Author Topic: Newfound Circus Season 2018  (Read 71907 times)

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
Re: Newfound Circus Season 2018
« Reply #420 on: Feb 22, 2018, 09:43 PM »
Hey guys. My intention was to head up for the derby this weekend, but now have to work Saturday. So Sunday it is, bright and early.
Does anyone know if I can still get a Derby ticket first thing Sunday morning at headquarters, or does it have to be purchased before the derby starts??
Id like to get up there and setup WELL before dawn, then shoot over to the trailer to grab a ticket. Just seeing if that's legit or not.
Either way, I'll make a donation to a great cause, looking forward to great day on Newfound.
Thanks for any insight on this.
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline TogueRogue

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #421 on: Feb 22, 2018, 10:24 PM »
Not sure about getting tickets on Sunday but if your setup includes putting traps in then be aware that leaving traps unattended is illegal even if for a short period of time...plus putting your traps in prior to buying a ticket would technically be fishing for fish you intend to put in the derby and this would not be legit and unethical....just saying...

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #422 on: Feb 22, 2018, 10:49 PM »
Not sure about getting tickets on Sunday but if your setup includes putting traps in then be aware that leaving traps unattended is illegal even if for a short period of time...plus putting your traps in prior to buying a ticket would technically be fishing for fish you intend to put in the derby and this would not be legit and unethical....just saying...
No, I'm totally aware of the rules and laws.
I just meant I was getting to my spot early and the hub setup and stuff. Then blast over to HQ, give my donation for a ticket so I could get in on the derby action, then go get lines in.
My question was do they normally sell tickets on sunday, or only on Saturday at the beginning of derby(meaning, is there a cutoff point). I usually can get them ahead  of time and don't have to worry about it, that's why I'm unsure of the answer.
Thanks for the heads though.
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Offline Mascoma

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #423 on: Feb 23, 2018, 05:19 AM »
 I read in the rules/prizes pamphlet registration is till 1pm Saturday.

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #424 on: Feb 23, 2018, 06:02 AM »
I read in the rules/prizes pamphlet registration is till 1pm Saturday.
Thank you very much Mascoma.
That's all I needed to know.

Offline YT125

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #425 on: Feb 23, 2018, 06:16 AM »
They might be able to have one ready for you at Newfound Trading? That we you would already be registered.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #426 on: Feb 23, 2018, 07:51 PM »
2/23/2018

Last night was just about perfect. No or low wind and cold. Had to bring in the bait to keep from freezing. Quiet except for the sound of the air raiders.
No cusk.

Woke up early and was planning to lay around till 7 am but at 6 am the rattle reel went off. From there it never stopped. Even had to Multi tasked during my morning dump. Prior to, I was hobbling around like a Penguin turtle heading hoping they would take a break biting and give me 15 mins.
Ended the day with an epic personal best 25 Lakers. 2 cusk so far. 
I kidded around about not letting CH come out till I hit 100 for the season. She came out when I hit 99 and was there to see me get # 100. Up to 110 for the season so far now.

CH managed to pull up 5 today. No camera. 

Today was a PJ’s day.

Weather wise it started out cloudy and warmed up to 34f. The started to sleet and rain. Raining now.

Laker Taker ended his day w 17 Lakers.

Epic day. Tomorrow we drop the camera.

Good luck every one attending the derby.

Be safe.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #427 on: Feb 23, 2018, 08:00 PM »
2/23/2018

Last night was just about perfect. No or low wind and cold. Had to bring in the bait to keep from freezing. Quiet except for the sound of the air raiders.
No cusk.

Woke up early and was planning to lay around till 7 am but at 6 am the rattle reel went off. From there it never stopped. Even had to Multi tasked during my morning dump. Prior to, I was hobbling around like a Penguin turtle heading hoping they would take a break biting and give me 15 mins.
Ended the day with an epic personal best 25 Lakers. 2 cusk so far. 
I kidded around about not letting CH come out till I hit 100 for the season. She came out when I hit 99 and was there to see me get # 100. Up to 110 for the season so far now.

CH managed to pull up 5 today. No camera. 

Today was a PJ’s day.

Weather wise it started out cloudy and warmed up to 34f. The started to sleet and rain. Raining now.

Laker Taker ended his day w 17 Lakers.

Epic day. Tomorrow we drop the camera.

Good luck every one attending the derby.

Be safe.

Holy mackerel! 25 lakers, 17 lakers 5 with no camera...you are the rock stars of catching lakers on Newfound! Why no cameras?? Just to challenge yourselves?
One medium cusk for us today...no lakers☹️
Good luck to all in the derby! We have our ticket!

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #428 on: Feb 23, 2018, 09:01 PM »
Jiggin...

Congrats on breaking the century mark.. what a season - and we are not even into March yet...

Good luck at the derby

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #429 on: Feb 23, 2018, 09:24 PM »

Offline saintonionis

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #430 on: Feb 24, 2018, 07:39 PM »
Any big ones out of all those lake trout? Either way that’s a great outing.

Offline redneckfisherman5

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #431 on: Feb 24, 2018, 07:55 PM »
Slow day today , saw a few bigger fish on camera and hooked into one and had it spit the hook . Blasted across the lake to visit with jiggin and watch him put on a clinic of catching lakers for about an hour and got to catch a beautiful newfound lake sunset! Back at it tomorrow

Trout -the real pink meat

Offline shamogan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #432 on: Feb 24, 2018, 08:42 PM »
Just wanted to say thanks to Newfound Circus for welcoming my research team and I onto the lake on Thursday! The help getting the gear out there was very much appreciated! We got some great data that will help me in the process of developing a new sonar method that makes a high resolution "acoustic core" of bottom sediments. 

Our high frequency system detected lots of fish out there! Hope the derby is going well! Good luck!

Cheers!

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #433 on: Feb 24, 2018, 09:45 PM »
Ended the day with an epic personal best 25 Lakers
:icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :flex: :clap:

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #434 on: Feb 25, 2018, 09:23 AM »
We gave up and called it quits this morning after checking cusk lines (empty) going to wait out the storm in front of the woodstove.

No derby prize for you Mowbizz and Shobizz! ☹️

Good luck to you diehards out there!
Hope someone from the circus makes some moola!

Offline YT125

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #435 on: Feb 25, 2018, 03:42 PM »
Great Nefound Derby... we did not have any success to speak of but enjoyed a great weekend.. 2 nights on the ice with great friends.. no fish but many stories.. PS: there are NO fish in Wellington Bay.. glad everyone had a good weekend!

Offline TogueRogue

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #436 on: Feb 25, 2018, 03:48 PM »
Does anyone have the final results of the AVFD Derby?...Anyone on the circus post anything on the board?...TR

Offline TogueRogue

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #437 on: Feb 25, 2018, 03:49 PM »
Does anyone have the final results of the AVFD Derby?...Anyone on the circus post anything on the board?...TR

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #438 on: Feb 25, 2018, 03:53 PM »
I believe I saw a nice looking 13 # + laker caught today or yesterday.
Nice derby fish!

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #439 on: Feb 25, 2018, 04:55 PM »
Ended the day with an epic personal best 25 Lakers

J, that is an awesome day ,congratz sir ! :thumbsup:

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #440 on: Feb 25, 2018, 05:03 PM »
02/24 & 02/25/2018

What a weekend! Stayed out in the bobhouse Thursday and just got home today. Didn't board any fish but caught quite a few.

Saturday i decided that i wanted to catch lakers on a jig stick. Did that till shortly after 1 pm and switch back over to the Motorvator and Smelt and it was non-stop action again. Ended the day with 9 Lakers and CH jigged up 4.

Then took a break and visited the Dark Side.

The night was peaceful until early morning when the wind picked up. Up at 3 am to deal with a small cusk and at 6 am my rattle reel went off with a laker and that started my day. Ended the today with 20 lakers and CH with 1 she jigged up. Was trying to beat 25 and if i hooked all that i missed, it would of been well over my PB. We eventually ran out of time.

The rest of the weekend was a blur but very relaxing, peaceful and full of lakers. Unfortunately most were around 16" with a few over 19". I am up to 139 lakers for the season so far & shooting now for 150 by the end of the season.

i believe the winning fish for the derby was a 13 lbs laker and then a cusk. I think Laker Taker got 3rd place for Cusk. Tippin got his laker bumped off the board.

Now time for a shower and the use of a flushable toilet. Looking forward to stretching out in my bed tonight.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #441 on: Feb 25, 2018, 05:07 PM »
Great Nefound Derby... we did not have any success to speak of but enjoyed a great weekend.. 2 nights on the ice with great friends.. no fish but many stories.. PS: there are NO fish in Wellington Bay.. glad everyone had a good weekend!
Lol...no fish off Wellington launch either!
I’d like to know where the recent 15 pounder and the derby winner 13 pounder were caught!!! Deep, shallow, ??   

Offline Nitro16

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #442 on: Feb 25, 2018, 05:15 PM »
Lol...no fish off Wellington launch either!
I’d like to know where the recent 15 pounder and the derby winner 13 pounder were caught!!! Deep, shallow, ??
From what I see on Facebook the 13 pounder came off Whittemore point.
Born to fish, forced to work....

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #443 on: Feb 25, 2018, 05:23 PM »
From what I see on Facebook the 13 pounder came off Whittemore point.

Thanks! What Facebook site would that be?

Offline Nitro16

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #444 on: Feb 25, 2018, 05:32 PM »
Thanks! What Facebook site would that be?
Ice fishing NH..... Someone asked for board results and someone posted a picture of the papers people had to fill out when checking out in fish. If it wasn't so hard to post pictures here I'd post the picture
Born to fish, forced to work....

Offline Mascoma

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #445 on: Feb 25, 2018, 05:36 PM »
Back from derby, two long days with no fish & no flags. But, my 11yo son and I really tried hard.  We are walkers so after about 3 or 4 Miles pulling a kids sled loaded up I'm beat, lol.

On saturday, in the AM I happen to glance up and  see a golf cart/4 wheeler with a ice shanty member flag. The folks waved as they went by us (right off the furthest island point from wellington beach). 

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #446 on: Feb 25, 2018, 05:46 PM »
Random pics.

Offline Dipstick

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ( jigging Joe)
« Reply #447 on: Feb 25, 2018, 07:16 PM »
Yep, our 13.6 was in the whittemore area... That spot yeilded about20 + or -lakers Today, we lost a 10lb? In the hole, that really sucked. Was nice to see a few of the circus folks at the wheight in. I will try to post a pic

Offline Dipstick

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ( jigging Joe)
« Reply #448 on: Feb 25, 2018, 07:17 PM »

Offline zwiggles

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #449 on: Feb 25, 2018, 07:24 PM »
That’s a great fish!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor