you feel like wetting a line this way just let me know and I will let you know where I'll be.
thanks royjulius...

Offline waterbeater

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The harder the better
« Reply #10 on: Nov 24, 2008, 09:30 PM »
Welcome aboard. It's always good to get another West River Boy on here. I live 100 miles northeast of Rapid and fish mainly stock dams. Keep us informed on your Hills conditions.
Waterbeater out!<br />

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #11 on: Nov 25, 2008, 03:57 PM »
Welcome. I'm in Aberdeen. I took my portable out of my drop down house this afternoon and threw it in the back of my pickup. Three pulls and the auger was running like a champ. All I need now is for the ice to get thick enough for an old fat guy.  ;)
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #12 on: Nov 27, 2008, 04:38 PM »
Roy Julius,
   Welcome from Southeast New York (near West Point/USMA). I have been in your area visited Deadwood,Mnt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse memorials. I have relatives in Casper Wyoming.

Steve

Offline FIREWATER

• IceShanty Rookie
  • FISH TO LIVE LIVE TO FISH
« Reply #13 on: Nov 29, 2008, 01:27 PM »
Welcome
I was just up in North Dakota the other day and saw guys on the ice with 4 wheelers. I've got the bug to get out now. Already have plans for a trip to Lake of the Woods Mn in January.

Offline Waubay Fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Nov 29, 2008, 05:20 PM »
Welcome Roy!  You live around God's country eh!  I love it out in the Hills; absolutely beautiful area to be!!!

I, like everyone here I'm sure, have the itch so bad to get out on the ice that I can taste it!  The SE part of the state has some safe walkable ice it sounds, from what I've read briefly online, although I'm kind of waiting to head North to my stomping grounds.

Good luck this year Roy and welcome again to IS - it's a wonderful place to idle your time when you're not out fishing  :D.

Offline Kilroy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 01, 2008, 03:31 PM »
I have some friends out in Rapid City, would like to make it out there and do a little fishing this Winter, that is a real beautiful area to be from. Welcome to the Ice Shanty.

Kilroy
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-9/382548/TeamSDlogo1-1.jpg

If It Smells Like Fish And Tastes Like Fish.......It Just Might Be Fish.

Kilroy Was Here ~~~o00o~(_)~o00o~~~

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Dec 06, 2008, 06:09 PM »
  Thank you all for the wonderful words and welcomes. I made it out to Stockade Lake up by Custer today. Its 7 inches thick!!! (near the shoreline) All of my gear performed like it should, and I fished in my new Scout flipover for the first time. Great to be out again! :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Dec 07, 2008, 08:23 PM »
  Thank you all for the wonderful words and welcomes. I made it out to Stockade Lake up by Custer today. Its 7 inches thick!!! (near the shoreline) All of my gear performed like it should, and I fished in my new Scout flipover for the first time. Great to be out again! :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
and the results were...?

Offline nodakbassmaster

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #18 on: Dec 14, 2008, 11:11 PM »
sounds like by next weekend nearly everywhere will be fishable... to bad I won't be able to go... maybe monday...

Welcome! Another Hills member here...  8) :tipup:
-Richard

Not enough ice or time... not necessarily in that order.

Offline BIG FOOT

• IceShanty Rookie
  • caching fish, one jig at a time
« Reply #19 on: Dec 18, 2008, 07:40 PM »
welcome its good to have more people from the Black Hills i am from Custer welcome :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline TheRo0sTer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Dec 18, 2008, 11:23 PM »
Welcome to the site! How's the ice back in SD? I'm currently deployed and missing some fishing I'm sure? I prefer fishing Pactola for Bows and Lakers. I have a blast all over though.
Anthony

Offline nodakbassmaster

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #21 on: Dec 19, 2008, 09:11 PM »
Hey Bido! Colder than a witches you know what! 'Spose to be around -30* average all weekend! At this rate we'll have plenty of ice when you get back! Take care! ;)
-Richard

Not enough ice or time... not necessarily in that order.

Offline Outdoors_Junkie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Jan 02, 2009, 11:56 AM »

I am new to this site too.  I live in spearfish.  Anyone else from around the area?

Offline skidmark

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Jan 08, 2009, 09:24 PM »
Eastern half of the state here.  We will have to show you west river boys how it is really done. ;D

Offline BucksNDucks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Mar 22, 2009, 01:50 PM »
Welcome to the site hope to see you soon keep in touch!!!
See ya on the ice!!! Go Packers!!!

Offline JCaughtem

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Someday I will have a record fish!
« Reply #25 on: Nov 05, 2009, 09:47 AM »
welcome.

Offline BucksNDucks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Dec 03, 2009, 04:28 PM »
welcome to the site maybe see ya around