Author Topic: Roosters, Scheels & Cabelas in Rapid?  (Read 2626 times)

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Roosters, Scheels & Cabelas in Rapid?
« on: Oct 17, 2011, 01:23 PM »
Thinking of a run to RC tomorrow if someone can confirm the ice gear is out yet. Thanks

Offline Big Al 1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Roosters, Scheels & Cabelas in Rapid?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2011, 04:17 PM »
I checked scheels and cabelas for ice gear. Both have ice huts, augers, and some rods out. Both said they would be setting up more stuff every day. Neither had any jigs out. I have never heard of Roosters what is it and where?

Offline oyler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 17, 2011, 04:31 PM »
I was able to set up another "ice fishing days" at the Cabelas here, so if you want to wait until the 12th of Nov, there will be lots of stuff set out then.  I have reps from StrikeMaster, Vexilar, Cold Snap, Clam, Aqua Vu, Jiffy, Recycled Fish.  And am working on getting a few more.  Rooster has some ice gear out all year long, I haven't checked to see if they got the bulk of their stuff out yet though.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 17, 2011, 05:48 PM »
Thanks Oyler!  I'm looking at the Eskimo Fatfish for when I can talk a friend into hitting the ice with me, and new laker rod/reel.

Offline oyler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 17, 2011, 06:38 PM »
Jeez, I don't know how I forgot, but there will also be a guy from Iceaholics Anonymous there displaying the 2011-2012 rod of the year along with a few other rods built by Adam Bricker of Brickers Custom Rods

Offline nbaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 05, 2011, 09:13 PM »
I was in Scheels and Cabelas this afternoon, both have there ice gear out.  I don't think either has all there stuff out but they have a pretty good bit out.  Going to stop back in for the "ice days" next weekend.

Offline ianripken

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 06, 2011, 09:18 AM »
Wish I could make it out for ice days, but can't justify a trip out there, come home, turn around and go back out to my folks for thanksgiving. Guess I'll just have to stock up then.

Offline oyler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 06, 2011, 11:23 AM »
Where are you comin from Ianripken?

Offline ianripken

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 06, 2011, 02:43 PM »
Redfield

Offline oyler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 06, 2011, 04:30 PM »
Not sure if your familiar with the dakota angler ice institute, but that will be happening the following friday and saturday 18th and 19th at the crooks community center. Its 2 days of speakers and seminars. All of the major companies in the industry will be represented. Great speakers this year too. Jason Mitchell is one of them.

Offline ianripken

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 06, 2011, 11:05 PM »
Thanks for the info. I think I heard about that last year- wasn't their first one last year or relatively new?
Anyway, might have to make a day of it and send the wife into SF for a while. We'll see how quickly the calendar gets filled between now and then.

Offline JakeSD

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Nov 09, 2011, 10:44 AM »
I'll be out that way deer hunting this year. I'm def gonna stop by and check out the event. :)
We ask a simple question
And that is all we wish:
Are fishermen all liars?
Or do only liars fish?

Offline oyler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Nov 09, 2011, 07:02 PM »
Hope to see you all at Cabelas on Saturday!  We will be there from 9 till 4 or 5 depending on the crowd.  I did a lot of pushing with Cabelas, and they said that this is the most inventory they have ever had at this store, so hopefully they will have something for everyone.

Offline Fillet

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Nov 09, 2011, 07:24 PM »
Nice work Oyler. It would be nice to have a one stop shop for ice gear. It seems like I always hit all three every couple weeks during ice. Maybe thats just a personal issue!  ;D

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Nov 09, 2011, 08:27 PM »
Wife and I are planning on making the trip over Friday night and grabbing a room at the Holiday when I get home from work. Hopefully she just "drops me off" while she goes and does her thing. Wonder who may spend more.....??? Hmmmmmm....

Offline TheRo0sTer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Nov 10, 2011, 02:25 PM »
Hope to see you all at Cabelas on Saturday!  We will be there from 9 till 4 or 5 depending on the crowd.  I did a lot of pushing with Cabelas, and they said that this is the most inventory they have ever had at this store, so hopefully they will have something for everyone.

Do you work there?
Anthony

Offline oyler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Nov 10, 2011, 03:45 PM »
No, I rep for a couple ice fishing companies though. I just set this up because I think West river is overlooked when it comes to ice fishing events.

Offline Trout-slayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Nov 11, 2011, 04:48 PM »
Agree about West River being left out.  Need a few more frozen tournaments out here.  Rooster got your gear ready yet?  Got all my stuff out, cleaned and ready for the ice season.  Too bad it was 68 degrees today!
There are two things in life you can't live without.  Fishing and women.  Well, atleast 1 thing in life you can't live without...

Offline nbaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Nov 11, 2011, 11:43 PM »
Well I was going to check out the event, but I'll be at work... Just my luck, hopefully I can get finished up before ya'll shut down.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Nov 12, 2011, 11:25 PM »
A quick note... Was able to meet Oyler and royjuilus at the Cabela's Ice Fishing Day earlier today and that alone was worth the trip over to RC. Cold Snap Outdoors was there and unfortunately the Cold Snap Cover I had intended on purchasing for my Strike-Lite II wasn't carried by Cabela's,  and I was given a 20% discount code so it and some of the Reel Wrap kits could be ordered. An Eskimo Fatfish wasn't displayed either although a number of Clam flipovers and other popup shelters were set up.

Ended up leaving with a new 32" St Croix rod for some lake trout excursions to Pactola this season, and HT Ice Rigger and a Clam Anchor kit for the Pro TC. Oyler is a great rep for Strikemaster and Cold Snap, and royjulius was kind enough to share a few pike fishing tips with me. I certainly hope to meet up with them, and some of the rest of the SD members too, on the ice this year.

Thanks Oyler for setting up the Ice Fishing Day, but the wife did spend more than I did by the time we got out of RC!  ;D

* Did get a forum name change recently as well!

Offline Fillet

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Nov 13, 2011, 03:46 AM »
I brought a couple buddies by around 3:30 but we must have missed the action. Tough to make it in early on opening west river deer. Next year though!!!

Offline oyler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Nov 14, 2011, 01:39 PM »
It was good to meet all of you guys that showed up.  Unfortunately Cabelas didn't do the advertising or promoting that I feel they should have done, so the turnout wasn't all that great.  I'm really glad I mentioned something on here, or it would have been a total bust. ;) 

Offline TheRo0sTer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Nov 17, 2011, 08:32 AM »
Agree about West River being left out.  Need a few more frozen tournaments out here.  Rooster got your gear ready yet?  Got all my stuff out, cleaned and ready for the ice season.  Too bad it was 68 degrees today!

Dude I cleaned my shack out last month in hopes it would get cold sooner. Do need to buy a new batter for the sonar.
Anthony

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.