Author Topic: Jig help?  (Read 1635 times)

Offline fishon22

• Team IceShanty Regular
Jig help?
« on: Feb 11, 2010, 06:55 PM »
hey, so this weekend im going with my friend to this private pond that was packed with bluegill in the summer. So i have a bunch of jigs and was wondering wich jigs i should use first to get the bluegills. i have diamond jigs in firetiger, and black. Gill pills in pink, and firetiger. Gill getters in fire ant. Bro bugs in firetiger. Mud bugs, in grasshopper. and i have ratsos in pink, and bros blood worms in chartruse. whew. ok so just wanted some oppinions on wich jigs i should definetly use to get those gills. thanks!

Offline ryno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ditch the bobbers and get a 'tight line'
Re: Jig help?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 11, 2010, 08:11 PM »
start with the larger profile jigs and go smaller if they arent hammering it.  it helps to run 2 rods with different sizes and colors and start narrowing them by down by which is producing better.  no need to fish with teeny tiny jigs if they will gobble up a larger bait. also if they are on a good bite try just tipping with plastics...saves time by not having to rebait as often.  i like the most all of the jigs you mentioned...i am partial to black and natural looking colors for big gills.  for the evening bite for sure put the glow red lures on...i have had great success the last several yrs with them.
]

Offline fishon22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 11, 2010, 08:39 PM »
start with the larger profile jigs and go smaller if they arent hammering it.  it helps to run 2 rods with different sizes and colors and start narrowing them by down by which is producing better.  no need to fish with teeny tiny jigs if they will gobble up a larger bait. also if they are on a good bite try just tipping with plastics...saves time by not having to rebait as often.  i like the most all of the jigs you mentioned...i am partial to black and natural looking colors for big gills.  for the evening bite for sure put the glow red lures on...i have had great success the last several yrs with them.
Awesome! Thank you so much for the info.

Offline Townie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2010, 10:48 PM »
Start w/ bright colors & scale back to dark jigs w/ a neutral bite
Bulls, Jumbos & Slabs Oh My!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.