Author Topic: Cusk don't like me this year  (Read 904 times)

Offline Ruimachado

• Team IceShanty Regular
Cusk don't like me this year
« on: Feb 17, 2024, 11:37 PM »
Another 6h of absolute pain, 2 fish on camera and a few more marked on the panoptix but only caught 1 dink jigging, 12 traps 0 fish.
Was setup on a beautiful spot, deep water close by on a 20ft deep sand/rock field and we had chum on the bottom since 4 in the afternoon, don't know what I'm doing wrong, my best spots have no ice , kinda trying to explore areas where there's actually ice on the big lake, might have to completely change the lake I'm fishing, just need one good night on the jigging rod before the season ends ::)

Offline Dirt23

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Cusk don't like me this year
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2024, 04:16 AM »
I fish an area that has structure like that but don't get into them untill 1st week of March and each week of March that goes by fishing gets better. We'll see if ice holds out.  I wouldn't right it off yet

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2024, 10:48 AM »
My best luck on cusk traps over the derby was in deeper water. Closer to 40fow. That being said I did catch one jigging around 30-35 fow during the day.
Tight Lines!

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2024, 07:45 AM »
Ive caught 34 cusk in a 24hour soak in a similar spot this time of year. I think location and access (ice) is huge. Trying differnt depths helps to narrow the bite down.
Just add water.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.