Michigan > Ice Fishing Michigan U.P.

Ice fishing trash, litter.

<< < (2/4) > >>

yoopr:

--- Quote from: Extcat on Apr 02, 2021, 08:57 PM ---I have not seen much this year, not everyone’s bad!

--- End quote ---
You are right, there certainly are a lot of very good sports people, conscientious and go the extra mile to pick up after others. It's the picking up after others that shouldn't exist. Thanks to all who help keep it clean.

mr.clean:
Yoopr sadly the subject of trash seems to be mentioned here on ice Shanty yearly. Like others i always try to have a trash bag with me when on a fishing trip and send some time picking up any thing i see left by others. Thank you to everyone else who deos the same thing also a belated welcome to Ice Shanty.

Snitch#8 great story.

Steve

DR.SPECKLER:
Yeah its trash ever year but now its evolved into masks and gloves laying on or by the lakes and rivers.

Fishhead680:
Snitch#8
That is a really great story. Thanks for sharing that.

yoopr:
SNitch#8, what a great story, Thank you very much for sharing it. And thanks for your fathers day idea.
 As a young boy in my early teens, my best friends dad used to take 4 or 5 of us out in the old '60's pickup, we'd ride on the tailgate, he'd drive real slow, we'd take turns running to grab the trash and cans on the side of the camp road. This was on a very popular lake road with a lot of camps and homes on it. We used to look forward to that every spring, we had a lot of fun, we felt good about what we were doing and it helped mold our characters.

Another story, My wife and I were going fishing at Bass lake in the U.P. we were getting our boat ready, when we watched a father and his son begin backing their boat into the lake, the Dad had gotten out to unhook the boat from the trailer, and while Dad was busy, the young son (8 or 9 years old) rolled down his window and hung his arm down, he dropped a candy wrapper on the ground. I waited until the father was back in his truck, I raised my arm and said, hang on a second, I walked up to the side of the truck, bent over, picked up the wrapper and handed it back to the boy "saying, I think you dropped this by accident", I turned and walked away. The father looked very disappointed as you could tell how the son dropped the wrapper, he knew his Dad wouldn't approve.
I like to think it was a learning moment for the son, but I have no idea. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version