The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: best and worst  (Read 599 times)

Offline two_fish_tommy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ICEFISHING IS LIFE!!!
best and worst
« on: Jan 09, 2011, 10:25 AM »
what is your best day on the ice and what is the worst.
my best is not be able to fish with more than one line and in fifteen we were sorting 11 inch crappies out.
worst was sitting all day and not catching anything but watching them on the flasher, then while packing up skipper fell through on a spring >:(

I DONT CARE I STILL BLEED PURPLE AND GOLD, SKOL VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jberg440

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: best and worst
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2011, 01:41 PM »
My best and worst days usually intertwine... limits of eye's on Mille Lacs but than getting stranded by pressure cracks and being forced to jump em...all this during 30knot winds... sure makes for some great memories though!

Or another time same story limit of walleye and perch on the big lake....followed by backing into the garage doors because i forgot the snowmobile ramp down... :%$#!:

Like the old saying goes, a bad day fishin is better than a good day at work!  ;)
The man banging on the door yelled "Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms"... I just assumed it was more supplies.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2011, 05:15 PM »
The best days are when the weather is fair and I can explore the lake and find spots to fish and actually catch a fish while doing that.

Worst days are when I get stuck in snow drifts, lose or break things, or get injured or falling into an unmarked spear hole.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2011, 01:01 AM »
The best came last year during the gathering on mil lacs when i met some of the best members here... The worst was also last year when i had to sit out during some of the best fishing cause i had back surgey.
Hard Ice

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.