Author Topic: calgary and areas fishing  (Read 4367 times)

HoneyPig

calgary and areas fishing
« on: Nov 11, 2003, 04:00 PM »
Does anyone knows what is the water like at McGregor Lake this time of the year? Am I be able fish off the shore? Any other good place to fish in this weather? ;)

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re:calgary and areas fishing
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2003, 10:01 AM »
From what I have been reading people were out on the ice this past weekend at McGregor.

As for other places to winter fish, there are lots, what are you targeting?

HoneyPig

« Reply #2 on: Nov 13, 2003, 01:46 AM »
hmm....so the lake is only good for ice-fishing now!? Well, I just want to fish somewhere near Calgary, within 2hrs drive, and not much of a hike in. Since I don't have much luck fishing at the Bow river in the city limit. Any good idea?

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 13, 2003, 10:22 AM »
You will only be ice fishing in the winter around Calgary unless you head down to the Bow.

McGregor
Travers
Chain Lakes South
Lake Newell
Keho Lake
Spray Lake
Ghost Lake
Dickson Dam

There's a few for ya for ice fishing.

HoneyPig

« Reply #4 on: Nov 17, 2003, 04:07 AM »
unlucky, I don't have the needed toys and gears for ice-fishing. And most of my friends are fly-fishermen. No one ever take me out for ice-fishing. So, I guess the only change that I can fish now is at the Bow river  :'(

tigger2_101@hotmai

« Reply #5 on: Dec 13, 2003, 08:05 PM »
 :'( hi there the fishing season doesn't need to end just cause the ice man is here. Collect some gear over time and enjoy. Lots of good advise on what to get and where to go. A simple rod and reel is a good start. Tight lines ;D
unlucky, I don't have the needed toys and gears for ice-fishing. And most of my friends are fly-fishermen. No one ever take me out for ice-fishing. So, I guess the only change that I can fish now is at the Bow river  :'(
:'(

HoneyPig

« Reply #6 on: Dec 15, 2003, 06:44 AM »
if I want to go ice-fishing this weekend (Dec20), where is the good place to go? And what time should I be there to start fishing? Any good tips?  ::)

bigbulldog

« Reply #7 on: Jan 08, 2004, 07:55 PM »
go to spaylakes it is good fishing ;D

sweet446

Re: calgary and areas fishing
« Reply #8 on: Feb 11, 2004, 01:57 PM »
cold lake is my favorite

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.