The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: New MN Members Check in Here!  (Read 173276 times)

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
New MN Members Check in Here!
« on: Dec 09, 2008, 08:03 PM »
I would like to give a big welcome to all of the MN newbies! Let us know a bit about yourself!

Where are you from? Where do you fish? Are you new to the sport or a seasoned ice god?

You need 5 posts before you can view certain parts of the site, this can be a good place to get one out of the way! :laugh:

Offline walleyegetter

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: New MN Members Check in Here!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2008, 09:34 PM »
Hi I'm Jason. New to this site but not new to fishing. I mostly fish Minnetonka and other lakes in the area. I've been laid off the past 3 winters and I love it.

Offline DaddyRazzo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 09, 2008, 10:28 PM »
hey my name is CJ. I live in good ol Red Wing. Im not a born MN, so im working on mastering the ice fishing world and i love it. I fish mostley around here &right over the bridge to wisconsin but i do take trips around MN. cant wait to talk more  CJ

Offline olympiccop2002

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2008, 10:50 PM »
Hi I'm Bjorn and I'm an ice fishing addict... :tipup: I guess the first step is to admit it huh? ;D I've fished up North (LOW, URL) but never in the Metro area. I'll be fishing the Washington and Chisago area this Winter. Good luck to us all and stay safe!

Bjorn 

Offline muduck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2008, 10:59 PM »
Name is Adam 24 years old, im from milaca MN, lived in or around milaca my whole life, been ice fishin since i was old about five years old, far from a pro, but i love to be on the ice!!, love fishing period

Offline Fat_C

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 09, 2008, 11:47 PM »
They call me Colt, 24, No wife to tell me no (yet), Live in Zimmerman, MN. Usually fish around town. Baxter, Blue, Little Elk, Green and sometimes go to Mille Lacs. Not addicted or anything  ;), just a recreational user.

Offline DeviousPete

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 10, 2008, 05:34 AM »
Not really NEW.... been around for a while.... just havent' posted alot...

From St Cloud.... Originally from NY/NJ .... Been here about 3 years now and haven't looked back :D
Usually fish the St Cloud area lakes..... or Mille lacs and LOW ....

Offline Feeling Crappie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 10, 2008, 12:10 PM »
My name is Jason. I've been ice fishing for 10 years now. Still can't catch the size or numbers I want but that's the way it goes they can always be bigger or have more of em. I release almost everything I catch unless a request for fish comes down from grandma. I love catching crappies and I'm always down for somebody new coming with me or taking me with them. I like to see how other people fish too. :tipup:
The best thing about ice fishing is that when you get on a good bite you don't have to worry about your beer getting warm!

Offline two_fish_tommy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ICEFISHING IS LIFE!!!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 10, 2008, 05:46 PM »
My name is tom. been ice fishing my whole life mostly little lakes in cen mn.  spent alot of time on the ice with skipper not catching anything. so I guess he is the reason I got into this site. For those of you who came to the ice show I was the one there with skipper :tipup:

I DONT CARE I STILL BLEED PURPLE AND GOLD, SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Dec 10, 2008, 08:06 PM »
Welcome to the site!

Look for the reports boards to start changing in the coming days. If you have a section, go ahead and post! If not, I should have most of you covered by sunday night. ;)

If there is anything you would like to see, post me some info........HERE.

Offline Snortwheeze

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 11, 2008, 07:58 PM »
Hi all
Snortwheeze
Been Ice fiching since could woalk or close to it
fish in south west mn

Offline MNman5r

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 11, 2008, 09:38 PM »
Hey there guys! Im Dru. Ive lived in Waconia most of my life and I fish Lake Waconia, hydes, parley and whaletail. sometimes im lucky enough to go to Lake of the Woods
No mom I've always had that much gear!!!

Offline David Barber

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 11, 2008, 09:42 PM »
Welcome all!

Offline Leatherman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 11, 2008, 10:17 PM »
Greetings from the West Metro! I fish Medicine, Independence and Parkers Lakes to name a few. I also try to get up to Mille Lacs a few times each season. Whenever I can I'll share what I've learned and look forward to hearing your insights and opinions. I'm looking forward to being an old pro at fishing hard water someday instead of being just old!

Offline mrdougb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 12, 2008, 11:27 AM »
I'm Doug and I live in Little Falls, MN.  I moved out here from Colorado about 5 years ago and have been Ice Fishing since I got here.  I usually fish the Central MN area (Little Falls, Brainerd, St Cloud, Alex areas).

Offline TJ Bauer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LIVE LIFE, FISH, BE SAFE, HAVE FUN
« Reply #15 on: Dec 15, 2008, 01:13 PM »
Welcome to all the new members in the great state of Minnesota

Offline channelcatben

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Dec 15, 2008, 05:22 PM »
I'm Ben. I'm in Minneapolis, and I mainly fish the city lakes (usually Nokomis... it's close). This is only my second year on the ice, but I'm pretty much addicted. Used to hate winter until I figured out how to fish on hard water.
\"If everybody\'s thinking alike, then somebody\'s not thinking.\" - G.S. Patton

Offline tlau

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Dec 16, 2008, 01:37 PM »
Hi. Tim from Eveleth. Been reading iceshanty for years and finally signed up. Its been a great start to the season thus far. nice solid ice and now a blanket of snow.  ;D

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18 on: Dec 17, 2008, 07:14 PM »

we were going to call it NOWIFE (North of Wherever Ice Fishing Excursion).....

Priceless ;D You should slap a trade mark on that. :thumbsup:

Offline mthodges

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Dec 18, 2008, 01:42 PM »
Name is Ty, I live in Bloomington, Fish West Metro Lakes most of the time, Transplant from the Pacific Northwest, been ice fishing only about 4 years. Make an annual ice fishing trek north to Lake of the Woods with Friends and Family.

Offline essquires

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Dec 18, 2008, 06:41 PM »
Hello,
My name is Eric and I live in Duluth.  I will mostly fish in the Duluth/Twin Ports area and also a little bit around my home town area of Chaska/Waconia.  It took me a few years but now I have all my gear and am ready to do some serious fishing!

Offline photoboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Dec 18, 2008, 09:25 PM »
 ;D Hello fellow MN ice fisherman, have been ice fishing for about 10 years now.  I love every year...even though I don't get out much (wife & 2 kids) I do make is count every time I go.  I have an annual trip up to Lake of the Woods with a group of guys (10-20).  I will also get out to Lake Traverse (for Northerns) and out to a small lake in WI for sunnies and crappies!  

LOWIFT...we were going to call it NOWIFE (North of Wherever Ice Fishing Excursion)...

Our annual LOWIFT (Lake of the Woods Ice Fishing Trip) will be on Jan 15-18 (fishing on the 16th & 17th)his year...I will be looking for any info on how the lake is doing and good tips the week or so leading up to it...

I wish you all the best of luck this year...and "Get 'em on the Ice!!"

:laugh: :tipup:

Photoboy
LoWIFT Vise-Poobah

Offline carper34

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I only angle through ice
« Reply #22 on: Dec 18, 2008, 09:56 PM »
pete from bemidji/ wadena, mn depending on what time of year. usually fish on ottertail lake for walleyes

Offline pascooter94

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Dec 20, 2008, 05:58 AM »
hi, scott from new ulm, ice fishing about 15 yrs,open water about 40years I fish bass tourney's in the summer, then go after what ever eats my jigs in the winter.
hope to learn more from all of you.   <(((>(

Offline stevelord47

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Dec 22, 2008, 11:10 AM »

Greetings all. I am Steve from Apple Valley.  I have been ice fishing irregularly for more than 40 years.  This year I plan on getting out every chance I can get. I purchased a new auger and flasher at the Ice Fishing Show and have already been out a half dozen times.  I fish Prior, occasionally The Lake of the Woods and Minnewaska.
This past Saturday my son and I fished Prior for a couple of hours without much success.  We moved across the lake to a small bay and fished in 25 feet of water where we found crappies at about 12 feet.We limited out and were home by 4 PM. They were hitting on a small fluorescent green jig with small minnows.
I am excited to have found this great site and am looking forward to getting acquainted with you fellow anglers :icefish:
Flasher guy!

Offline KTapper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Dec 24, 2008, 11:00 PM »
I'm Kevin from Rosemount/Mankato.. I love to fish down south around Mankato, and I'm going to try some metro spots this winter. I'm very knowledgeable on open water and hardwater.

Offline mnoutdoor

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Dec 30, 2008, 04:24 PM »
I go by mnoutdoor.I fish in local lakes around Fergus falls.

Offline ifishalone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Jan 01, 2009, 10:18 AM »
Name is Larry.  Been lurking for a while.  I fish mostly the north Metro and want to get my kids excited about fishing.  This has been the easiest way, since I don't have a boat.  Thanks for all your wisdom.

Offline zamboni

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Jan 01, 2009, 10:22 AM »
Welcome to all the new members.

Offline PIE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Jan 01, 2009, 10:11 PM »
Im Brian, from chaska, i fish the surrounding lakes, mostly waconia. Ive ice fished for about 5 years but i havent gone out very often. this year ive gotten really into it. i got a new portable, a new auger and a crap load of gear. So now i got somthin to do in the winter. its been a lot of fun so far

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.