Author Topic: (mousie) fish bait  (Read 2893 times)

Offline icebuzz

• IceShanty Rookie
(mousie) fish bait
« on: Dec 13, 2010, 08:20 AM »
Anyone know who sells mousie bait locally in Omaha,  I hear some people prefer them over wax worms for ice fishing.  Has anyone used live mousie bait before, if so would like to know.

Offline formerSDguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Addict!
Re: (mousie) fish bait
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2010, 08:32 AM »
Whats local? In Lincoln Wolf Tackle.
Teach a kid to fish and hunt and they will be resourceful, smart and confident. Today's world is much different than the one I knew as a child. They need these skills even more than I did.

Offline FishGut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2010, 08:33 AM »
Nebraska's a big state. Where are you at?
Nebraska certified Fishing Instructor

Offline icebuzz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2010, 08:35 AM »
Omaha nebraska

Offline icebuzz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 13, 2010, 08:43 AM »
Nebraska's a big state. Where are you at?

Omaha area.

Offline JimQ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 13, 2010, 10:20 AM »
Anyone know who sells mousie bait locally in Omaha,  I hear some people prefer them over wax worms for ice fishing.  Has anyone used live mousie bait before, if so would like to know.

Bet you're in Omaha.  HA!

Yeah, I fished with Mousies last season.  I'll be honest, I wasn't impressed.  They were soft and didn't stay on the hook well.  On the ponds and lakes that I fished, Waxies and Spikes worked better for me.  Not to mention, they have a smell about them.  Hard to explain.  Sort of like rotten wet dirt...  I didn't order an Mousies this year when I ordered bait.

Sorry, no local source in Omaha to recommend.

Q

Offline icebuzz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 13, 2010, 01:55 PM »
Bet you're in Omaha.  HA!

Yeah, I fished with Mousies last season.  I'll be honest, I wasn't impressed.  They were soft and didn't stay on the hook well.  On the ponds and lakes that I fished, Waxies and Spikes worked better for me.  Not to mention, they have a smell about them.  Hard to explain.  Sort of like rotten wet dirt...  I didn't order an Mousies this year when I ordered bait.

Sorry, no local source in Omaha to recommend.

Q
Hey thanks for the info. I'll just keep with wax worms and the gulp fish fries i have had pretty good with the different colors gulp has out thanks again JimQ!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.