Author Topic: New gear reviews  (Read 2643 times)

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: New gear reviews
« Reply #30 on: Feb 19, 2024, 10:44 AM »
I got a new 7 gallon bucket to sit up higher than a 5 gallon, also bought some velcro strapping and a grommet maker for about 30 bucks and made reel wraps for all my tip-ups and my friends too. You enablers are throwing all this nice stuff out there trying to get the rest of us to break our monthly buckets !  ;D ;D

Offline george_l

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Feb 19, 2024, 01:15 PM »
I got a new 7 gallon bucket to sit up higher than a 5 gallon, also bought some velcro strapping and a grommet maker for about 30 bucks and made reel wraps for all my tip-ups and my friends too. You enablers are throwing all this nice stuff out there trying to get the rest of us to break our monthly buckets !  ;D ;D

Browns in Merrimack has the bright orange Eagle Claw velcro line wraps for $2.95.  5 pack. Looks like Dicks has them on sale for $2.99 now as well.

For $30 you could get 50 traps worth.  I have had to put a couple of staples in the Eagle Claw ones.  But they were cheap enough for me to buy them rather than make them.

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Feb 26, 2024, 06:16 AM »
Browns in Merrimack has the bright orange Eagle Claw velcro line wraps for $2.95.  5 pack. Looks like Dicks has them on sale for $2.99 now as well.

For $30 you could get 50 traps worth.  I have had to put a couple of staples in the Eagle Claw ones.  But they were cheap enough for me to buy them rather than make them.
I have got my monies worth. I have over 50 tip -ups and I did another 40 plus for friends with lots of grommets and velcro left over. :)

Offline george_l

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Feb 26, 2024, 03:56 PM »
Yeah, my post probably came off stronger than I intended.  Just trying to pass on a good deal on straps.  I had made some of my own earlier, but for the price and lack of hassle for me, these hit the sweet spot.

My first attempt at making them turned out some rather clunky straps.

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Feb 26, 2024, 03:59 PM »
Yeah, my post probably came off stronger than I intended.  Just trying to pass on a good deal on straps.  I had made some of my own earlier, but for the price and lack of hassle for me, these hit the sweet spot.

My first attempt at making them turned out some rather clunky straps.

George, No offense taken sir !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.