Author Topic: ponds  (Read 681 times)

Offline fishinfanatic1

• Team IceShanty Regular
ponds
« on: Jan 15, 2013, 04:29 PM »
its been a couple years since ive fished them but the ponds between the river and the airport used to have some good size bass in them. the only way to get to them is by boat from the river and pulling on shore and walking to them.

also the fishing peir at newport landing(i call it big bennington, PV i call little bennington) up until this last year had lots of 10 inch bluegills but for some reason or another last spring/summer/fall i only caught small ones, i cant imagine they got fished out because the only public acsess is that peir and the lake is big and i hardly ever see residents on boats fishing. but for some reason or another they were not by or biting from the peir last year. theres also big crappies in there( ive never caught one under 12 inches and the biggest was 17)  but ive only caught them at night hanging a lantern over the peir and using gulp minnows at night and never caught a limit of them. also theres good bass both largemouth and smallmouth( ive only caught 2 smallies compared to hundreds of largemouths but theyre in there),walleyes and channels. they call the sheriff if they see people on the bank and not on the peir and there is no live bait or ice fishing permitted.
every good fish story begins with this aint no bull  "captain phil harris"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.